Question regarding Life Leeched !

The percentage of life leeched is based on the total health of the enemy.

As an addendum to that, it's based on the max HP after any total HP reduction mods have been applied. So if you proc Weaken on a monster subsequent % LL attacks will do less leech than if you hit them prior to Weaken (since Weaken reduces their Vitality which reduces their max HP).

LL was removed from being able to be procced by spells during the beta, as it made Area of Effect spells (like Radiant Pillar & Firey Ember) too powerful.

Llama can you put that into the wiki page if it's not in yet? http://www.sacredwik..._from_opponents

If you're short on time, just an addendum is good, I can fit it into the text already there in a bit.

:)

gogo

I just caught your edit on the Wiki, thank you!

Good to know Wolfie. Is this tested info, from Wiki?

gogo

Not from the wiki... But it's something I have used quite a bit on most of my characters.. My TG uses Dedicated Blow - and there's certainly +LL there when I put the smackdown on a bad guy. RpH as well. I see the orange and light blue streamers all of the time.

This is interesting. Are you sure it's coming from that particular CA? There are a number of different Combat Arts in the additive section of the leech page on Wiki... and some Combat Arts are listed there... but I saw Jolt listed not Dedicated Blow... you are saying Dedicated Blow or some combination with it is giving you leech?

Any way of trouble shooting this?

gogo

I think he means that a LL bonus (from a weapon or set) applies when using that CA.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting. Are you sure it's coming from that particular CA? There are a number of different Combat Arts in the additive section of the leech page on Wiki... and some Combat Arts are listed there... but I saw Jolt listed not Dedicated Blow... you are saying Dedicated Blow or some combination with it is giving you leech?

gogo

I think he means that a LL bonus (from a weapon or set) applies when using that CA.

Yeah, I think you're confusing Combat Arts which get +LL through mods and simply weapon based skills which work with the fixed LL mod on your gear.

"Even though I love melee guys big, Area of Effect and DPS to crowds is IMO its own reward. "

A full Detheya Dryad with staff lore and playing Ice and Blood is boring too... :(

I can see that. When you crush things too easy, no challenge.

I'm building a dex dryad w claws to see if it has the same problem. I dunno till I try it *shrug*

Shuriken and throwing knives can also have %LL, as my two throwing weapon characters are using them. I think it also works with some less obvious weapon based CAs, such as the seraphim's Archangel's Wrath. The mod on the Dryad's Ravaged Impact to cause area damage is particularly fun, as you can drain whole hosts of monsters all at once. As mentioned above, %LL isn't so useful on normal monsters, but I find even champions can give a good return. I'm levelling in Nor Plat at the monent, and the champion Orc Champions can hit hard, but even having 1.0% LL is returning both my ranged characters to full hit points quite frequently. Mind you, they are only in gold at level 54/56.

I heard rumors about claws having them in the community patch, but no one can confirm yes or no.

I am sure about the throwing potions from the patch having em, cause I bought one yesterday. If that's supposed to be an anomoly or something I'll post a pic. Silver, level 38, +0.9.

I've yet to try the build that uses them (soo many, too little time), but I'm assuming small area of effect?

gogo

Yes.. I'm positive. The reason I know this happens - is because I have Dryad leech runes (VD runes - tho any Cabalistic Voodoo rune would do, ditto for Inquisitor Nefarious Netherworld runes) and some RpH jewelry forged into my regular armor. It's not "natural" LL that comes as standard issue... It's been forged into it.

Similarly, if my TG was wearing the Combat Modules set - there's a %LL bonus for having a complete set. That also gets transferred to whatever weapon I happen to be choosing. No combos involved..

Sometimes it pays to think outside the box. :D

Edited by wolfie2kX

gogo

Yes.. I'm positive. The reason I know this happens - is because I have Dryad leech runes (VD runes - tho any Cabalistic Voodoo rune would do, ditto for Inquisitor Nefarious Netherworld runes) and some RpH jewelry forged into my regular armor. It's not "natural" LL that comes as standard issue... It's been forged into it.

