Single aspect characters

Rules:

Easy: Only one aspect is allowed to get modification points

Hard: as above and not allowed to use an unmodified combat art from another aspect

So the list of characters we either played ourself or we know from other people:

High Elf:

arcane-> easy challenge done

storm -> easy challenge done

edit: fire -> easy seems to be possible

Dragon Mage:

mentalism -> easy challenge done

edit: elemental -> easy might be possible

Seraphim:

revered technology -> hard challenge done

edit: Celestial -> easy by Slevin

edit: exalted-> Antitrust's Queen of Blades Exalted only seraphim can do the Easy and Hard challenges.

Shadow Warrior:

astral -> easy challenge done

edit: other aspects seem to be possible. They are tricky because taking tactic lores would be against rules, it would modify 2 aspects, so even the points are there, no modifications should be done in the second aspect.

Temple Guardian:

devout guardian -> easy challenge done

edit: Essjayehm: I did the TG hard challenge with Devout Guardian (bot on a bike).

Dryad:

nature -> easy challenge done

edit: hunting -> easy might be possible

Can you add more or have ideas for the missing ones?

Edited by chattius

Rules:

Easy: Only one aspect is allowed to get modification points

Hard: as above and not allowed to use an unmodified combat art from another aspect

So the list of characters we either played ourself or we know from other people:

High Elf:

arcane-> easy challenge done

storm -> easy challenge done

Dragon Mage:

mentalism -> easy challenge done

Seraphim:

revered technology -> hard challenge done

Shadow Warrior:

astral -> easy challenge done

Temple Guardian:

devout guardian -> easy challenge done

Dryad:

nature -> easy challenge done

Can you add more or have ideas for the missing ones?

Well, I see my list of challenges to complete just got bigger...

:paladin:

I did the TG hard challenge with Devout Guardian (bot on a bike).

I finished Platinum for easy challenge with an Exalted Warrior Seraphim... that was a while back, and now IMO I could get thru Niob with her if I retried.

Of course, this is on console, I just wanted to add that caveat.

I do believe that a Malevolent Champion SW should be able to finish the hard challenge... same for Fire Elf easy challenge.

I'd try a Hunter Dryad hard challenge if I had Sacred 2 on my PC... seems feasable, but would be tough.

Celestial Seraphim is another decent option. I believe Slevin had a single-aspect Celestial seraphim available - Carla Jean, if I'm not mistaken. It was a pure over-protected (toughness, constitution, armor lore, shield lore, etc.), straightforward single aspect build (celestial lore/focus, CD, ancient magic), utilizing all Celestial Combat arts. The build was optimized for mass killing, with a single Radiant pillar worth over 25k damage per tick. Ouch :)

Celestial Seraphim is another decent option. I believe Slevin had a single-aspect Celestial seraphim available - Carla Jean, if I'm not mistaken. It was a pure over-protected (toughness, constitution, armor lore, shield lore, etc.), straightforward single aspect build (celestial lore/focus, CD, ancient magic), utilizing all Celestial Combat arts. The build was optimized for mass killing, with a single Radiant pillar worth over 25k damage per tick. Ouch :)

Great description. I haven't touched a Seraphim in Sacred 2 yet...

:whistle:

gogo

I did the TG hard challenge with Devout Guardian (bot on a bike).

I finished Platinum for easy challenge with an Exalted Warrior Seraphim... that was a while back, and now IMO I could get thru Niob with her if I retried.

Of course, this is on console, I just wanted to add that caveat.

I do believe that a Malevolent Champion SW should be able to finish the hard challenge... same for Fire Elf easy challenge.

I'd try a Hunter Dryad hard challenge if I had Sacred 2 on my PC... seems feasable, but would be tough.

Antitrust's Queen of Blades Exalted only seraphim can do the Easy and Hard challenges.

Antitrust's Queen of Blades Exalted only seraphim can do the Easy and Hard challenges.

I'm trying to do the Queen of Blades with LL% claws. Middle of Gold. I was taking my time before, now I'm a pushing it :) Should be doable.

I edited the first post:

So what doesn't seem to be possible yet:

Inquisitor: all aspects (I think I might get an easy challenge Astute Supremacy working with x% life weapon Combat Arts unmodified)

Dragon mage : Dragon magic (easy challenge - perhaps a normal attack staff shooter, x% life leech weapons for bosses)

Dryad Voodoo: (easy challenge -> x% life leech shurikens and shield lore, use totems and pet to fight mages at distance?)

TG: Source_Warden -> looks weak on protection

Lost fusion-> llama thinks it is possible

Stuff in () are my first ideas.

Edited by chattius

TG: Source_Warden -> looks weak on protection

Lost fusion-> llama thinks it is possible

Source Warden might have issues with bosses, since you'd have to use Primal Mutation (probably modded for fire damage) to kill bosses, in conjunction with the fire resist reduction from Fiery Ember, and Fiery Ember/Icy Evanesence + Charged Grid for mobs, and Untouchable Force moded for stun/debuffs.

