Browser freezing while loading the forums

Every time I try to load a page on this forum, the browser freezes for a few seconds. When happens, the status bar is usually displaying intellitxt.com address.

It's very annoying.

How long is the freeze for you trust, more than 10 seconds? Intellitext runs ads for our sites that only Guests can see, Are you seeing this freeze up when you come here as Guest or Member? We have ads turned off for our members, do you get a freeze when you're here and maybe not logged in yet?

:)

gogo

They last about 4-5 seconds.

I set the board to always log me in automatically, so I'm always logged in.

The wiki on the other hand has no such problem.

We've been working with conditional permissions for this forum, so it's a bit tricky with the skins and ads. The intellitext is supposed to load at the end of a page as it's the most resource intensive. Can you run a tracert for us? Is this something that has started occurring in last few days? Are you using Chrome? I just tested with Chrome, and I do see an hour glass for the last two seconds. With Chrome, the page will jump on fast, but there is load time at the end, at least for my browser experience. When I use Firefox, however, it loads different... all at once, but slightly longer than Chrome's initial page load. While Chrome is still finishing up loading though I am able to scroll and read.

gogo

Every time I try to load a page on this forum, the browser freezes for a few seconds. When happens, the status bar is usually displaying intellitxt.com address.

It's very annoying.

Might wanna check for a browser hijacking...

Not sure if it is related but when browsing the forum in my iPad I need to click each link about 3 times before it will load. The first click seems to highlight the link and the second tries to load but stops halfway. Pressing a third time will make the link load properly. This only happens on FDM.

The forum itself loads ok but plays up if you want to go any further.

We've been working with conditional permissions for this forum, so it's a bit tricky with the skins and ads. The intellitext is supposed to load at the end of a page as it's the most resource intensive. Can you run a tracert for us? Is this something that has started occurring in last few days? Are you using Chrome? I just tested with Chrome, and I do see an hour glass for the last two seconds. With Chrome, the page will jump on fast, but there is load time at the end, at least for my browser experience. When I use Firefox, however, it loads different... all at once, but slightly longer than Chrome's initial page load. While Chrome is still finishing up loading though I am able to scroll and read.

gogo

I send some tracert results in pm (it had lots of IP addresses). I use Firefox, and yes I only noticed it a few days ago. Guess it didn't fix itself :tomato:

Might wanna check for a browser hijacking...

Wouldn't that cause problems when I visit other websites as well? It only happens here.

Not sure if it is related but when browsing the forum in my iPad I need to click each link about 3 times before it will load. The first click seems to highlight the link and the second tries to load but stops halfway. Pressing a third time will make the link load properly. This only happens on FDM.

The forum itself loads ok but plays up if you want to go any further.

I have this as well on iPhone and iPad. It appears that first press highlights the link and second opens it, I dont need a 3rd. Its only been since the upgrade to the new IPB version, although the mobile forum works fine, one press and away!