Have mod, need new Combat Art icons in-game

I'm making a mod (based on the CM patch, so it'll have all of that goodness in it) & I've so far changed a number of the TG CAs, including the descriptions, but one thing that's beyond my skills is creating new icons for them to be used in-game.

I'll post a list of the CAs that need their icons replaced when I get home.

Thanks.

Okie dokie, these are the CAs that I've changed & therefore the ones that I need new icons for. I've "tweaked" some of the other CAs, but not enough to completely change their appearance/function.

Lost Fusion:

Furious Emblazer -> Napalm, an Area of Effect fir-based CA like the original Furious Emblazer, but this creates a pool of fire. Probably doesn't need a new icon.

Archimedes Beam -> Fusion Mine, the TG throws a trap on the ground that does fire damage to all in reach. This does need a new icon.

Source Warden:

Fiery Ember -> Elemental Fury, Fire/Ice damage Area of Effect like the original, probably requires a new icon.

Icy Evanesence -> Temporal Flux, a temporary party buff for run speed & chance to evade, with various buff mods.

Untouchable Force -> Summon TG, summons a TG to fight by your side (the behaviour still needs a bit of work though).

So if anyone can help by providing me with some new icons to go with the above, that'd be far better than using the original icons. :)

Edit: I'm having a final play through to make sure that the CAs are doing what I'm expecting them to, then if Gogo doesn't mind, I'll upload it here for everyone's perusal (though I've barely started on the other classes).

Wish I could be of help. but alas, my skills in art of any sorts are really limited... It's taking me forever to slab around a new sig for starters.

But, I'm really interested to give the end-product a swing, when you get something to show off. viking.gif

Well, I'm off to play tennis, and then probably should do homework after, but might work on these some more, but I whipped up an icon for the new Untouchable Force. Its a little scratchy, but here it is, both full and buff icon:

tw_en_schockpulse.pngtw_en_schockpulse_small.png

I'll upload the .tga files if you like them llama :)

Also, does this mean you worked out the issue with the game labelling the CA info? And are you after any help with modding the Combat Arts for other classes or testers or anything?

Db.. u rock man! seriously... u can ease off on the tennis pro career and maybe take up easel and paints.

Good job!

:)

gogo

Cheers gogo, I wish I was a tennis pro though, unfortunately I'm not quite at the level where I can earn money from it, its a social thing that gives me time away from uni for me.

Ah! Way to go DB. :D I'm fiddling around with Furious Emblazer -> Napalm. Got an idea for that one.

Thanks schot. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.

Double post...maybe...but Im just bumping this for another icon I made when I *should* have been studying. Last one for now, I swear...

Anyway, Archimedes beam => Fusion Mine. I would have liked the lightning streaks to be red, but the stupid icons follow a theme...so it isn't, although I think the whiter streaks may have turned out better anyway. But, I uploaded a couple of different red streaked ones anyway, and two white ones with and without a black central pulse.

Red 1: tw_te_archimedisstrahl_red1.png Red 2:tw_te_archimedisstrahl_red2.png

And then the white ones:

With pulse: tw_te_archimedisstrahl_white.png Without pulse: tw_te_archimedisstrahl.png

It seems...a little plain to me, but I don't know what to do, maybe a larger atom symbol in the middle?

Edit: Which doesnt quite seem right to me either...

tw_te_archimedisstrahl_largeratom.png

Edit 2: Heres some trials for Icy Evanesence -> Temporal Flux, not quite sure what I intended...but I dont think I got it...

tw_en_energienetz2.pngtw_en_energienetz1.pngtw_en_energienetz2-1.png

Also, does this mean you worked out the issue with the game labelling the CA info?

No, that's still not possible without editing the exe or the dlls (when you'd then run into issues with the copy protection...

And are you after any help with modding the Combat Arts for other classes or testers or anything?

I definitely need help with balancing &/or ideas/suggestions. ;)

I was thinking for the Elemental Fury one, maybe an icon kinda split in half with half a flame on one side & half a snow flake on the other? *shrugs*

After you guys have done the icons I'll then need to work out where to put them & zip everything up into a nice easy (for the user & myself ;)) installer.

Edit: I forgot to mention, thank you all very much, artistic stuff has always been beyond me so I'm very glad that you're all a)good at it & b)willing to help me out. :) They all look good & I'm interested to see what else you can come up with.

Also, does this mean you worked out the issue with the game labelling the CA info?

No, that's still not possible without editing the exe or the dlls (when you'd then run into issues with the copy protection...

And are you after any help with modding the Combat Arts for other classes or testers or anything?

I definitely need help with balancing &/or ideas/suggestions. ;)

I was thinking for the Elemental Fury one, maybe an icon kinda split in half with half a flame on one side & half a snow flake on the other? *shrugs*

After you guys have done the icons I'll then need to work out where to put them & zip everything up into a nice easy (for the user & myself ;)) installer.

Edit: I forgot to mention, thank you all very much, artistic stuff has always been beyond me so I'm very glad that you're all a)good at it & b)willing to help me out. :) They all look good & I'm interested to see what else you can come up with.

