Diablo III - Launching May 15

I definately think it will be flooded by AH farmers.

So, what's the difference between an AH farmer (bad) & someone who plays the game lots and sells stuff on the AH (good)?

I definately think it will be flooded by AH farmers.

So, what's the difference between an AH farmer (bad) & someone who plays the game lots and sells stuff on the AH (good)?

Only their intentions. It makes you think how much it will be possible to sell things for and how feasible a source of income it would be for anyone, even as a little extra.

• 2 weeks later...

If I like the demo version I'll surely join the full game, for now the previews makes me want to play. If I play this one I'll follow clan events with pleasure. The only thing I dislike is the possibility to buy items with real money... they always want more more and more money from their players...

Let's hope for good things.

:)

it is looking really good.

As a clan we have three really really good games to consider

Torchlight 2 cheap one time only purchase

Guild Wars 2 Cheap, super support, made for groups

Diablo 3... hit and go... but we can all look at everything they all have to offer and then we'll change up FDM to get us all going the game...can hardly wait!

:dance:

gogo

Torchlight 2 cheap one time only purchase

Guild Wars 2 Cheap, super support, made for groups

Diablo 3... hit and go... but we can all look at everything they all have to offer and then we'll change up FDM to get us all going the game...can hardly wait!

Dang! So many options! :D

I think I'm going to buy D3 on release, only things which I don't like are the constant internet acces required, and the HUGE "no modding" signs they've been giving away. And I rather like mods. I had a couple really good ones for D2 years ago...

What are 'AH' farmers?

Those would be auction house farmers. With the new auction house in Diablo 3 making it able to sell items found in game for real money I am expecting a lot of farmers.

From what I've read on other forums about the auction house and 'real money trading' is a concern about Chinese Farmers. In a way it can be a concern - a less than friendly government that is hungry for cash could have people be AHF and rack up money.

Just on regular principle I'm against this kind of trading. I get the feeling there is going to be a lot of successful scams right out of the gate before Blizzard takes care of the problems.

To be honest, I'm not so sure why so many people have an issue with the auction house. If you don't like it, don't use it. You will still be able to do everything else normally. I mean if someone wants to spend there time farming region A for item B then make your own server, join a different game.

The closed beta started yesterday, here's the beta system requirements :

MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC

OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c

Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

Mac

OS: Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better

All Platforms

HD Space: 12 GB available HD space | Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/

Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users) | Drive: DVD-ROM drive | Internet: Broadband Internet

connection | Display: 1024x768 minimum display resolution

(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connecton. Wireless results may vary.)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC

OS: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz

or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz | Memory: 2 GB RAM | Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or

ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac

OS: Mac® OS X 10.7 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo | Memory: 2 GB RAM

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

Max

It really look sweet.

But I am gaming PoE ( with a bunch off DA´s ), beta testing & having fun.

I might eventually get D3 - if it isnt flooded with chineese RMAH grinders ( or simmilar ).

P.S. Clan DA and beta testers will get more PoE beta-keys. So far clan got 3 keys - all gone.

So if interested monitor the thread or the DA thread.

Out of those options it's still D3 for me.

come to PoE ...

We have beers. :drunkards:

Edited by D-molisher

Hrm... That skill planner actually got me re-interested in the game. A little ;)

I like the new "mana" system. Peeked at the Monk skills, they seem good, lotsa defense!

Still, the "respec at any time" part of the game still has me worried that the replayability will be low and that it will not be able to maintain my interest for very long.... a couple of months and I'd be done with it as I see it now.

What Scott said.

Now that I have more than stabile connection I might think of getting this, although I'm not too fond with the mechanics as it is.

Prolly not gonna get it as lauch, but later on. There's still so much to play. :P

Max, that's awesome, a great heads up! I'm sitting in front of the calculator now, just seeing how this works. It's beautiful looking, so accurate...lol, sometimes I wish Sacred 2 had stuff like this too that could really predict how things work :P

I'm with Scott... if respecs are allowed at any time, where does the real gain come from...just equipment I guess? I'm wondering how this will keep me interested as well, if we get to try out everything the game has to offer so quickly. Surely they must have though this through and there is something behind the curtain^^

In Guild Wars, the respecs could be done instantly as soon as you left a campaign, but they kept putting out new campaigns so that the game kept fresh. Is Diablo series like this as well, does it get more campaigns?

gogo

Still, the "respec at any time" part of the game still has me worried that the replayability will be low and that it will not be able to maintain my interest for very long.... a couple of months and I'd be done with it as I see it now.

I'm with Scott... if respecs are allowed at any time, where does the real gain come from...just equipment I guess? I'm wondering how this will keep me interested as well, if we get to try out everything the game has to offer so quickly. Surely they must have though this through and there is something behind the curtain^^

In Guild Wars, the respecs could be done instantly as soon as you left a campaign, but they kept putting out new campaigns so that the game kept fresh. Is Diablo series like this as well, does it get more campaigns?

gogo

Don't worry guys, I'm sure they'll find other ways to make more money by thinking about "player game experience". :P

• 2 weeks later...

Theres no bugs in D3, they fixed them.

So it isnt a beta - its a demo diablo3 (beta ).

Yep been chatting with some off my x-fire m8´s, thats actually in D3 beta.

Its for server stress testing ( and getting peops hooked on D3 ).

Edited by D-molisher