Blowpipe Dryad in Fallen Angel

joanofarc

Hi.

I have just begun a Blowpyped Hunter Dryad (+GGT, Ancient Bark, and Vines from Nature Aspect)in FA similar to Putresculenu"s and I would like to ask a few questions.

She is now at level 35 and I do not want to add on Bargaining to the build. (I have a DW Seraphim in Platinum and she gives smith defense to the build).

(I just tried to put in Bargainin into 35th, and pumped it with 35 hard points and also with the modifiers I could get 90 points, but the shoppers still do not sell good pipes), so I will leave out bargaining for sure, anyways, I do not have any place to squezze in.

My first question is How could I get good blowpipes with my Dryad?

I have a seraphim with 75 Enchanted Perception, but she mainly finds herself great stuff not for other classes and EP comes into place at level 75 for valuables.

Another question is how many runes should I eat for Ancient Bark and for Sinister Predator?

For SP I choose Hunting Focus for Gold so could I keep it at level eating or just eat 1 rune and use gear mods?

How to pump Ancient Bark (because it increase ALL CA regeneration?

My last question is bronze mods is good for another DW fighter Dryad? Does Reload have any effect on hits for a fighter or more damage (Edged) is a better choice?

Thank for the answers in advance.

Regards.

Hi.

I have just begun a Blowpyped Hunter Dryad (+GGT, Ancient Bark, and Vines from Nature Aspect)in FA similar to Putresculenu"s and I would like to ask a few questions.

She is now at level 35 and I do not want to add on Bargaining to the build. (I have a DW Seraphim in Platinum and she gives smith defense to the build).

(I just tried to put in Bargainin into 35th, and pumped it with 35 hard points and also with the modifiers I could get 90 points, but the shoppers still do not sell good pipes), so I will leave out bargaining for sure, anyways, I do not have any place to squezze in.

My first question is How could I get good blowpipes with my Dryad?

I have a seraphim with 75 Enchanted Perception, but she mainly finds herself great stuff not for other classes and EP comes into place at level 75 for valuables.

Another question is how many runes should I eat for Ancient Bark and for Sinister Predator?

For SP I choose Hunting Focus for Gold so could I keep it at level eating or just eat 1 rune and use gear mods?

How to pump Ancient Bark (because it increase ALL CA regeneration?

My last question is bronze mods is good for another DW fighter Dryad? Does Reload have any effect on hits for a fighter or more damage (Edged) is a better choice?

Thank for the answers in advance.

Regards.

Ah, the dreaded blowpipe drought... I have passed many, many levels without finding a good upgrade for my blowpipes. This is including extensive shopping runs, so that is no guarantee to find a blowpipe either. So there is no real need to warp your build to fit Bargaining in just to find blowpipes. I really do not have any good answer to your question "How can I find a good blowpipe with my dryad" other than to keep looking. Sorry to say it, but the blowpipes are quite rare to drop or find in shops, so finding the "perfect" one may be very, very hard; if you find one that is "decent" then I would go with it.

Hrm... how many runes to eat into your buffs? ONE! It is truly the best answer to that question... and use buff-suits to pre-cast your buffs. See the Holos Bros guide to buff suits for more info!

Your final question about a dual-wield dryad, EDGED is indeed the choice for modifying Darting Assault. As you suspected, reload does nothing for a melee-weapon using dryad.

Rare Blowpipes are exactly that: Rare. It is possible to find them at merchants with a very high level bargaining. (tier 11-12) But as Scott said, it takes a lot of time. You may do almost as well to just keep grinding and hope for a good drop. As for a unique blowpipe, I think there is only 1 and it didn't come along until 2.65.1 Ice and Blood. And the CM gods blessed us with a legendary in the CM Patch. The trade off for not have uber powerful damage and stats on pipes is the incredible attack speed and the instant hit projectile. Even with low damage and stats, blowpipes rule on a dryad IMO.

Cheers

Rare Blowpipes are exactly that: Rare. It is possible to find them at merchants with a very high level bargaining. (tier 11-12) But as Scott said, it takes a lot of time. You may do almost as well to just keep grinding and hope for a good drop. As for a unique blowpipe, I think there is only 1 and it didn't come along until 2.65.1 Ice and Blood. And the CM gods blessed us with a legendary in the CM Patch. The trade off for not have uber powerful damage and stats on pipes is the incredible attack speed and the instant hit projectile. Even with low damage and stats, blowpipes rule on a dryad IMO.

Cheers

If you're referring to Silent Death, that puppy should have been available in Ice and Blood. No CM Patch required.

Actually, Ice and blood added 3 unique blow pipes and 2 legendaries, unfortunatley for you joanofarc, there are no unique ones you can count on as drops in FA. If you want to shop for them, you have a better chance finding class specific items with the class that uses them, so a dryad shopper will be you best chance at buying blowpipes with any regularity.