Similarly, if my TG was wearing the Combat Modules set - there's a %LL bonus for having a complete set. That also gets transferred to whatever weapon I happen to be choosing. No combos involved..

Well, my belief is there is no box.

Then you don't hafta worry about thinking outside of it. :thumbsup:

How many of the Combat Arts do this?

Can we get a list?

Valuable information, for sure.

Ah, okay this explains it then. If you're using runes, you're getting the additive per rune ..and then if you are using a life leech armor set and getting bonus from it that will also stack? Interesting... I don't think I've ever thought having both leeches working on the same build...they really do stack? That's nice then ^^

Jk, if you're looking for ways to use either of the two leeches you can see how leech is used in the game just by getting it from the pages in Wiki

Percentage Leech ( more powerful over all particularly against bosses)

Additive Leech (Less powerful in late games, perhaps more useful in early game)

Each of those pages has detailed lists of Combat Arts, weapons, weapon types and armor sets that can have the item modifiers.

gogo

Ah, okay this explains it then. If you're using runes, you're getting the additive per rune ..and then if you are using a life leech armor set and getting bonus from it that will also stack? Interesting... I don't think I've ever thought having both leeches working on the same build...they really do stack? That's nice then ^^

gogo

Ya know... I'm not 100% positive one way or the other. It's difficult to tell - It's hard to tell when most everything drops dead after the first hit. In other words - I'm not sure how much damage done is done by the weapon and how much "Additional Damage" is done by LL. It'd be nice if I had something that would take at least 2 - 3 hits. When I'm fighting bosses - I'm generally too busy trying to stay alive to check the Additional Damage.

To be honest - I never did check it one way or the other. It'll be something to do once my box is back up and running.

If I remember correct fixed life leech was added to x%life leech damage:

Doing a melee elf with x% life leech polearm and having magic coup modified for fixed life leech. Normal attacks were showing less life leech damage.

Ah, okay this explains it then. If you're using runes, you're getting the additive per rune ..and then if you are using a life leech armor set and getting bonus from it that will also stack?

Yes, they stack.

I heard rumors about claws having them in the community patch, but no one can confirm yes or no.

I am sure about the throwing potions from the patch having em, cause I bought one yesterday. If that's supposed to be an anomoly or something I'll post a pic. Silver, level 38, +0.9.

I've yet to try the build that uses them (soo many, too little time), but I'm assuming small area of effect?

YES ! there are claws in the game, as well as gauntlets and other sweet "fist weapons" and some of them benefit from Sword Mastery and others from Hafted, claws are labeled as Swords.

The only problem is, what I noticed, I equip one claw to my Elf and quit the game to see how she looks in the game menu :D , I was totally ....... off , I really don't like the way she hold that claw for 2 big reasons :

1) the claw blades are too short, even her fingers kept strait are longer that those blades.

2) the way she hold that weapons makes her look retarded, from the first view you could say she has her arm broken or something :|

Besides those 2 reasons, CM is AWESOME !!

...Jk, if you're looking for ways to use either of the two leeches you can see how leech is used in the game just by getting it from the pages in Wiki

Percentage Leech ( more powerful over all particularly against bosses)

Additive Leech (Less powerful in late games, perhaps more useful in early game)

Each of those pages has detailed lists of Combat Arts, weapons, weapon types and armor sets that can have the item modifiers.

gogo

Sure is.

Reviewed the information, and studied it pretty hard since opening up a claw build.

As the wolf dude says, there is some that isn't on there.

I realize Spears is a Guardian CA, which is a weapon based category, but it sure isn't 'weapon based' at all.

My question is if there are other Combat Arts that need to be added

Additionally, I know us Sacred One fans know a whole lot about socketing runes, esp when putting lotsa Niobium runes into a multislot armor piece or weapon/shield, and also have seen it in guides, fully explained.

The wiki doesn't have a writeup tied to the page though.

I am not as good it as others; perhaps an expert could tie an article to the page :cool:

YES ! there are claws in the game, as well as gauntlets and other sweet "fist weapons" and some of them benefit from Sword Mastery and others from Hafted, claws are labeled as Swords.

