Diablo III - Launching May 15

Bashiok about RMAH

http://us.battle.net...62932?page=5#89

It's interesting to think about, for sure. There's certainlya separation for most people in that obtaining currency outside of the game,and obtaining items worth currency within the game are exclusive concepts. Thatif you're playing the game and obtaining items, they are of a higher value thanhaving a job and being paid for it. Which is kind of strange as real worldcurrency is by far more widely valuable and usable than an in-game item.Obviously there's an exchange rate of sorts that will be worked out by playersto match the two, but I think it's interesting that conceptually someone whoworks to obtain currency in their job and buy an item is perceived of as lessthan someone who was able to obtain it by playing the game. Logically it'sbackwards as a real world job is not the fun and enjoyment of playing a videogame, but that gets turned around within the context of wanting to compareskill and aptitude.

I still think drop chance puts so much randomization into someone's acquisitionof items that there's no true test of aptitude to be had, just luck and time.What's to say working to earn money to buy an item is easier than launching thegame and getting that same item on your first kill? Also, I love my job, butit's still not as awesome as just playing Diablo III.

I don't even know how someone can attempt to place value on the way someoneobtained their items, at what cost, in what Act and difficulty was it found,what their magic find was, are they more skilled than me, are they using a'cheesy build' etc. There's too many variables that throw off comparison of'skill' before currency even enters the picture.

• 1 month later...

I also can't wait to get my copy of the game, I'll pick it up Tuesday after work. It was about time!

Max

Max, will future shop be selling the game here as well in box?

:)

gogo

When I got an e-mail from them a few days ago, it said they have boxed versions of the game. I pre-ordered mine at EBGames/Gamestop.

Max

Even though the game is not supposed to launch until 3am my time (North America east coast) it's letting me install it right now though I still supposedly have 8 more hours before launch. Would be cool if I could sneak in a few hours tonight. No way am I staying up that late....should have scheduled tomorrow off a long time ago....too late now :(

Edit: Oh well...at least it's installed...got a message at login screen saying I got to wait for 3am :Just_Cuz_21:

10 minutes until I get to play at 5pm aussie time.......am I anxious?

Naaa, I'm just cooking the family dinner 1 hour before it's due BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO LOSE ONE PRECIOUS MINUTE OF PLAYTIME!

so no....not anxious at all. :whistle:

Well I got up early just so I could play an hour or 2 before work....initially had the good old Error 37 trying to log in. But after 40 minutes of that was able to play without issue. Was able to chat with stubbie for a bit

Why did I not schedule today off from work? :(