Question regarding Life Leeched !

Can someone explain it to me please ?

For Example I'm playing with a dual wielder seraphim and I'm fighting against a monster that has 1000 Health Points.

If I go with : "Life Leeched per hit +X" , each time I attack I inflict additional X damage to him on top to the damage of my weapon, and that X damage is converted to health points and are given to me.

If I go with "Life Leeched per hit +X%" , each time I attack him, besides the normal damage of my weapon ... how much damage I inflict to him ? Percentage of him current health ? or his maximum health points ?

I will try to give an example : The monster has 1000 HP, no armor no resists and I do 100 damage with normal attack.

If I have on my weapons "Life Leeched per hit +3%" how I will inflict damage on him ?

CASE ONE :

hit 1 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(current health) = 100 + 30 = 130 damage -> health left = 870

hit 2 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(current health) = 100 + 26 = 126 damage -> health left = 744

hit 3 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(current health) = 100 + 22 = 122 damage -> health left = 622

CASE TWO :

hit 1 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(maximum health) = 100 + 30 = 130 damage -> health left = 870

hit 2 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(maximum health) = 100 + 30 = 130 damage -> health left = 740

hit 3 : 100 weapon damage + 3%(maximum health) = 100 + 30 = 130 damage -> health left = 610

In this case if I manage to get a total of 10% Life Leech... I kill anything in 10 hits ?! even the big bosses ?1

It is quite confusing to me because I only played Flaring Nova Seraphim and Pyro/Icy High Elf and now I wanna try a melee build, I choose Seraphim because I like how she looks in armor :D and she can have Bargaining :P

I play at home with some changes to the game.(increased monster density and I replace all the frogs,crows,deers,rabits with wolves :D for an extra mob to punch :)and I changed the procentual bonuses you receive from forging slots Bronze +10%, Silver +30% and Gold +50% to help the toon face the chalanges).

Some of you will say it is too much those bonuses, well tell that to my Ice Elf who didn't survive 5 seconds in Elven Island vs ~15-20 small Withe Orbs that shoots lighting bolts, or to my Nova Seraphim who reached the last island and meet those Demons in the caverns, more than 10 of them jump on her and hit her so hard with those critical damage that she didn't had time to cast Flaring Nova, and I really don't have any idea how they bring down my energy shield so fast :|

Edited by infinity_at_end
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The percentage of life leeched is based on the total health of the enemy. This is what makes this modifier so great against bosses after a certain point of the game :) The damage inflicted remains separate from your weapon damage - you'll see orange numbers from the life leech and yellow from the normal damage.

Life Leech +XXX is best used against normal monsters up until niobium. They simply don't have that much HP to make the +% leeched a meaningful contribution.

They simply don't have that much HP to make the +% leeched a meaningful contribution.

That's a clear, well-worded distinction tween the two. I'll add that to the wiki if you don't mind Dobri? It actually gives a reason for when the additive is more useful than the percentage and why.

:bounce:

gogo

than I must make 2 pairs of swords, one with life leech +XX for mobs... and one pair with life leech +XX% for "big mobs" :)

Also,from what char/bargaining level are these stats appear on rings and amulets in shops, I always hunt +All Skills rings and amulets ?! And how big can these stats appear on them ? 1% ? 3% ? 5% ?!

I have another question in regards to LL. Is LL only triggered by weapon attacks or also spells? I recall my Sacred 1 seraphim who was a magic seraphim with Melee support. While she wielded dual swords, her main source of damage was RBOL and Celestial Light, both giving me a steady LL. While playing Sacred 2 I have the feeling that Radiant Pillar (CL revisited) isn't giving me any LL, but I could be wrong (since I'm only in Bronze, so damage is pretty low (146 I think) and my LL isn't that high either (around +15 or so, but not percentage based, so the damage of my RP should be irrelevant).

Only melee and ranged attacks. It's too bad because I really enjoyed the creativity it allowed in original Sacred. Yeah having it come from Celestial Light and RBOL was fantastic.

:)

gogo

Only melee and ranged attacks. It's too bad because I really enjoyed the creativity it allowed in original Sacred. Yeah having it come from Celestial Light and RBOL was fantastic.

gogo

It also works on weapon based CAs - such as Pelting Strikes, Soul Hammer and the BeeEffGee - provided the LL is socketed in the armor.

than I must make 2 pairs of swords, one with life leech +XX for mobs... and one pair with life leech +XX% for "big mobs" :)

Also,from what char/bargaining level are these stats appear on rings and amulets in shops, I always hunt +All Skills rings and amulets ?! And how big can these stats appear on them ? 1% ? 3% ? 5% ?!

LL% can be a game-changer The fixed-point LL is not as big of deal.

Good to know Wolfie. Is this tested info, from Wiki?

Yes Gogo, any weapon-based attack will trigger life leech.

The percentage of life leeched is based on the total health of the enemy.

As an addendum to that, it's based on the max HP after any total HP reduction mods have been applied. So if you proc Weaken on a monster subsequent % LL attacks will do less leech than if you hit them prior to Weaken (since Weaken reduces their Vitality which reduces their max HP).

LL was removed from being able to be procced by spells during the beta, as it made Area of Effect spells (like Radiant Pillar & Firey Ember) too powerful.

Yes Gogo, any weapon-based attack will trigger life leech.

lol

I said that in my post too though. I'm just trying to understand why Wolfie is discerning tween the Combat Arts he posted and my mention of that only melee, ranged will trigger this.