I'll have a fiddle with the elemental fury icon :)

Also, the icons are all located in "skin.zip\data\icons\spells"

Well, idea's are always fun, do you have any sort of rough notes you are following for each class/aspect? If you have any notes you could pm it to me and I can see if I come up with any suggestions.

Edit: sigh...not feeling it for what I came up with for elemental fury...there's too much space, so for now I'll go with it being a work in progress, and I'll leave it while I get to my homework.

tw_en_gluthitze.png

Double post...maybe...but Im just bumping this for another icon I made when I *should* have been studying. Last one for now, I swear...

Anyway, Archimedes beam => Fusion Mine. I would have liked the lightning streaks to be red, but the stupid icons follow a theme...so it isn't, although I think the whiter streaks may have turned out better anyway. But, I uploaded a couple of different red streaked ones anyway, and two white ones with and without a black central pulse.

Red 1: tw_te_archimedisstrahl_red1.png Red 2:tw_te_archimedisstrahl_red2.png

And then the white ones:

With pulse: tw_te_archimedisstrahl_white.png Without pulse: tw_te_archimedisstrahl.png

It seems...a little plain to me, but I don't know what to do, maybe a larger atom symbol in the middle?

Edit: Which doesnt quite seem right to me either...

tw_te_archimedisstrahl_largeratom.png

Edit 2: Heres some trials for Icy Evanesence -> Temporal Flux, not quite sure what I intended...but I dont think I got it...

tw_en_energienetz2.pngtw_en_energienetz1.pngtw_en_energienetz2-1.png

tw_en_gluthitze.png

DB, these are beautiful. Surely you merit a study break...specially if it's to put together work like this. As I had posted in a topic to rooster, I had always felt like there was a kind of dirth regarding fan art for this game. We have been very lucky to have had some super artists in the past few years showcasing their work in Wiki...you've now joined good company.

gogo

tw_en_gluthitze.png

I was more thinking of an invisible line down the middle of the icon with the left side being a blue backgroud & 1/2 a white flame & the right side being a white background with 1/2 a blue snowflake.

tw_en_gluthitze.png

I was more thinking of an invisible line down the middle of the icon with the left side being a blue backgroud & 1/2 a white flame & the right side being a white background with 1/2 a blue snowflake.

Yeah, I can do that, this was just a trial. I'll try get a new version up tomorrow some time..although its mothers day...gotta spend the time I'm not at work keeping her happy ;)

Yeah, I can do that, this was just a trial. I'll try get a new version up tomorrow some time..although its mothers day...gotta spend the time I'm not at work keeping her happy ;)

:) No problem mate.

Would you mind sending me the files for the other ones & I'll see if I can get them in-game.

Edit: For Mines, I've always thought of this image, maybe with a mushroom could in the background? *shrugs*

Well, I reworked the mines icon, came up with a version that has the mine picture you envisaged being present, and another which has the radiation symbol while I was working out how I could maybe put the mine in, I wasn't sure how well the glowing bits on the mine translated to green so one has them, the other doesnt. Any of these pass muster? I wonder how much easier it would be using a drawing tablet...

tw_te_archimedisstrahl1.pngtw_te_archimedisstrahl2.pngtw_te_archimedisstrahl2-1.png

PS. Will we get to see your idea schot?

PPS. Ok, here's a rejigged elemental fury, two types, a different flame in each for a bit of choice :)

tw_en_gluthitze-1.pngtw_en_gluthitze2.png

• Like! 1

Well, I reworked the mines icon, came up with a version that has the mine picture you envisaged being present, and another which has the radiation symbol while I was working out how I could maybe put the mine in, I wasn't sure how well the glowing bits on the mine translated to green so one has them, the other doesnt. Any of these pass muster? I wonder how much easier it would be using a drawing tablet...

tw_te_archimedisstrahl1.pngtw_te_archimedisstrahl2.pngtw_te_archimedisstrahl2-1.png

PS. Will we get to see your idea schot?

PPS. Ok, here's a rejigged elemental fury, two types, a different flame in each for a bit of choice :)

tw_en_gluthitze-1.pngtw_en_gluthitze2.png

Again, beautiful. This topic fascinates me. The little icons are so dense and yummy looking.

gogo

You'll have to poke schot into showing us what he can do gogo ;p

You can temporarily borrow my Electro-Cattle Prod of Doom if you like Gogo.

heheh, flee the electro cattle prod! :oooo: I'll try and prod him this way, but he's working crazy hours at work. His job is seasonal, so he only works during the summer time, but it's all during sunlight hours. I know he loves working with small icons like this, I'm sure he'll have a look again when he gets out.

gogo

His job is seasonal, so he only works during the summer time, but it's all during sunlight hours. I know he loves working with small icons like this, I'm sure he'll have a look again when he gets out.

There's at least ~6 hours where the sun's beneath the horizon & he can work on them then Gogo, why does he need to sleep?