Which Temple Guardian guides are for Ice & Blood or not?

Hi

I hope someone could help me with my question, cause all the threads are older.

I've just begun to play Sacred 2 (PC) without the Ice and Blood addon. I intend to play only sp and only to level 100 (or whenever I can finish Gold). My problem with all the guides and threads here that I don't know if they are for the orig. game or for Ice and Blood. I asked the question in the general forum and was advised to ask individually.

So I want to play a utility TG (nice idea). And in this forum there are 3 nice but unlabeled guides (dobri, Immali and vaclaf).

Could any one pls tell me which of them is for the orig. game and which not?

thx

farnor

This one (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9517&st=20) was definitely written for FA, since on the 2nd page a poster asked if it would still work for Ice and Blood.

This one (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11066) specs version 2.40, which I know was FA (I believe the final FA version was 2.43).

The last one (http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9905&st=0), I would guess FA, but cannot say for certain.

Now, let the fun begin... :butcher:

Hey there Farnor and welcome to DarkMatters. :) Sorry I missed your earlier post but I can tell you that those Utility builds will be fine in Fallen Angel. Majority of the builds here began in Fallen Angel. A rule of thumb you could use is that if the build was posted before October 2009(02/10/2009) then it is a Fallen Angel build.

Happy gaming! :)

EDIT: Beat me to it lujate! Great answer. Thanx!

As an extra note, pretty much any build for ice and blood will work in fallen angel, unless there is an extreme reliance upon regen per hit which on works consistently with ice and blood. Other than that, an Ice and Blood build will be stronger in fallen angel because of higher +all skills bonuses and deathblow and the like working with spells.

Hi

I hope someone could help me with my question, cause all the threads are older.

I've just begun to play Sacred 2 (PC) without the Ice and Blood addon. I intend to play only sp and only to level 100 (or whenever I can finish Gold). My problem with all the guides and threads here that I don't know if they are for the orig. game or for Ice and Blood. I asked the question in the general forum and was advised to ask individually.

So I want to play a utility TG (nice idea). And in this forum there are 3 nice but unlabeled guides (dobri, Immali and vaclaf).

Could any one pls tell me which of them is for the orig. game and which not?

thx

farnor

Welcome to DarkMatters Farnor!

I have, as well, moved your question from our reference guides section into General Discussion on Temple Guardians.

Enjoy the boards!

:)

gogo

THX very much for the fast replies (lujate I owe u 2 thx :hugs: ).

I'll follow the tip with the post date and start to skill my chars. Its becoming weird to have four level 10-15 chars without any skills :sweating: ).

Since we r already in this discussion my next question about this subject (and @gogoblender u can move it again to general discussion :3lmao: ):

Is there any skill (tree)/build for any certain class which has been really and radically changed (buffed) in Ice and Blood so that any build based on it wouldn't work in Fallen Angel ?

(again remember I don't intend to play the higher difficulties of the game).

thx again and keep the good work.

farnor

Edited by Farnor

Is there any skill (tree)/build for any certain class which has been really and radically changed (buffed) in Ice and Blood so that any build based on it wouldn't work in Fallen Angel ?

HI Farnor!

It's a good question^^ I'd suggest making a new topic for this in our General Discussion for Sacred 2, as it's the most well-read forum for this game. You'll hopefully have some great answers.

:)

gogo

THX very much for the fast replies (lujate I owe u 2 thx :hugs: ).

I'll follow the tip with the post date and start to skill my chars. Its becoming weird to have four level 10-15 chars without any skills :sweating: ).

Since we r already in this discussion my next question about this subject (and @gogoblender u can move it again to general discussion :3lmao: ):

thx again and keep the good work.

farnor

For what it's worth - none of the CAs I've come across have been nerfed in Ice and Blood. And I've at least played pretty much every character for a little while.

The things Ice and Blood nerfed are the + All Skills, + General Skills and + Combat Skills items - roughly cutting those values in half - and Deathblow.

As far as I know, all the things that were significantly changed in Ice and Blood were the Item Modifiers. And they were weakened (some of them were halved, others stopped to work with some certain Combat Arts). So all the builds that were made for Ice and Blood would work fine with the original Fallen Angel. The only thing you should note is that the add-on increases the importance of magical resistance. So some of Ice and Blood builds have a lot of suggestions about increasing it, which is not all that useful in the original game. So for Fallen Angel you can change the Spell Resistance skill for something else that you find useful. But it won't be bad if you keep it.

Also, there is no Combat Art that was significantly changed in add-on. Ice and Blood just made some defensive modifications more useful and necessary than they were in the original.

On a side note - the CM patch significantly rebalanses some spells (though not TG's ones), but I've seen no builds that were made specifically for CM.

Edited by Silver_fox

The Inqisitors 3rd aspect spell that stunlocks was nerfed in that it cannot in I and B be comboed for stunlock + damage...

•  
  • The skill Spell Resistance is not useful in Fallen Angel as much because of less DOT.
  • Regeneration per hit does not work in Fallen Angel.
  • Damage lore might not work in Fallen Angel, vaclaf is the expert.

Aside from those any build in Fallen Angel will be more powerful due to deathblow and higher +skills on jewels.