Problem Hosting over LAN

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me out here with a problem I'm having.

Me and a friend are playing Sacred Gold over Hamachi, I can host on my laptop just fine and so can my friend, we can each join each other's server without any problem whatsoever.

Now, I go over to my Desktop (Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Athlon Dual Core 3800+, ATI 3870 w/512MBs VRAM, 2GBs RAM) and try hosting the game and neither of us can see it, my friend can't, I can't when I try looking on the desktop and neither can I see it on my laptop.

It's no big deal, but we're using Skype for communication and when we host on our laptops, it kind-of drags down the performance to the point where sometimes my friend can't hear me, so I was trying to host on my desktop...but it's a no go.

My Desktop and Laptop are both on the same network, on the same hamachi network and both running Windows 7 (Desktop = Ultimate Edition and Laptop = Basic Edition).

Ummm.....HELP?!?! :)

Most likely it's something to do with the network adapter settings or network connections settings. Try comparing those side by side on your laptop and desktop to see if there are any stand out differences like order of importance or something (as an example, I'm not sure if there is an order of importance or of it would apply).

Most likely it's something to do with the network adapter settings or network connections settings. Try comparing those side by side on your laptop and desktop to see if there are any stand out differences like order of importance or something (as an example, I'm not sure if there is an order of importance or of it would apply).

Just checked and their both pretty much using the same settings, the only difference being in the order of importance that on the desktop, there was an alternate network connection that had more priority then my default network connection, fixed it, booted up the server and no change whatsoever.

Not a firewall issue? port forwarding appropriately enabled ?

I'm pretty sure it's not a firewall issue, I mean I'm no expert, but both Desktop and Laptop are running Windows and the Desktop doesn't even have an Anti-Virus program atm (the Laptop does). Can't be that, can it?

Port Forwarding shouldn't be an issue either since everything else runs fine (I recently bridged the modem and everything else that goes online for gaming works perfectly) but I did look at forwarding ports for Sacred and didn't find anything portforward.com

Edited by Phantomizer

Hmm...Hamachi was always a tough one, I never manage to get it working with Sacred Underworld when a mate and I tried it.

Perhaps give Tunngle a try, I know a few members have used it successfully with Sacred 2 before and said its more reliable than hamachi.