• 2 weeks later...

ah! great bit of info there. 3 uniques and 2 legendaries give us hope of finding something cool.

Hi Guys!

Thank you for the great comment that you all gave to me about how to find good blowpipe in FA.

My Dryad is at Level 55 in Gold and she is in the Orc territory. It is really hard to get good pipe in FA. I have a Lvl48 Blowpipe with 3 silver slot and using bows.

Which is a better pipe: a normal one with 3 silver slots or a blowpipe with +5Ravaged Impact + 1/2slots?

Does anyone know how can I get "Aura of Death" Blowpipe or where can I download it from?

Thx.

Edited by joanofarc

Hi Guys!

Thank you for the great comment that you all gave to me about how to find good blowpipe in FA.

My Dryad is at Level 55 in Gold and she is in the Orc territory. It is really hard to get good pipe in FA. I have a Lvl48 Blowpipe with 3 silver slot and using bows.

Which is a better pipe: a normal one with 3 silver slots or a blowpipe with +5Ravaged Impact + 1/2slots?

Does anyone know how can I get "Aura of Death" Blowpipe or where can I download it from?

Thx.

The Aura of Death is actually an Ice and Blood item. Not droppable in vanilla Fallen Angel, unfortunately.

As a general rule, weapons have a "materiel" slot - usually grey (console) or blue (PC) and only damage-modifiers (ie Magic Pearl, Chunk of Lava) can go into those slots. So I am suspect of your "3 silver slots" as I would think that it has 2 silver and 1 grey/blue slot.

If you are using Ravaged Impact as your main attack, then I would go with the +5 RI/slots blowpipe, unless you have some really good jewellery you want to socket into your other pipe.

Since I play console, I have the same issues finding a good blowpipe, and typically I will go with "max sockets" over almost any native modifiers that are found on blowpipes. With one exception - probably the best blowpipe you can find will be a rare, and it will have "Opponent level for Deathblow X%" and 2 silver slots (+1 gray/blue socket). Then you need 2 rings with the deathblow modifier to socket into it, and you should end up with >50% DB! The only other blowpipe that I found to compare that setup to would be finding one with huge base damage (compared to other pipes)... and those almost never have any slots except the grey/blue one.

Hi Guys!

Thx.

The Aura of Death is actually an Ice and Blood item. Not droppable in vanilla Fallen Angel, unfortunately.

As a general rule, weapons have a "materiel" slot - usually grey (console) or blue (PC) and only damage-modifiers (ie Magic Pearl, Chunk of Lava) can go into those slots. So I am suspect of your "3 silver slots" as I would think that it has 2 silver and 1 grey/blue slot.

If you are using Ravaged Impact as your main attack, then I would go with the +5 RI/slots blowpipe, unless you have some really good jewellery you want to socket into your other pipe.

Since I play console, I have the same issues finding a good blowpipe, and typically I will go with "max sockets" over almost any native modifiers that are found on blowpipes. With one exception - probably the best blowpipe you can find will be a rare, and it will have "Opponent level for Deathblow X%" and 2 silver slots (+1 gray/blue socket). Then you need 2 rings with the deathblow modifier to socket into it, and you should end up with >50% DB! The only other blowpipe that I found to compare that setup to would be finding one with huge base damage (compared to other pipes)... and those almost never have any slots except the grey/blue one.

Hi Scott.

Thank you for your advice. As you suspected my Blowpipe has 2 silver and a blue slot. I prefer "max sockects" and I put "damage+Attack Value" into 2 slots (my brother has a Niob Ice Elf and I put with that damage+attack value into the slots and a lava or ice converter. I also use "Dragonbone Swiftbone" Bow.

It is quite a shame that "Aura of Death" only exists in Ice and Blood. On sacredwiki it does not say it.

Do you know any one-handed sword/blade that has "Life Leech from opponents +X %" "? There is "Thunderstrike" which is a 2-handed sword and "Kaldur"s Legacy" which is a Mace.

Edited by joanofarc

Do you know any one-handed sword/blade that has "Life Leech from opponents +X %" "? There is "Thunderstrike" which is a 2-handed sword and "Kaldur"s Legacy" which is a Mace.

The only one is an unlock sword which has a tiny amount of %LL, however as a character can only spawn it once in their lifetime you can't depend on it for a build.

Hi.

I tried "Silent Death" Blowpipe in Sacred 2-Fallen Angel and it works. "Wyndryder's Death" Blowpipe also works in FA.

Does Someone have any Life Leech +% (like LL +0.5 %) amulet or ring? It would be great if you could upload some.

Regards.

Joan

Hi.

I tried "Silent Death" Blowpipe in Sacred 2-Fallen Angel and it works. "Wyndryder's Death" Blowpipe also works in FA.

Does Someone have any Life Leech +% (like LL +0.5 %) amulet or ring? It would be great if you could upload some.

Regards.

Joan

You can't get jewellery with %LL sorry, doesnt appear on those items.

• 5 months later...