Diablo III - Launching May 15

I have to apologize for blowing up some hype at this time, but :

Theres no bugs in D3, they fixed them.

There may be no bugs, but there certainly are things that the devs and the testers don't like, because the game has been rescheduled for an 'Early 2012' release.

I was hoping to see an early December release, but if it's for the benefit of the game, they better take all the time they can during the closed beta.

Max

• 4 weeks later...

I have been anxiously awaiting D3.. and now I'm kinda disappointed. I'm sure I'll get it, but :evil: I have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and comments. I have a few of my own tho (of course).

I'm a huge fan of SP, love my online friends, but I need to log on, walk away and come back as often as needed. Also, there are times I play cuz I have to sit somewhere random and wait for hours (no satellite), and booting up a SP game makes the time fly by fast. But this Solo online seems to be the way of the future. Seen it in several of the games that have come out recently.

As for RMT (real money traders) all MMO's have them. It's unfortunate but true and sometimes RMT ruin the game completely. As long as there are people out there that will pay real money for ingame items or currency there will always be those out there that will exploit it. Maybe this is Blizzard's way of trying something new to control it. In my experience Blizzard is one of those companies that try to keep them in check. Sooo... I guess reluctantly I'm willing to try and be open minded and wait and see how it all works.

On the subject of Modding... Blizzard openly allows their games to be modded by the community. It has thousands and thousands of mods out there and you are allowed to use them. Supposedly, Blizzard even supplies the code for you to mod (I don't know first hand since I don't make mods). Anyway, until we here differently I would think D3 will be the same way.

I have played Wow on and off for a few years, never for more then a month or two at a time... while I like the game, generally I am not a big fan of the player base. So many months ago I applied for the Diablo III beta. Then I get this offer from Blizzard... If I return to Wow and purchase a years membership I will receive D3 for free as well as being allowed into the Beta ><. Needless to say I'm not interested in playing Wow...

Anyway there is my 365cents... lol

Kiy

Edited by Kiyeri
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the beta & it's growing on me. It definitely feels like Diablo & the main thing that I don't like about it is that there's not much content in the beta at all... :(

The graphics are nice (not shiney & rainbow-y at all, though they have used more than grey, black & brown), the difficulty starts very easy & ends fairly easy (given that the first act/difficulty servers as an introduction to the genre/game for non-addicts, this isn't surprising) & I like the Demon Hunter (didn't like the Witch Doctor, haven't tried the others yet).

Oh & one peculiarity of the way they've done things is that you can choose to start a new server/game/whatever at a particular point in the main quest, so if you're in the beta & "just" want to level up your character to the max (level 13), you'll only want to fight in the end bit of the beta content, so you can choose to start a new game on the final quest in the beta.

Oh & one peculiarity of the way they've done things is that you can choose to start a new server/game/whatever at a particular point in the main quest, so if you're in the beta & "just" want to level up your character to the max (level 13), you'll only want to fight in the end bit of the beta content, so you can choose to start a new game on the final quest in the beta.

That is an interesting take on "things"! This option would have been great in Sacred 2 and really would cut a lot of time out of the campaign run in gold! If I could start Silver, say at Gar'Colossus and Gold at Garganthopod that would save 20 hrs easy! I'm sure with good enough gear one could beat Garganthopod at level 50ish in gold? sorry - straying off topic here...

back to D3 - Tell us more about your likes and dislikes Llama!

That is an interesting take on "things"! This option would have been great in Sacred 2 and really would cut a lot of time out of the campaign run in gold! If I could start Silver, say at Gar'Colossus and Gold at Garganthopod that would save 20 hrs easy! I'm sure with good enough gear one could beat Garganthopod at level 50ish in gold? sorry - straying off topic here...

It's probably only for the quests you've already completed on that character, so you probably wouldn't be able to bring a new character into a game where they're just about to start the final quest to rush them into the next difficulty...

back to D3 - Tell us more about your likes and dislikes Llama!

Gold is shared between all your characters now (like the shared stash, there's no regular stash), which I like. So my new Wizard can spend any of the 4k of gold my level 11 Demon hunter's accumulated.

