Armor with stacked Damage Mitigation for High Elf

donc

Hi everyone, I'm hoping somebody can help me with this. I'm currently trying to find torso armors with stacked DM for my HE but my level 103 HE shopper has not seen any after 9-10 hrs of trying. So far only 2 armors with basic DM modifiers (I.e. doesn't require the armor lore skill at all) have appeared. This pales in comparison with my seraphim shopper who has already seen several armors with stacked DM within 15 mins of trying and she is at char level 96. My HE shopper has achieved mastery for bargaining and is at level 406.

So I'm wondering is it because armors with stacked DM doesnt exist for HE or is it because my HE's char level is still too low for such armors to appear? Has anyone managed to purchase such armors for the HE and how was it achieved? Greatly appreciate some advice on this. Thank you :bow:

Hello, Don!

I think you are trying to ask if certain modifiers are more likely to appear for certain classes? ie Damage Mitigation more likely to appear on an item if a Seraphim finds it as opposed to a High Elf?

The general answer is no, but there is a reason why your seraphim trader can find stacked DM and your elf cannot - heavier armours are more likely to have DM than lighter armours. In turn, a Seraphim has better chances to "find" heavy armour than an Elf... which leads to the results you have seen.

Hello, Don!

I think you are trying to ask if certain modifiers are more likely to appear for certain classes? ie Damage Mitigation more likely to appear on an item if a Seraphim finds it as opposed to a High Elf?

The general answer is no, but there is a reason why your seraphim trader can find stacked DM and your elf cannot - heavier armours are more likely to have DM than lighter armours. In turn, a Seraphim has better chances to "find" heavy armour than an Elf... which leads to the results you have seen.

Hello Scott, thank you for the prompt advice, greatly appreciate it :) Is there a way then for me to increase my chances of "finding" a heavy armor for my HE at the shops? I was initially thinking keeping my bargaining at a high level would do the trick but apparently it isnt working..

Hello Scott, thank you for the prompt advice, greatly appreciate it :) Is there a way then for me to increase my chances of "finding" a heavy armor for my HE at the shops? I was initially thinking keeping my bargaining at a high level would do the trick but apparently it isnt working..

I've not really played a lot of hours on the elf. When I do, I am typically using the light-style armour, and have not done any looking for Damage Mitigation for the Elf. So I am by no means an expert on this topic, but...

IMO, DM is not an elf's forte. Her main defensive capablilites revolve around reflecting (fireskin and iceskin buffs), blocking (fireskin, Expulse Magic, and shield lore) and HP-regeneration (Grand Invigoration, Constitution mastery). Not to mention the lack of Toughness as a defensive skill, and no shoulder-pad armour (another armour that can have DM) I think that you would be hard-pressed to get anywhere near 30% mitigation.... at very high-level.

Again, I am not an expert with the elf, but the few I've played have not used any mitigation except for using the Glacial Defender shield once in a while (mostly for +combat art range ;)

I've not really played a lot of hours on the elf. When I do, I am typically using the light-style armour, and have not done any looking for Damage Mitigation for the Elf. So I am by no means an expert on this topic, but...

IMO, DM is not an elf's forte. Her main defensive capablilites revolve around reflecting (fireskin and iceskin buffs), blocking (fireskin, Expulse Magic, and shield lore) and HP-regeneration (Grand Invigoration, Constitution mastery). Not to mention the lack of Toughness as a defensive skill, and no shoulder-pad armour (another armour that can have DM) I think that you would be hard-pressed to get anywhere near 30% mitigation.... at very high-level.

Again, I am not an expert with the elf, but the few I've played have not used any mitigation except for using the Glacial Defender shield once in a while (mostly for +combat art range ;)