Are those particular Combat Arts different from the other melee ranged attacks I mentioned in my previous post?

gogo

%LL is great against bosses well before niob. Probably gold unless your build does so much damage that it is moot.

It works off base hitpoint I believe:) Doesn't it? Not current.

As an addendum to that, it's based on the max HP after any total HP reduction mods have been applied. So if you proc Weaken on a monster subsequent % LL attacks will do less leech than if you hit them prior to Weaken (since Weaken reduces their Vitality which reduces their max HP).

LL was removed from being able to be procced by spells during the beta, as it made Area of Effect spells (like Radiant Pillar & Firey Ember) too powerful.

Llama can you put that into the wiki page if it's not in yet? http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Leech_life_from_opponents

If you're short on time, just an addendum is good, I can fit it into the text already there in a bit.

gogo

...and the damage of %LL is based on the max HP of the enemy when you are on a solo server. The increase of HP with more players has no effect to the damage of the %LL. I'm not sure if that was already said. :blush:

gogo

I think they did the right thing taking that out in Sacred 2, even though it makes pure casters very challenging to play.

My Sacred 1 battle mages got way, way too strong, way too fast. With every individual ice shard or every individual gust of wind within a single cast all doing life leech, the game was too easy by late silver, and never challenging again.

I used to walk around killing everything in sight on the map with one right click, and a couple of dozen orange streaks of light from all directions every second would heal all damage.

It was fun at first, but soon rather boring.

The only items that spawn with %LL are 2hand swords, axes and polearms. No jewellery otherwise it would be completely imbalanced. You can get fixed (+xx LL) on jewellery though.

Shuriken and throwing knives can also have %LL, as my two throwing weapon characters are using them. I think it also works with some less obvious weapon based CAs, such as the seraphim's Archangel's Wrath. The mod on the Dryad's Ravaged Impact to cause area damage is particularly fun, as you can drain whole hosts of monsters all at once. As mentioned above, %LL isn't so useful on normal monsters, but I find even champions can give a good return. I'm levelling in Nor Plat at the monent, and the champion Orc Champions can hit hard, but even having 1.0% LL is returning both my ranged characters to full hit points quite frequently. Mind you, they are only in gold at level 54/56.

...and the damage of %LL is based on the max HP of the enemy when you are on a solo server. The increase of HP with more players has no effect to the damage of the %LL. I'm not sure if that was already said. :blush:

Very good info, and it wasn't in the Wiki page yet Slevin. I've just added it to the page. Thank you!

gogo

gogo

Not from the wiki... But it's something I have used quite a bit on most of my characters.. My TG uses Dedicated Blow - and there's certainly +LL there when I put the smackdown on a bad guy. RpH as well. I see the orange and light blue streamers all of the time.

The only items that spawn with %LL are 2hand swords, axes and polearms. No jewellery otherwise it would be completely imbalanced. You can get fixed (+xx LL) on jewellery though.

are you saying that on rings and amulets I can only find Life Leech +XX ?! No chances to find rings and amulets with Life Leech +XX% ?!

The only items that spawn with %LL are 2hand swords, axes and polearms. No jewelery otherwise it would be completely imbalanced. You can get fixed (+xx LL) on jewelery though.

are you saying that on rings and amulets I can only find Life Leech +XX ?! No chances to find rings and amulets with Life Leech +XX% ?!

That's correct. You can only find the %LL on armor (as in complete sets) and weapons (such as Kaldur's Legacy)... And yes, it does stack. So if you have a complete set of armor with say, 1.2% and, say, a Kaldur's Legacy with 1.2%, you get 2.4% LL total.

Oh... And the amount of %LL varies depending on the item's level - the higher the level, the higher the %LL.

Check the Wiki for details as to which complete sets give LL% for your character...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Llama can you put that into the wiki page if it's not in yet? http://www.sacredwik..._from_opponents

If you're short on time, just an addendum is good, I can fit it into the text already there in a bit.

gogo

I just caught your edit on the Wiki, thank you!

gogo

Not from the wiki... But it's something I have used quite a bit on most of my characters.. My TG uses Dedicated Blow - and there's certainly +LL there when I put the smackdown on a bad guy. RpH as well. I see the orange and light blue streamers all of the time.

This is interesting. Are you sure it's coming from that particular CA? There are a number of different Combat Arts in the additive section of the leech page on Wiki... and some Combat Arts are listed there... but I saw Jolt listed not Dedicated Blow... you are saying Dedicated Blow or some combination with it is giving you leech?

Any way of trouble shooting this?

gogo

gogo

I think they did the right thing taking that out in Sacred 2, even though it makes pure casters very challenging to play.

My Sacred 1 battle mages got way, way too strong, way too fast. With every individual ice shard or every individual gust of wind within a single cast all doing life leech, the game was too easy by late silver, and never challenging again.

I used to walk around killing everything in sight on the map with one right click, and a couple of dozen orange streaks of light from all directions every second would heal all damage.

It was fun at first, but soon rather boring.

Agreed.

Had one of these myself. Bored myself to tears after it was built. Retired him after a week of grinding; no challenge.

Even back to old paper D&D, games have to limit casters to keep them from domination. I had a wizard in the very early eighties thirteenth level with 19 hit points, who was damaged by light breezes :)

Even though I love melee guys big, Area of Effect and DPS to crowds is IMO its own reward.

"Even though I love melee guys big, Area of Effect and DPS to crowds is IMO its own reward. "

A full Detheya Dryad with staff lore and playing Ice and Blood is boring too... :(