Diablo III - Launching May 15

Well, looks like we're getting closer to D3. Blizzard are running an internal beta at the moment and are hoping to have it ready for a 3rd quarter external beta...not too far away now.

bizzard_call.jpg

I kinda knew to wait for this after digging some info some time ago. Though great find DB! Almost gave up on it getting a release this year.

So there's a beta running now internally? Any idea how many peeps are in on that?

Well, there are ~50 devs working on the game, so I guess at least 50.

Max

• 2 months later...

Bumping this topic because I think the beta is going to start really soon. And today they announced they removed the skill points system and they announced the Aunction House that can be used with in-game gold or real money.

More info here : LINK

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Starting to get pretty excited (or should I say even more excited) about this. Scary to think how many hours of my life were eaten up by the first 2 Diablo games. Even as much as I have played the Sacred series Diablo still has a large lead. Of course if we just counted the hours over the last year... Sacred 2 for the win! :4rofl:

The noise of the archer firing so quickly has hooked me. Kind of reminds me of the noises that the vipers would make when firing their guns at cylons in the redux. Restrained but potent.

:)

gogo

The noise of the archer firing so quickly has hooked me. Kind of reminds me of the noises that the vipers would make when firing their guns at cylons in the redux. Restrained but potent.

You're right. The blue rapid fire looks like a lot of fun, as well as the localized Area of Effect blade and dual throwing star moves.

Maybe I'll attempt both characters.

You're right. The blue rapid fire looks like a lot of fun, as well as the localized Area of Effect blade and dual throwing star moves.

And you'll only need to make one of each class due to there being no skill points (like how GW did skills). I'm kinda surprised that Gogo & DB didn't pick up on that one...

Barbarian I like! lol But what is that class that has a shield trap?

Shield Trap?

Do you mean the Wizard's Slow Time skill or something?(Creates a dome shaped bubble around the wizard that slows enemies and projectiles in it I think)

And yeah I can't wait for Diablo 3 as well.

And you'll only need to make one of each class due to there being no skill points (like how GW did skills). I'm kinda surprised that Gogo & DB didn't pick up on that one...

I just got a quick read about that now ... does this limit the input that peeps have into making their builds?

gogo

I just got a quick read about that now ... does this limit the input that peeps have into making their builds?

gogo

It would eliminate a lot of "necessary" re-starts or scrapping toons because you mis-understood somethingorother.

If I am reading it correctly, it will reduce the "learning curve" and make it accessable for more people.

This could be good, as you won't need dedicated PvP toons, multiplayer toons, whatever... just respec and you're good to go!

D3 will require a constant internet connection and there will be no character customization. No skill trees, no Single Player(except thru online), no LAN, no character customization. No interest in the game.

"new features include a persistent friends list, persistent characters that are stored server-side, persistent party system, cross-game chat via the RealID system (allowing Diablo III players to chat with friends on other Blizzard games like World of Warcraft and StarCraft II), dynamic drop-in/out for co-op, player-versus-player/public game matchmaking, a larger item stash that can be shared with up to 10 of your characters, and the Banner system, which allows players to display their skills in the way of Achievements earned, PVP victories, and other stats tracked."

It's looking to be a kind of baby mmo. I've been reading a lot of debates across the net regarding Blizzard's decision to only make this a permanent net game, but for me, I was actually looking forward to this mainly as a MP game.

Apparentlly, we'll be able to sell items ingame and actually retrieve it into real life!

Err... lol are we going to have to pay taxes on this kind of income?

:o

gogo