Sacred 2 GUI

Does anyone know how the GUI is put together? I know that some games have the UI elements specified in editable xml (& the like) files, but I've no idea about Sacred 2.

I'd say someone in the cm team will know something, they've removed the closed net button in the main menu. And someone else not too long ago was playing around with it too. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Edit: Well, this is the thread, its probably not very helpful, but I guess if you are any good with xml you may be able to change stuff if you find the correct file to edit.

Edit 2: The xml files are in skin-xml.zip inside the PAK folder.

Sacred 2 uses .xml

http://forum.sacred2.de/showthread.php?t=62800

At end of post are 2 downloads for customized healthbars.

This mod changed the look of the health bar. While I recovered from hand surgery I had the health bar set into some ugly pink and I used autoit to scan if a certain point on screen was still pink, if not space key was triggered.

Well the XML files are all useless. They only do the windows/tooltips, all of the data that's displayed in them is hardcoded (either in the exe or one of the DLLs).

:(

I'm trying to change some of the CA tooltips so that they display appropriate information for some altered CAs (eg, where the original CA had a duration, but my revised CA has a range). While I can change the text in the tooltips, I can't change the data that's getting pulled through (without presumably editing the exe or the DLLs, same goes for spellClass TBH).

I'm trying to change some of the CA tooltips so that they display appropriate information for some altered CAs (eg, where the original CA had a duration, but my revised CA has a range). While I can change the text in the tooltips, I can't change the data that's getting pulled through (without presumably editing the exe or the DLLs, same goes for spellClass TBH).

So none of that text is in global.res then? Thats a bit of a bummer seeing thats been figured out.

The text is in Global.res, but just the text. For example:

tenergyshroud.jpg

"Raises a force field that partially absorbs incoming damage while enough energy remains to sustain the shield." is in Global.res, as is "Damage", "Regeneration time of all Combat Arts", "Damage Absorption" & "Ward Efficiency" (& all of the CA mod text), but Global.res doesn't say anything about what figures it's pulling through on the right (ie, the damage, regen penalty, damage absorption figure & ward efficiency figure), so you could replace all of the text with garbage, or exerpts from Shakespear & it'd still display the same figures on the right.

Somewhere in the exe or the DLLs, there's a piece of code/instructions that tells Sacred 2 what to display when you hover over the T-energy Shroud icon, it'll tell Sacred 2 to pickup specific lines from Global.res & it'll tell Sacred 2 to pick up specific calculations from base CA stats (eg, the damage, shield energy & ward efficiency) as modified by other skills & item mods.

All Global.res has is all of the text in-game & nothing else. No references to where that text is used (though some of it is fairly obvious), no reference to anything around the text (ie, the calculation for the damage, or shield energy, or CA regen/regen penalty). That's what's been doing my nut for the past few days. :(

Hmm....it appears that the game is smart enough to know if you remove some of the tokens though. I don't have any specific examples in mind but I think that I was playing with the SW's rousing command and by replacing its tokens it removed all the text for the effects it initially provided, due I guess to whatever function that you are looking for...

I'll reply in your .dll/exe thread about that too.

Yeah, if you monkey about with Spells.txt & change a CA such that there aren't any of the specific entites (eg, duration) that it's looking to display, it'll remove those lines, but it won't always do it. I removed the mutation token from Primal Mutation & the tooltip was still displaying the "chance to mutate 5%" line...