Thank you for your valuable insights once again. I totally agree with you on the HE's limited defensive options as compared to the other characters, which makes her a challenging character to play. I'm actually inspired by Dobri's guide on how to become a demi-god through DM armory/items, which is why I've been looking for a torso armor with stacked DM (at least 20+% DM). With such an armor, I can combine it with a high level Glacial Defender and the Tanits Collar accessories to obtain at least 30% all-channel DM. The HE defensive capabilities have thus far been reliant on chances (to evade, block, reflect, etc) which is why, on couple of occasions, the Nameless Guardians were able to 1-2 hit KO my level 125 HE even with extremely high % of evasion, block and reflect (with high constitution and stacked Expulse Magic as well). Maybe it's my pursuit of a near-immortal HE or my play style, but my original intention was to make it difficult for enemies to hit me (with high chances to evade, block and reflect), and even if I get hit, damage dealt is manageable so that HP regen + difficulty in hitting me again, makes me in a sense unkill-able. I have thought of increasing my armor thru Valaria's garment, Stalworth safeguard, Artamak's Star and Blacksmith arts, but my understanding of damage vs armor discussion on the forum (chattius's write-up I think) is that at least 7-8 times of armor is required to receive less than stated damage on enemy tooltip in Niob difficulty. This makes increasing DM way superior to armor during late game. But, like you said, it seems HE would have difficulty achieving even 30% DM, unless such an armor as I have mentioned appears :4rofl:

Thank you for your valuable insights once again. I totally agree with you on the HE's limited defensive options as compared to the other characters, which makes her a challenging character to play. I'm actually inspired by Dobri's guide on how to become a demi-god through DM armory/items, which is why I've been looking for a torso armor with stacked DM (at least 20+% DM). With such an armor, I can combine it with a high level Glacial Defender and the Tanits Collar accessories to obtain at least 30% all-channel DM. The HE defensive capabilities have thus far been reliant on chances (to evade, block, reflect, etc) which is why, on couple of occasions, the Nameless Guardians were able to 1-2 hit KO my level 125 HE even with extremely high % of evasion, block and reflect (with high constitution and stacked Expulse Magic as well). Maybe it's my pursuit of a near-immortal HE or my play style, but my original intention was to make it difficult for enemies to hit me (with high chances to evade, block and reflect), and even if I get hit, damage dealt is manageable so that HP regen + difficulty in hitting me again, makes me in a sense unkill-able. I have thought of increasing my armor thru Valaria's garment, Stalworth safeguard, Artamak's Star and Blacksmith arts, but my understanding of damage vs armor discussion on the forum (chattius's write-up I think) is that at least 7-8 times of armor is required to receive less than stated damage on enemy tooltip in Niob difficulty. This makes increasing DM way superior to armor during late game. But, like you said, it seems HE would have difficulty achieving even 30% DM, unless such an armor as I have mentioned appears :4rofl:

Alrighty, sounds like you know what you're doing, and I haven't really played in Niobium with the elf enough to give advice on how to make your toon survive against the NG's better. Mostly all I remember is getting fireskin level as high as possible (for cc reflect) and a rare shield with block chance: close combat (which unlocks/scales with shield lore), and pray that the big-hitters don't roll 2 hits in a row.... even with constitution mastery and all stat points put into vitality, the elf doesn't have the biggest HP-pool either. After that, offence is my next line of defence ;)

Edited by essjayehm

Alrighty, sounds like you know what you're doing, and I haven't really played in Niobium with the elf enough to give advice on how to make your toon survive against the NG's better. Mostly all I remember is getting fireskin level as high as possible (for cc reflect) and a rare shield with block chance: close combat (which unlocks/scales with shield lore), and pray that the big-hitters don't roll 2 hits in a row.... even with constitution mastery and all stat points put into vitality, the elf doesn't have the biggest HP-pool either. After that, offence is my next line of defence ;)

Yeah that's true, which is why my current build has focused more on modding for damage. Having said that, my previous HE build has the Stun mod as her primary line of defense against the NGs. The Stun effect, together with the shield that you have mentioned, stacked EM, 'weakened' status, high evade/reflect, and approx. 15% of DM, made the NGs look silly ;)

Just wanted to share my recent experience in shopping for a armor with DM for the HE. Like you mentioned, the heavy armors do apppear less frequent than the light ones, but not rarely. There were a few occasions 3-4 heavy armors appeared in the shop but none of them has DM mods. I'm beginning to think such armors (esp those with stacked DM) are a rarity for HE almost like the legendaries, only there is an extremely slim chance of buying it at the shop. I'm currently building a HE with EP to see if I could better obtain them from farming NGs instead :D