Annoying soldier following me around

I have a problem...or rather a nuisance. Ever since visiting the Desert I still had a quest circle on El-Darrag, as far as I can tell a leftover from the quest where you take the Commander of El-Darrag and two of his goons on a raid to a Raider camp north (at least I think it was to the north). The quest properly finished in my log but for some reason that circle remained there. I just clicked on it and suddenly the circle moved to the mountain area below the swamp. I've been there before, using that trick or bug where you can dismount from a horse on a no-go area, then jump your way into no-man's land. The circle was near the special mount vendor in that area. I went there, found a circle with an enemy (a cat), slew it and yay, all circles were gone. This solder was close by and since then follows me around. It's one of those desert human soldiers. I let him die in the Swamps (with all those spiders it's the quickest way to get your NPC companions killed in my eyes) but each time I quit and load he is there again. I closed Sacred 2 completely but he appears every time. It's annoying. Is there a way to permanently get rid of him or am I just being punished for going places I shouldn't be going?

a very trivial solution and maybe not what you want to hear but: if you are silver, rush through to the next difficulty to "fix" it.

Yes, I figured that would fix it :) But I'm not ready for that yet. I did finish the main campaign before this happened (finished it this afternoon yay! on Bronze btw) but I still need to wrap up the Jungle and Dryad region (fully exploring and doing the quests there). I also just started on the Epic Office quest, so there is still much to do before I could move on to Silver.

To me, the fact that you kill him off and he comes back bodes ill. Have you tried looking him up by name?

He is just called "Soldier", like one of the two soldiers in the quest "Taking the initiative" where the Commander of El-Darrag follows you with two soldiers. Also the name doesn't alternate with a quest name, like it usually does (normally the name of the NPC in the health bar switches to the quest name he's involved in from time to time). I do recall one of them dying before the quest was completed. The Commander and the other grunt are still in the raider camp. When I finished that quest it got logged as 'finished' in my log but a small circle remained on El-Darrag (the town). It wouldn't change when I selected the quest again (contrary to A Heavy Burden where a small circle remained at Skook's Corner but would switch to a larger circle in the Jade Sea when selecting that quest in your log. I managed to get rid of that btw by going "off road" into the Jade Sea, there was an invisible foe there, killing it checked off the quest in my log finally and removed the circle). The circle on El-Darrag suddenly moved when I clicked on it on the map...something I never witnessed before. Oh well, like I said, it's only an annoyance, not a problem. The guy is not a Leroy Jenkins but has a shield icon (which means he avoids combat), but still.

Whenever my Seraphim wants to change her undies or wants to frolic in a stream naked, she has to get rid of him first...she's very prude (which you wouldn't be able to tell my the slutty way she dresses).

Edited by Fogeltje

ROFL, as if one annoying soldier following me around isn't enough. Suddenly Privat Rinarn (from one of the earliest High Elven quests if I remember correctly) suddenly showed up. I tried the Water Samples quest again, failed then wanted to check out a bugged quest marker from a finished quest in the Dryad Lands (not sure which one it was, one of the quests given near the portal of the capital). It lead me into the sea just east of the island, I killed a cat there and it disappeared. So I quit my game, restored my save game from before accepting Water Samples and loo! I suddenly have another follower. I really think this bug is caused from a combination of going "off map" using the dismount trick and the fact that I restore my savegames if something happens that I don't like (like failing a quest or dying).

Edited by Fogeltje

Yes, I have Ice and Blood with the latest patch (2.65 UK/International I think). Everything else works fine. The Private has disappeared again since I last reloaded the game.

It seems this only happens after completing the main quest. I saved a copy of a character at the wastelands. He did not experience the problem before. Several days after completing the main quest Assim showed up. After a fix from an earlier release they stay very close now often getting the way during a fight and he don't die. I reverted to the saved version and have never had the problem since. Having completed the quest many times, I am fine with leaving it unfinished. I thought about going all the way and not pressing the button. He now has 59% of the map done, I cringe at taking the chance.

It seems this only happens after completing the main quest. I saved a copy of a character at the wastelands. He did not experience the problem before. Several days after completing the main quest Assim showed up. After a fix from an earlier release they stay very close now often getting the way during a fight and he don't die. I reverted to the saved version and have never had the problem since. Having completed the quest many times, I am fine with leaving it unfinished. I thought about going all the way and not pressing the button. He now has 59% of the map done, I cringe at taking the chance.

De Desert soldier appeared while I was still doing the main quest. Private Rinarn indeed only showed up later but he has disappeared again luckily. So far the soldier hasn't bugged me and will simply die when I leave him standing in a mob. So that's at least something.

I once had Zaman, the boy you rescue from the big wolf near Sloeford, appear next to me when I started up at the final Monolith. He disappeared when I went down the stairs towards the Great Machine itself, though. I was wondering what I would do if he didn't disappear...