The only problem is, what I noticed, I equip one claw to my Elf and quit the game to see how she looks in the game menu :D , I was totally ....... off , I really don't like the way she hold that claw for 2 big reasons :

1) the claw blades are too short, even her fingers kept strait are longer that those blades.

2) the way she hold that weapons makes her look retarded, from the first view you could say she has her arm broken or something :|

Besides those 2 reasons, CM is AWESOME !

Depends on the character. Dryad, yeah. Shadow Warrior, looks pretty cool to me, depending on the weapon.

Gotta SW with a strength dual that is hitting dang fast at 72 platinum, but killing speed now is a lil slow, so I'm building a bargainer to support him before pushing him to Niobium

I like my dex builds better. Defense and offense at the same time. I really liked the dex/fire Glad boxer from Sacred One, so I guess I'm just trying to recreate him best as possible ;)

CM patch? Oh man, yeah. Weapons are much more beautiful, much more versatile, OMG a billion improvements.

Big kudos to you fellers that worked on it :thumbsup::heart:

I realize Spears is a Guardian CA, which is a weapon based category, but it sure isn't 'weapon based' at all.

Yup, Deathly Spears is causesSpellDamage = 1 in Spells.txt, so it's not weapon-based, but it will take it's damage bonus from Tactics Lore.

Deathly Spears & Archangel's Wrath are two CAs that are in "opposing" aspects. DS is a non-weapon-based CA in a "weapon-based" aspect (Battle Extension & Dedicated Blow take their base damage from the equipped weapon & are causesSpellDamage = 0), AW is a weapon-based CA in a "spell" aspect (none of the other Rev Tech CAs use weapon damage for their damage & are causesSpellDamage = 1).

Yup, Deathly Spears is causesSpellDamage = 1 in Spells.txt, so it's not weapon-based, but it will take it's damage bonus from Tactics Lore.

Deathly Spears & Archangel's Wrath are two CAs that are in "opposing" aspects. DS is a non-weapon-based CA in a "weapon-based" aspect (Battle Extension & Dedicated Blow take their base damage from the equipped weapon & are causesSpellDamage = 0), AW is a weapon-based CA in a "spell" aspect (none of the other Rev Tech CAs use weapon damage for their damage & are causesSpellDamage = 1).

Cool. Then both of those although they are 'spells' will leech then.

That's valuable info Llama.

Heh... actually that's a no for Deathly Spears wrt LL. Even on console (where both spells and melee/ranged all proc LL) DS does not proc leech.

Archangels' wrath does proc LL on a hit. Definitley for console, and I'm "pretty sure" for Ice and Blood/CM patch.

No, DS is a spell (doesn't proc LL from items, inc set bonuses) in a weapon-based aspect, Archangel's Wrath is a weapon-based CA (does proc LL from items, inc set bonuses) in a spell aspect.

Spells can only proc LL (both fixed & %) if they have the relevant token (can't remember the %% LL token off the top of my head) in Spells.txt.

No, DS is a spell (doesn't proc LL from items, inc set bonuses) in a weapon-based aspect, Archangel's Wrath is a weapon-based CA (does proc LL from items, inc set bonuses) in a spell aspect.

Spells can only proc LL (both fixed & %) if they have the relevant token (can't remember the %% LL token off the top of my head) in Spells.txt.

Alrighty then.

I got it now.

Also, far as I am aware, once there is that fixed number, say 2.0 %, this modifier is always independent of any other modifiers, meaning it is not affected or effected by any other modifiers. Like you said, they stack with other leech, like from fixed numbers or from a CA (like demonic blow), but doesn't add to the percentage.

For demonic blow (or any other splash damage), it also applies the percentage as well, correct?

For instance if I run a demonic blow vehemence mod, and it goes half damage, the fixed number is 2.0, so the other opponents get hit with a 1.0, correct?

And also, if I'm running a pole arm that hits other opponents, when it hits it also gets the 2.0 as well. Is this correct?

Also, far as I am aware, once there is that fixed number, say 2.0 %, this modifier is always independent of any other modifiers, meaning it is not affected or effected by any other modifiers. Like you said, they stack with other leech, like from fixed numbers or from a CA (like demonic blow), but doesn't add to the percentage.

