Modding animations - part 2

As a following on from this thread & Pesmontis' thread here, where he talks (briefly) about the two types of animation files:

Two main types of SMD files exist:

- the socalled SMD reference file;

- the socalled SMD sequence file.

Only the SMD reference file is important for our purposes.

An SMD sequence file holds animation data. This type of SMD file is not used in this tutorial.

An SMD reference file contains a mesh, a skeleton (with one or more bones), a 'skin', and texture information.

The sequence file interests me, I've tried to make a few CAs into buffs (Incendiary Shower, Deathly Spears & Ragin Nimbus), but the animations aren't conducive to being a buff (at best the animation plays through once & then the buff ends itself, at worst nothing happens depending on what spellcontroltype & spellClass you've chosen), so I wondered whether there was something in the sequence file that tells Sacred 2 to repeat the animation for those files that Ascaron made for the buffs.

Would anyone with the knowledge be able to poke about in the files to see if there's a flag or something that tells Sacred 2 to repeat the animation or something similar?

I had a look through the different zip files at one point for model files for the different Combat Arts and could only find a limited amount (although deathly spears was one of them) unfortunately I have no idea about what to look for inside such a file...