Actually, Slevin did the "hard" part too. He made a single-buff build, and he only used the Cleansing Brilliance Buff - no additional aspect support. This is what truly amazed me in his build - how simple, straightforward, Sacred 1-like and overpowered it was. I am completely sure this build easily ruled the Swamp area and its multitude of lucrative quests and other nice options.

I have no way to check his build now, but I believe he also did it without using any utility skills.

Edited by Dobri

I think Slevin was using 100% chance to half regeneration times, so he could really spam the pillar.

The easy challenge Astute Supremacy Inquisitor I have in mind:

2 armour lore -> unlock block chances on armours quickly for early game

3 combat reflexes -> some early evasion

5 astute supremacy lore -> build the reflecting buff first, doing mainly melee fighting at this stage

8 toughness -> add some multi channel resistance

12 combat discipline -> more damage for weapon hits if using weapon Combat Arts

18 astute supremacy focus -> starting to use spells

25 constitution -> a bit more hit points

35 spell resistance -> lowering the chance of being hit critical by spells early on

50 damage lore -> weakening the survivors of CM for the RM, adding fire DoT to RM

65 ancient magic -> would be needed mastered at high damage mitigation enemies but not early game

weapon: polearm with fire sockets, hit chance has to be from socketing, same as at Kungfu Dryads, so it is possible

tactics:

groups: bundle with CM, sweep with polearm using unmodified ruthless mutilation

single targets: levin array, weapon hits, damage lore weakening and fire DoT on the RpH recharging weapon hits

bosses: x% life leech polearm, x% life leech will be transferred to the doubleganger too

I wonder if the wiki entry for spell resistance is wrong:

Reduction of DE, +%:

I have the feeling it is duration: 3 damage ticks from a poison at mastery , 1 at mastery and 200

EDIT: Forgot about Inqusitiors... shame on me :(

You guys think a hallowed GI could complete the hard one?

I'm just concerned about defense in later stages.

Just a note - it's not a 'hardcore' challange, just single-aspect. GI Inqusitors I have the fullest confidence they can complete both challenges. But probably not without a couple of deaths along the way. Callous Execution modded for stun will do the trick vs bosses ;)

Can tactics lore be picked for a GI only build? If so then its too easy.Anyone think using NN only could be possible?When I get off work I'm going to find out...

Absolutely, you probably need Tactics if you were trying GI Inquisitor.

NN only on console? Easy - yes, hard - maybe. You probably want Dislodged Spirit modded for damage, not debuffs, and you will be able to lock bosses with IS+DS combo. Have some coffee, and/or sugar available 'cause it would be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong haul.

Edited by essjayehm

Can tactics lore be picked for a GI only build? If so then its too easy.Anyone think using NN only could be possible?When I get off work I'm going to find out...

NN aspect only in the Hard challenge would make for difficult challenge indeed. certainly would be interesting to give it a try. Boss fights are going to be the big hurdle to over come.

Tactics are modified by GI, so yeah it's part of the build

That's what I'm thinking.

Don't see many peops doing it though, huh?

Yes NN is possible.

Three of em are debuffers. As long as you supplement that with strong weaponry and defense against bosses, no probs. At least in my thinking.

My opinion: Single Aspects have the greatest potential for overpowered characters.

Do one thing, master it, do it very well, dominate.

Edited by JKtheWonderguy

I think Slevin was using 100% chance to half regeneration times, so he could really spam the pillar.

The easy challenge Astute Supremacy Inquisitor I have in mind:

2 armour lore -> unlock block chances on armours quickly for early game

3 combat reflexes -> some early evasion

5 astute supremacy lore -> build the reflecting buff first, doing mainly melee fighting at this stage

8 toughness -> add some multi channel resistance

12 combat discipline -> more damage for weapon hits if using weapon Combat Arts

18 astute supremacy focus -> starting to use spells

25 constitution -> a bit more hit points

35 spell resistance -> lowering the chance of being hit critical by spells early on

50 damage lore -> weakening the survivors of CM for the RM, adding fire DoT to RM

65 ancient magic -> would be needed mastered at high damage mitigation enemies but not early game

weapon: polearm with fire sockets, hit chance has to be from socketing, same as at Kungfu Dryads, so it is possible

tactics:

groups: bundle with CM, sweep with polearm using unmodified ruthless mutilation

single targets: levin array, weapon hits, damage lore weakening and fire DoT on the RpH recharging weapon hits

bosses: x% life leech polearm, x% life leech will be transferred to the doubleganger too

I wonder if the wiki entry for spell resistance is wrong:

Reduction of DE, +%:

I have the feeling it is duration: 3 damage ticks from a poison at mastery , 1 at mastery and 200

Strong build, you betcha.

