Quest guy following me...

Never seen this one, and I've seen lotsa random features...

Lt Rinah of the 'Conflict over a corpse' quest is doing something weird.

Niobium diff, mashed the guys in the actual quest above.

Says 'speak with lieutenant for another quest' at the end, as per usual.

Question mark came up. Tried to click on him, non-responsive.

Alrighty, so moved on to the next quest...

And after about a hundred game steps, the sprite reappeared in front of me. Doesn't move, other than the 'dithering' stuff (ya know, looking to the left, to the right)

Now, everywhere I go, I got Lt Rinah, with his question mark, following me. Sometimes he spawns up in the air (usually as if standing on an invisible platform the height of my sprite's head).

Logged out, played another character, came back, there he was.

Turned game off, puter off, came back 24 hours later, still there.

Tried to 'trip' the script where the actual next part of the 'Inquisitor' Chain goes (Inquisitor Monwarion) but trigger doesn't go.

Quest shows checked in the logbook.

Just downloaded the 1.20 community patch last night, but bug was there prior to download (1.10)

About once every ten times I've had Zanwan show up (from the runemaster tutorial) or have additive guards from a finished quest show up, but not this'n. Y'all seen it? Or better yet, how to lose him?

Is there something in the server command lines to debug it, or flush the unfinished quests out (like fixme or something) to try out?

---

Also tried doing another quest to see if it'll trip it. No dice.

Edited by JKtheWonderguy
  • 4 months later...

Never seen this one, and I've seen lotsa random features...

Lt Rinah of the 'Conflict over a corpse' quest is doing something weird.

Niobium diff, mashed the guys in the actual quest above.

Says 'speak with lieutenant for another quest' at the end, as per usual.

Question mark came up. Tried to click on him, non-responsive.

Alrighty, so moved on to the next quest...

And after about a hundred game steps, the sprite reappeared in front of me. Doesn't move, other than the 'dithering' stuff (ya know, looking to the left, to the right)

Now, everywhere I go, I got Lt Rinah, with his question mark, following me. Sometimes he spawns up in the air (usually as if standing on an invisible platform the height of my sprite's head).

Logged out, played another character, came back, there he was.

Turned game off, puter off, came back 24 hours later, still there.

Tried to 'trip' the script where the actual next part of the 'Inquisitor' Chain goes (Inquisitor Monwarion) but trigger doesn't go.

Quest shows checked in the logbook.

Just downloaded the 1.20 community patch last night, but bug was there prior to download (1.10)

About once every ten times I've had Zanwan show up (from the runemaster tutorial) or have additive guards from a finished quest show up, but not this'n. Y'all seen it? Or better yet, how to lose him?

Is there something in the server command lines to debug it, or flush the unfinished quests out (like fixme or something) to try out?

---

Also tried doing another quest to see if it'll trip it. No dice.

I'm getting this to! Anyone know how to fix it?