Correct, nothing boosts the amount of leech you get other than adding more leech. Leech isn't affected by any mods (such as +% damage), you either get it or you don't & it's always for the amount that it says it is (either +x or +x% of the single-player-max-HP-after-Weaken ;)).

For demonic blow (or any other splash damage), it also applies the percentage as well, correct?

For instance if I run a demonic blow vehemence mod, and it goes half damage, the fixed number is 2.0, so the other opponents get hit with a 1.0, correct?

Any of the mods that are dependant on hitting a monster (eg, stun, knockback, leech, regen per hit) will proc on any weapon-based Area of Effect that you get as long as you "succeed" on both the % chance for Area of Effect (if your attack has a % chance for Area of Effect, if it's guaranteed, then you won't need to worry about this) & the % chance for the mod to proc (LL & RpH are 100% chance, stun & knockback usually have a % chance).

And also, if I'm running a pole arm that hits other opponents, when it hits it also gets the 2.0 as well. Is this correct?

Yup. Any time your weapon hits something, it procs leech (& RpH), regardless of how that hit came about (CA or normal left click, which includes chance to hit multiple opponents from skills or item mods).

Are you guys positive about what can spawn %LL mods?

I know the wiki stuff, and I watching this discussion of course, but it looks as if lots of other stuff can spawn it too.

My dual wield claw shadow warrior is moving through the swamps at Plat 77, and I just picked up a Great Hammer with 2.0% LL on it.

He has no enhanced perception or anything, and it's in my war chest right now.

I've seen throwing potions with em too, more than one.

Is this different with the CM patch or something?

I was looking for any %LL I could find on anything at all in the shops with 2.4 with a niobium bargainer, and never saw one of them.

Can somebody explain? :unsure:

Two-handed swords, two-handed axes/hammers, polearms, and shuriken all could spawn with LL% in Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood versions.

With the CM patch, you can find LL% on throwing potions and fist weapons, as well as the aforementioned weapons.

I was looking for any %LL I could find on anything at all in the shops with 2.4 with a niobium bargainer, and never saw one of them.

I assume 2.4 means you are playing Fallen Angel (ie without Ice/Blood or CM Patch)... so you should have seen at least a sword, polearm or shuriken (2H hammers are hard to find in shops with non-SW's).

Edited by essjayehm

Two-handed swords, two-handed axes/hammers, polearms, and shuriken all could spawn with LL% in Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood versions.

With the CM patch, you can find LL% on throwing potions and fist weapons, as well as the aforementioned weapons.

I assume 2.4 means you are playing Fallen Angel (ie without Ice/Blood or CM Patch)... so you should have seen at least a sword, polearm or shuriken (2H hammers are hard to find in shops with non-SW's).

Correct with the version, saw lotsa the other'ns a lot; okay then.

Ain't seen a duster or claw yet, but my shopper ain't outta silver yet with the patch.

Didn't know about the 2h Hammers though; never seen one before. Didn't member it mentioned in the thread.

Thanx for clearing it up

"2H hammers are hard to find in shops with non-SW's"

And I think LL% 2H hammers are impossible for shadow warriors to find in shops, as they don't have bargaining. As LL% is a gold modifier, I don't think itn appears in shops without bargaining? (Or at least I can't think of seeing it, though most of my characters are bargainers).

"2H hammers are hard to find in shops with non-SW's"

And I think LL% 2H hammers are impossible for shadow warriors to find in shops, as they don't have bargaining. As LL% is a gold modifier, I don't think itn appears in shops without bargaining? (Or at least I can't think of seeing it, though most of my characters are bargainers).

I don't think they are available in shops.

I had niobium shoppers in 2.4 running three hour runs to pick up stuff and I never saw one.

Maybe the luck of the draw? I dunno. I'm just glad I found one. I have a thematic build I used in 2.4 for my smith for Shadow Warrior. Got him to Plat. The one I picked up is level 88, so that oughta get him into Niobium in Ice and Blood :)