I believe you are right on the Detrimental as well

We (oldest daughters and me) started speed playing (factor 10) the Astute Supremacy Inquisitor yesterday. At starting there was a discussion which Ice and Blood regeneration system should be used, decided for the splitted regeneration.

Not proven Theory:

The regeneration is splitted on 3 aspects so shorter regeneration. Regeneration per hit is used on all 3 aspects, so 3 times the usefullness!

We named it Roentgenblitz. It is german for a variant of gamma ray bursts which are created by the creation of a black hole. Roentgen was teaching at my old university and in germany we use his name instead of x-ray. The name was thought to combine the properties of the Clustering Maelstrom (black hole) and the Levin Array (blitz = lightning)

gamma_ray_burst.jpg

Roentgenblitz

An Astute Supremacy Inquisitor

Attributes

Till level 25 all was put in vitality.

Skills

5  10  15  20  25
armour lore     1               5
combat refl.    1   1   1   1   1
AM lore         5   9   9   9   9
combat disc.    -   1          25
toughness       -   -   1   1   1
AM focus        -   -   -      25
constitution    -   -   -   -   1 

Combat Arts

Reverse Polarity.pngReverse Polarity : Rebound, Counterblow, Evade

Clustering Maelstrom.pngClustering Maelstrom : Chaos, Vortex, Vortex

Playstyle

Silver

Level 1-15 hunting goblins using Ruthless_Mutilation with a big polearm.

Level 16-25 hunting skeletons and rats with a combination of Clustering_Maelstrom and Ruthless_Mutilation using the Halberd_of_the_Commander for it's Regeneration_per_hit.

Edited by chattius

Ok, I went ahead and rolled up a pure Lost Fusion TG.

I've been pondering about his skill choices though.

Right now the plan is to invest in LF Lore/Focus (of course) as well as Constitution, Armor Lore, Toughness, Combat Reflexes and Spell Resistance with all attribute points into vitality.

That gives me three spare skill picks and here it gets interesting: I'm playing on the CM-patch so I have access to Ancient Magic now. However, Damage Lore is also relevant for a build like this, but will require one "wasted" skill pick in a weapon lore that will not be of much use.

So, whaddaya think? Should I go:

1. Ancient Magic, random weapon lore, Damage Lore.

2. Ancient Magic, Combat Discipline, Concentration (purely for regen obviously).

3. Combat Discipline, random weapon lore, Damage Lore.

4. Something else.

There's something to be said about avoiding Ancient Magic because it's not available in the regular game.

1. Ancient Magic, random weapon lore, Damage Lore.

2. Ancient Magic, Combat Discipline, Concentration (purely for regen obviously).

3. Combat Discipline, random weapon lore, Damage Lore.

4. Something else.

I gues the answer to that depends on whether you would prefer the immunity reduction from Ancient Magic mastery, the 20% regen reduction from CD (not sure off the top of my head if that's on top of every other regen reduction or not) or the additional chance to weaken/slow/fire DoT from Damage Lore (and additional damage from DL mastery).

One thought is that if you go for the weapon lore/damage lore route, you'll find it easier to hit with weapons & at a higher speed, thereby getting more regen per hit over a given time period. This would also allow you to have your CAs at a higher level, giving more damage & more effects from the mods (eg, chance to stun from Furious Emblazer, slow from Amp Discharge, damage mitigation, melee reflect & RpH/healing from Jolting Touch).

Well, just for kicks I created a HC Nefarious only Inquisitor in the CM Patch and did silver camp without using anything but NN aspect. The Scorpion Boss was the hardest one to kill, all the rest of the camp seemed pretty easy. He is at level 41 and just starting gold. So far I have only put points into Vitality, NN Lore, Armor Lore, NN Focus. IT certainly isn't an ideal build, but that is making it kind of fun the play something you wouldn't ever dare to try before.

Well we will see how gold goes.

Sounds like it could be fun loco. The buff won't be too much help against bosses unfortunately, it gets alot of its kick from being mixed with the Area of Effect of the astute aspect, but I guess if you keep killing stuff it will build up.

What were you using/modded how to kill bosses?

Sounds like it could be fun loco. The buff won't be too much help against bosses unfortunately, it gets alot of its kick from being mixed with the Area of Effect of the astute aspect, but I guess if you keep killing stuff it will build up.

What were you using/modded how to kill bosses?

The buff is pretty much worthless for this build. I used a LL% Pole arm with Inexorable Subjugation for mobs. 1 by 1 you can get a nice army of 5-8 built up that make short work of the next monster. the kills come too slow for Soul Reaver to really help much. For bosses I used Dislodged Spirit and left clicks of the Pole Arm. took a while but eventually they come down.