Should I buy sacred 2 for PS3 or PC?

Hi everybody, I am new and I am here to play Sacred ;D

So I used to have sacred for xbox 360, but a series of events led me to sell the xbox 360 and buy a PS3, so now I have a PS3 but no sacred :(

Now the question is: Should I buy sacred 2 for PS3 or PC? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? I'm just wondering really xD I played the game on xbox 360 and I loved it.

I am also getting Sacred Underworld, just so I can taste the roots of the game haha, but that is slightly off topic huh

Thanks for the help and glad to be here :D

Hi everybody, I am new and I am here to play Sacred ;D

So I used to have sacred for xbox 360, but a series of events led me to sell the xbox 360 and buy a PS3, so now I have a PS3 but no sacred :(

Now the question is: Should I buy sacred 2 for PS3 or PC? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? I'm just wondering really xD I played the game on xbox 360 and I loved it.

I am also getting Sacred Underworld, just so I can taste the roots of the game haha, but that is slightly off topic huh

Thanks for the help and glad to be here :D

Welcome to Darkmatters!

Welp... I'm somewhat biased - I have the PC version and I have no consoles whatsoever. But I think I can make an argument for the PC version.

1.) Better, more controls. With a console, you're limited to the controls on your controller. On a PC, you've got the mouse buttons, wheel, click wheel button and the entire keyboard.

2.) Ice and Blood - no expansion for either console, but there is one for the PC. Need I go on?

3.) OK.. I will. Most console players who have switched from either platform to the PC version like the PC version better.

4.) The Sony PSN fiasco of recent weeks.

OK... This time I will quit while I'm ahead...

Btw.. Your best bet to get the full Sacred 2 Gold package is only a few clicks away - just follow the Sacred 2 Gold link at the top of this page. The Sacred 2 Gold package includes both Fallen Angel and the Ice and Blood expansion.

Allright, I see what you guys mean with the PC thing, since I am a somewhat experienced MMO gamer here xD

The only problem is my laptop D: I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. My PC overheats very easy, turns off quite often and the FPS... Also, playing sacred while laying down in my bed with a handy controller at hand (lol) seems like a more comfortable idea really. But I think I might just end up buying both console and PC versions, because the PC has a lot more to offer. xD

I'll just play Sacred 1 while I think about it, thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I seem to have found a slight problem now.

I've been playing sacred underworld for around an hour or so and, I can play it no problem but the game runs fairly chopped up and with FPS problems. It is still playable and I gotta say I am enjoying it, but still; I don't think my laptop will be able to run Sacred 2 D:

I think I will get it for PS3 at first, and then once I get a better setup, ill go Gold huh ;D

Thanks for all the help haha

I play on the PC, although I own both the PC and 360 versions.

Wolfie did a good job on highlighting the overall advantages of the PC version. Also, I first ran Sacred 2 on an ancient PC (Intel 486 2GHz Celeron with 128MB PCI vid card and 1GB RAM). It ran fine with minimalism on all the details and other settings, but noticeably chunked when running higher settings. Of course I've since upgraded, and everything runs silky smooth with settings maxed out.

So even if you experience chunkiness with orig Sacred, it could just be a compatibility issue with the OS you're running? If thats the case, then you could probably do as I did and run Sacred 2 with low settings until you can upgrade....

Hello and welcome!

I play on both PC and 360 and I enjoy them both. The PC version has a lot more to offer as wolfie pointed out, plus the CM patch is another bonus.

I got immersed in the Sacred world through the console version so the PC has taken some getting used to for me since I had never played a PC game before...yeah I know, I'm really really deprived..lol

Anyhow, you'll enjoy the console version but you definitely should go the PC version route when you can. I'm planning on concentrating on my PC game now since I finally managed to get all the 360 achievements...lol

:D

Hi and welcome.

PC gets my vote alllllll day long.

Consoles are great, but this game, IMHO, should be on yer computer. It's how to get the best out of this monster game.

Good luck,

Steve. :)

Allright, I see what you guys mean with the PC thing, since I am a somewhat experienced MMO gamer here xD

The only problem is my laptop D: I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. My PC overheats very easy, turns off quite often and the FPS... Also, playing sacred while laying down in my bed with a handy controller at hand (lol) seems like a more comfortable idea really. But I think I might just end up buying both console and PC versions, because the PC has a lot more to offer. xD

I'll just play Sacred 1 while I think about it, thanks for the suggestions!

Just trying to be helpful here: Ever consider cracking the case open to clean it out? Having had PCs for a number of years, I have noticed that the inside of the case seems to be quite the breeding ground for some rather humongous dust bunnies. And those critters do tend to gum up the works when it comes to air flow - and that generally means heat can't get out and/or can make fans stop spinning.