Though if you don't like twinking you'll hate this change.

It's probably only for the quests you've already completed on that character, so you probably wouldn't be able to bring a new character into a game where they're just about to start the final quest to rush them into the next difficulty...

Point taken - it makes sense not to allow new characters a shortcut...

:) Thanks guys.

I've got an Intel 8600 (I think) (3.2GHz), 4 gig of ram & an ATI 4890 gfx card (with 1 gig of ram). It runs fine on max settings, as one would expect, since Blizzard don't do games that require a monster PC. IIRC, I get 60 FPS (it never goes higher, so it might be capped) with lows of ~54 when there's lots happening on-screen. I would assume that you would see lower FPS later on in the game when you're in fights with more monsters.

If you can run Sacred 2, you'll be able to run D3... ;)

:) Thanks guys.

I've got an Intel 8600 (I think) (3.2GHz), 4 gig of ram & an ATI 4950 gfx card (with 1 gig of ram). It runs fine on max settings, as one would expect, since Blizzard don't do games that require a monster PC. IIRC, I get 60 FPS (it never goes higher, so it might be capped) with lows of ~54 when there's lots happening on-screen. I would assume that you would see lower FPS later on in the game when you're in fights with more monsters.

If you can run Sacred 2, you'll be able to run D3... ;)

Cheers! One more thing...how bout bugs? I know it's a beta and can't be expected to be perfect, but what's it like in that regard?

an ATI 4950 gfx card (with 1 gig of ram)

Sorry, it's a 4890, a 1 Gig HiS HD4890 to be precise.

As to bugs, I've not seen any major ones, just a few things that didn't really seem right (such as the Demon Hunter's Entangling Shot entangling a skellie that was climbing up a wall & wasn't normally targettable, but the ES killed it).

I'm in the beta & it's growing on me. It definitely feels like Diablo & the main thing that I don't like about it is that there's not much content in the beta at all... :(

The graphics are nice (not shiney & rainbow-y at all, though they have used more than grey, black & brown), the difficulty starts very easy & ends fairly easy (given that the first act/difficulty servers as an introduction to the genre/game for non-addicts, this isn't surprising) & I like the Demon Hunter (didn't like the Witch Doctor, haven't tried the others yet).

Beautiful, and congratz Llama!

I just read all the posts here, I'm gonna join the thronging masses asking for info :devil:

Can you maybe list three things you really like about it from what you've seen and three things that don't tickle your fancy so much?

Go go D3 Oracle!

:woot:

gogo

p.s. Really liking the fact you said you liked the hunter a lot, right off the bat I just loved the way her Combat Arts looked.

Best 3 & worst 3?

Hmmmmmm...

Best 3:

It's Diablo. It definitely has that feel of D1 & 2, the same fast paced combat & while it's not as "grimdark" as D1, it's nowhere near "unicorns & rainbows" as was being complained about previously. There's a lot of colours being used which is makes for some nice & varied backgrounds to killing demons.

IMO, it's pretty polished already, though Blizz are farting around with runes at the moment & I'm not sure I like what they're doing with them (currently runes will drop as "unattuned", ie, colourless, & they only get "attuned" when you socket them and you can't then use that rune in a different skill, so if you're looking for a particular rune be prepared to go through several unattuned runes before you get the colour you're looking for).

Worst 3:

Online only/no "proper" SP or modding. I like mods & I know a lot of people want to play it offline, but you can't, which sucks.

Such a limited amount of content in the beta & no runes (which wouldn't drop that early anyway). It's really frustraiting that there's only ~1 hours worth of stuff for you to go round unless you're exploring every nook & crany (ie, your first play through), then there's ~2-3 hours worth...

Yes I know that's only 2 each. ;)

• 1 month later...

One of my friends keeps telling me the game will release on February 17, but I can't find anything about it.

I read on Diablofans.com that Blizzard is preparing a little suprise this week for the 15th anniversary of the Diablo franchise.

EDIT : Found out why my friend said that February date : Amazon France added the game in their shop, and they had to put a date.

Max

Edited by Flooxim