Have mod, need new Combat Art icons in-game

Ash, were you able to get your icons to appear in-game? I added them to the skin.zip file (with Winrar since Windows keeps corrupting the zip file) as well as re-creating the folder structure (as czevak suggested), but I can't see the new icons in-game...

Ash, were you able to get your icons to appear in-game? I added them to the skin.zip file (with Winrar since Windows keeps corrupting the zip file) as well as re-creating the folder structure (as czevak suggested), but I can't see the new icons in-game...

Ok, I hadn't actually tried to put them in game, but I just tried and saw what I assume you saw, regions of nothing (or little windows I suppose is a better description)?

Anyway, I looked at the file sizes and the .tga's I sent you were smaller than the ingame ones so I tried resaving them in GIMP without the default compression it has for tgas's which resulted in the same filesize as the original icons and upon placing them into the folder directory they worked fine in game :)

I'll send you the fresh icons now.

Now I need another icon, just one this time (for the moment ;):

Elemental Magic:

Magic Barrier is now Armageddon. Armageddon rains down fiery death from the sky. This spell drops 255 meteors (the cap) over 17 seconds with a radius of ~5.7m.

Now I need another icon, just one this time (for the moment ;):

Elemental Magic:

Magic Barrier is now Armageddon. Armageddon rains down fiery death from the sky. This spell drops 255 meteors (the cap) over 17 seconds with a radius of ~5.7m.

Seriously.. 255 rocks in 17 seconds? :twitch: Er.. Um.. Isn't that just a wee bit over the top?

Cool, that'll do nicely thanks DB!

The cooldown is currently 15 seconds, though if on second thoughts the cooldown should probably be longer than the (max) duration. So if it's a 30s duration, maybe a 40s cooldown? It really depends how powerful it is against bosses, it shouldn't be able to one-shot them & I'd probably prefer the area-weighted hits per second to be comparable to Incendiary Shower. I've done a quick check & currently it's getting ~20% more hits/sec/area than IS, if they both have the hits/sec mod taken that goes up to ~27.5% more hits/sec/area, so I'd probably need to tweak the hits/sec to 13 hits/sec unmodded & 20 hits/sec modded, down from 15 hits/sec unmodded & 27.5 hits/sec modded, that would increase the duration to 19.6s unmodded & 12.75s modded. Then I could up the cooldown to 20s.

My initial view of this CA was that it would be similar to the Druid's spell of the same name in D2.

Well, if its 20s duration then perhaps 30-40s cooldown, If its 30s you only have to wait 10s after the spell ends to recast, 40s a 20s wait...Im inclined to think 40s cooldown might be better?

Well...Im thinking that if the spell lasts 17 seconds then cooldown has to be a least 17s, 30s perhaps with a 30second duration?

Heres a rough attempt at an icon... do you want?

dm_co_magischerwall.png

Gorgeous! Really nice work on the colors and fireballs all firing in.

:)

gogo

Well, if its 20s duration then perhaps 30-40s cooldown, If its 30s you only have to wait 10s after the spell ends to recast, 40s a 20s wait...Im inclined to think 40s cooldown might be better?

It'd almost certainly be better than what I've got in the files at the moment (I just hate waiting while I'm testing stuff).

It'd almost certainly be better than what I've got in the files at the moment (I just hate waiting while I'm testing stuff).

I feel you on that...I usually remove all cooldown while testing :)

Did you get the new icon?

And I need another one:

Dragon Berserk is now Dragon's Wrath. Dragon's Wrath allows you to focus the wrath of a dragon into your melee & ranged attacks, enhancing your damage and chance to hit.

It's a temp buff that adds to weapon damage & attack (amongst other things).

Eh, I'd vouch to keep it stand-alone.. Would work better that way.

Still to try out the TG-tweak, but this is really starting to intrigue me a lot. :D

And another one:

The skilled Mentalist can focus his will into a single stunning psychic hammer blow.

Stunning as in beautiful or stunning as in frozen

:P

gogo

p.s. sorry... late afternoon coffee :P