+ All combat arts glitch bug - PS3

after 400+ hours in sacred 2 I have apparently been cursed with a glitch/bug . none of my +all combat arts mods work on any of my characters .

when I eqp +all combat arts items it IS listed in the master effects list on character info , but they do not increase ANY of the characters combat arts . no fractals , no full levels , no effect . I checked them by manually testing for damage , it is not running silent , there is no effect .

*eg game will list all combat arts +3/+6/+10 etc but it has no actual effect on arts*

I have tried reinstalling *ps3* , shifting items to other characters , deleting characters , making new characters , selling and rebuying , finding new +all combat arts items in stores - nothing works . it is as if the +all combat arts effect has simply been switched off .

I am not a cheater , not a modder , have never traded , have not been on psn since the network fail , the most ive ever done is copied my save to flash for safety backup .

I have not yet tried a system backup and restore as the psn is still down and I need to backup my trophy before doing the process .

has anyone heard of this glitch ? any know remedies other than start over ? kind of sad my game is effectively over ...

thanks for reading .

I fired up my ps3 to check it out, and it seems to work fine. My Seraphim has Assailing Somersault at level 6 with 0.6 regen and 803 damage. Naked, except for a +13 All Combat Arts amulet and those numbers went up to 19, 1.1 and 1073.

yea I know it will 'work' for other people , just as I said it worked for me for several hundred hours . I dont need confirmation of it working for other people , I need someone who knows about this glitch ...

Hi vass, welcome to DarmMatters!

This is a bug, but can get fixed with a patch (I'm playing unpatched and have to live with the consequences...)

This question did pop up before : Nothing happens when I equip + All Combat Arts item

As you'll see, you need to equip +10 CAs to actually raise CA by 1... :o

Hope this helps and that you're not having this issue even while patched!

Hello, Vass!

As Scleameth said, it is a bug that was actually fixed... unfortunately, you would have to get back onto the PSN to get the game 'update' before All Combat Arts will work properly again.

I play 'unpatched' as well, and I think that I actually enjoy not having that modifier, believe it or not. It would be nice to have for a buff suit setup when concentration is mastered (3 buffs, one suit!)... but I have not ever 'missed' this mod, TBH.

thanks for replies , the thread may have popped on a search but was buried deep - alot comes up with a search of "all combat arts" :) .

I was most likely playing the patched versian for a long time before finding my first +aca , so thanks for the info . I recently had to reinstall as my old install wouldnt load .

had not seen this issue discussed anywhere before , so again thanks for the info :) .

I like the overall idea of +aca since the game can and does allow people to ruin their cas by eating too many runes , with no way to moderate it *eg selectable cast levels* . have not used +aca all that much as my apect finds tend to be much larger at my current state .

thanks again fellows :) ssoo glad my save isnt toast HAHAHA !

Edited by vass

You may be able to update without the PSN.

If I recall correctly, the patch updates are on a separate (still active) server from the PSN. This explains why you still get that "a new version is available" screen even if you aren't logged into the PSN, but have an active internet connection (read: Ethernet cable plugged in or Wireless connection turned on) on the PS3.

Just start up Sacred 2 with an active internet connection on your PS3, it should attempt to patch.