ha

I just noticed I almost never use them, I prefer to use the tongue sticky outey smiley instead

u guys?

smile.gif

gogo

Well...about the only time I use them is when I unintentionally use a ";" instead of a ":"

Not so much because they're agressive I just feel that perhaps they may confuse what you are trying to say to someone. A smile is a smile, but a smile with a wink...better to be safe than sorry ;)

Wink intended :P

Winks may seem aggressive because of the words they might follow. For example, I use the wink when I'm trying to say "hey, wink wink, nudge nudge, that's me being funny, not me making fun" or "hey, that's a joke, don't go off on it". I use the tongue where there's more of an overall tone of silliness.

Hmm, and the tongue has a bit more teasing to it for me. Example: Yeah, like Knuckles' spandex! :P

I use winks because I do not know the shortcut for tongue sticking out. :biggrin:

it's either 'p' or Þ (alt + 168168 on numpad).

Not an option on my Droid, I am afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never had a problem with the 'wink' smiley personally.

Maybe if some-one was over sensitive or paranoid they may take offence, but most of us take it in the context it is offered...............IMHO. ;)

See ya,

Steve. :)

I use winks because I do not know the shortcut for tongue sticking out. :biggrin:

:tongue: = Colon "tongue" colon

:tongue2: = colon "tongue2" colon

Simply remove the spaces and type the word in quotes - without the quotes. Replace the colons at the beginning and end with the : character.

I.e.

Edited by wolfie2kX

t most of us take it in the context it is offered...............IMHO. ;)

Whoop. There it is

Whoop. There it is

I'm careful with a wink, cause peops that know me know what I mean, but peops that don't may misread it.

I'm 'specially careful with women folk when winking, because unless ya know em they might think you're trying to pick em up :girl_sigh: