Diablo III - Launching May 15

Is there respec in Diablo 3...does it work like that? Or is is like Sacred franchise...one slip of the button and that's your choice forever kind of thing?

:)

gogo

you can change your skill whenever you want... :( D3 skillsystem is only good for casuals

hmmm, so there is no real permanency? What about HC toons... can we change skills anytime we want? Is there any choices at all that are permanent?

gogo

no :( hc-toons can't use rmah...thats all...

They can die obviously :P

Other than that it is just no RMAH, and no trading/shared stash between HC and non-HC of course.

HC got a gold-based auction house though. Also some cosmetic "rewards" from HC, for those who care about such things.

I don't think it has actually been 100% confirmed whether HC is still "on" in PvP. Blizzard has gone back and forth on the issue, even though most people seem to agree that permanent death in PvP doesn't work very well - no matter how "hardcore" it might be. My guess is that they removed it.

The only permanent choice seems to be your class tbh.

Currently skills can be changed at any time, but gets a 15 sec cooldown when switched in, so you cant use them immediately.

Also you can't switch out a skill on cooldown (so not possible to use a skill with 30 sec cd and then switch it out). If you switch out a buff skill the buff also disappears.

If this remains it seems likely that high-level gameplay will partially consist of switching skills for different challenges. Even more so for HC characters.

So there is re-speccing, but I'm not sure you can even call it that, as there isn't really any 'speccing' to begin with. Not in the sense we usually understand it at least (= Making choices which define your character).

Edited by Shadout

Bossfarming and loot

http://us.battle.net...44188?page=3#42

Talking to Wyatt about this a little more and he brought up some good, additional points.

You will not be farming bosses. Bosses won't drop the best loot, they won't even drop really great loot. Part of Inferno and our intent with getting people out into the world and hunting and killing lots of different things is putting the best loot on rare and champion packs, and the great thing about rare and champion packs is they have random affixes. They're like a box of chocolates. Murderous, snarling, blood-soaked chocolates. You're not going up against a boss where you know "Build A" is the best way to minmax against it because it has abilities and resistances X, Y, and Z. What is the best build vs. an "Arcane Enchanted, Teleporter, Frozen, Knockback" skeleton pack? Got that figured out? Cause it's not going to be the best against the next pack you come across, and you're going to want to kill that one just as much.

You might have a specialized build that is super strong against some of these things, and not against others. Your focus is going to be on the balance between taking on all of these possibilities and surviving, and it's that balance that makes for a ton of interesting options and variance.

The one question mark for a lot of people, and maybe even us, is what stops someone from seeing a pack, backing out (or dying) and swapping out to be better equipped to handle it? We agree that shouldn't be the best way to play, but know it's something we can solve pretty easily, even if it's just making the swapping cooldown longer in later difficulties.

In any case, his point was that you could absolutely make the best build against one type of enemy, and that build could completely fail against another. It's not D2 where you pump all your points into one ability, we're going for some depth in our combat, but it's your choice of tools (and there are a lot of them) that will define your character versus another.

Edited by Chrona

I don't think it has actually been 100% confirmed whether HC is still "on" in PvP. Blizzard has gone back and forth on the issue, even though most people seem to agree that permanent death in PvP doesn't work very well - no matter how "hardcore" it might be. My guess is that they removed it.

IIRC, you will be able to PvP in HC (in the arena), but you won't loose your char if/when you die (as you would when you die to monsters).

The only permanent choice seems to be your class tbh.
Same as it was in Guild Wars.

Tested D3 Beta... I like WD, will be my main. cow_white.gif

Anyone tested this graphicmod:http://us.battle.net...opic/3967848172

Video:

or Ambient Occlusion with NVIDIA GeForce 295.73?

Example:http://international.download.nvidia...parison-1.html

Diablo 3 Release Date Leak

Accordingto "MMORPG Italy", the Italian branch ofBlizzard Entertainment have just revealed the Release Date and Price of thegame. (Thanks for the heads up Anonymous.)

The game will be releasing on Tuesday, April 17 and the prices are €54.90 forthe Standard Edition and €89.90 for the CE.

Interestingly, this wasn't the usual retailer estimation, but rather itallegedly came from Blizzard directly and it was sent to several largeretailers prematurely. It also came along with their price structure which wassomething that never accompanied any of the other retailer Release Date"leaks", but it's something that has always accompanied a game'sRelease Date announcement. (That's the part I found most interesting.)

The release of this new information seems awfully close to the predicted (byIncgamers and some other whispers) March 5th release date announcement, but therelease would be only 1 month away which would be quite unusual for Blizzardgiven their past minimum 2 months. It's something I've discussed in the past (acompressed timeline), so I'll have more to say on the subject if this ReleaseDate ends up being true.

Edited by Chrona

omgod...is this for serious real?

April 17th... a real release date?

:o

gogo

p.s. That article on boss farming and loot is awesome.. what a great way to get rid of boss farming, and just randomize everything...though there was some nostalgia in the runs I guess?

Diablo III Model Viewer -> http://www.diablofanatic.com/modeller/

https://twitter.com/...886185975746561

Looking forward to #ME3. Unfortunately I'm off to GDC tomorrow. No, not to announce anything, and not sign of release.

more rumors:

http://www.duimschroef.nl/2012/02/diablo-iii-komt-op-19-april-uit/

Diablo III komt op 19 april uit!

Auteur: JungleJackGeplaatst: 24-02-2012 | 12:33:02diablo3.jpgJawel, de Bart Smit weet het zeker! In de folder ziet u de foto zoals hier boven staan en ook bij navraag aan Bart Smit zegt men deze datum in het systeem te hebben. Zelfs de volgende folder die uitkomt volgende week heeft Diablo III staan voor 19 april. Toen wij meldden dat Blizzard aangegeven had de datum per persbericht de wereld in de slingeren zodat iedereen het tegelijk weet en er geen één retailer is die eerder een datum krijgt dan wie dan ook, moest de medewerker van de Bart Smit toch gewoon aangeven dat dit de datum is die men heeft. Rennen dus naar Ome Bart, die weet het namelijk zeker. Klik op de pica hierboven voor een volledige weergave.

Edited by Chrona

BETA PATCH 14

cow_white.gifHardcore mode is now available, and can be unlocked by reaching level 10 with at least one character cow_white.gifpaladin.gif

The change to when Hardcore is unlocked is a change that, unless it is changed between now and release, will be the case in retail Diablo III.

Edit: tried to create hardcore-char-> but the hardcore button is disabled...lol

DiabloIII Beta Patch 14 – v. 0.8.0.8815

Released3/8/2012

General

Hardcoremode is now available, and can be unlocked by reaching level 10 with at leastone character

Casttime to resurrect a fallen ally has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds

Playercreated games now default to Invite Only. Check "Allow Quick Join" inthe Social tab of the Options menu to allow your friends to join

MagicFind and Gold Find are now shared amongst party members. The average combinedvalue of the entire party's Magic and Gold Find applies to all playersregardless of location in the game world. The averaged values will not displayin the UI

Skill UI

InElective mode, skills can now be dragged and dropped from the skill interfaceinto hot-key slots

Right-clickinga skill hot-key will now open the skill interface

AuctionHouse

The Sellinterface has been updated to better match the in-game inventory and stash

Combinedthe advanced and basic search features

TheActive auctions tab now allows users to see all active auctions

Searchesfor recipes and tomes have been added

Classes

Barbarian

Barbariansnow have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damagereduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects(such as Armor), but prior to shield block

GroundStomp

Nowdestroys barrels

LeapAttack

Abilityrenamed to Leap

Weapondamage reduced from 125% to 85%

Nowslows enemies in the landing zone by 60% for 3 seconds

DemonHunter

HungeringArrow

Rune ofPuncturing Arrow pierce chance reduced from 55% to 50%

Impale

Rune ofImpact stun chance reduced from 100% to 65%

SmokeScreen

Durationincreased from 2 to 3 seconds.

Costincreased from 15 to 24 Discipline

Monk

Monksnow have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damagereduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects(such as Armor), but prior to shield block

Breathof Heaven

Healamount reduced

CripplingWave

Damageincreased from 100% to 110%

DeadlyReach

Damageincreased from 100% to 110%

ExplodingPalm

Thisskill has been redesigned.

Nolonger generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit

Nowdeals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds

Fists ofThunder

Damageincreased from 100% to110%

Crafting

Goldcost to craft items reduced

Cost totrain Blacksmith doubled

Morecrafting materials are now required to craft items

Chanceto salvage rare crafting material from blue Magic items reduced from 10% to 5%

Followers

Templar

Normalattack now deals 15% weapon damage

Intervenetaunt reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds

Items

Severalaspects of the game economy have been adjusted, including but not limited to:

Golddrops

Itemsale values

Vendorcosts

Repaircosts

Ringsand Amulets now become available at a higher level. As a result, these itemswill no longer drop in the in beta. Fear not – sparkly baubles await you in theretail version of the game.

Monsters

MiraEamon now drops better loot.

Monsterdamage has been increased

BugFixes

For afull list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issuessticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.

Playersare now able to leave the game if unexpectedly disconnected from Battle.net

PublicGames can once again accommodate up to four players

Playerscan now queue for a Public Game involving any quest they've unlocked

Playersshould now properly be able to send and receive friend invites

Friendsshould no longer appear as [ ] in chat

Edited by Chrona

I found an interesting quote from Jay Wilson (the game producer) about patch 14 :

Blizzquote :

what is currently in the beta is what we intend for ship, but we're still tuning and things can change.

So I really hope this is the last patch and they will announce a release date by the end of next week.

Max

I know, lol my two games both running head to head for the finish... who's gonna come first, GW2 or D3!

gogo

You can keep your GW2, D3 all the way for me :lol:

and then there is Grim Dawn, Legend of Grimrock and Nyrthos to name a few. There so many good games coming this year, just wish I had at least one of them now :bounce:

I'll probably end up getting both. I'm not sure Diablo 3 can hold my interest because of all that "grind" Reminds me so much of Sacred 2 ... I do love ARPG's but the lure of beautifully designed quests and doing it with my friends, the thrill of discovery and lush graphics, it's become quite a compelling pull from my old haunts of constant grinding and builds...but I'll have to see how Diablo 3 fleshes out...never played any of the earlier ones before, I am hoping to be surprised.

gogo

never played any of the earlier ones before, I am hoping to be surprised.

gogo

If the game is anything like we have been told it will be via marketing. I think we may all be surprised.

Can...Not...Wait!

I remain, :oooo:

Does anyone know how much it is? I tried to use the link for purchasing, but it says I have to get a new battlenet account, which I can do tonight after work

gogo

Does anyone know how much it is?

The standard edition is 59.99, and the collector's edition is 99.99.

Max

Just checked the CE contents, and looks really promising. For all those goodies the price is quite acceptable. Still, I'm not very thrilled with some things. Well, time will tell...

well the timing is awful :) I'll probably get this and GW2 but will really only have time to play one of them.....and since I am very familiar with the Diablo series I'm thinking this will be the game I play first.

edit: Well went ahead and bought it..looks like you can only order the digital version thru Blizzard....I pre-ordered my CE version thru Best Buy

Blizzard release dates are never set in stone. I would not be surprised to see the release date pulled and more time getting the game to a better state. At the moment, it sounds like a LOT of stuff is getting cut(PvP was the latest feature to be removed) to get the product out the door. I'd rather have them add in whatever time is necessary to get the game more polished. Stop the bad trend of releasing stuff that is broken on day one(or still broken in Diablo 2) and letting patches fix some of the issues.