Sacred 2 Loading Crash

About a month ago I did a format, clean install of windows 7, and ive just installed the game again, but when I launch it, comes up with the screen where it shows your hardware, and makes a joke, like Loading T-Energy, stand by, or whatever. (pre to actual character selection/creation) and then just crasges and goes to desktop again.

Its just basic sacred 2, no updates installed atm, so im not sure what the problem could be, and if I need any updates, someone point me in the right direction pls.

Im from denmark, game bought here (thats europe) so id guess it would be UK thats closest, and the game still has to be in english language.

Here is my error code: (the one from windows)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: sacred2.exe

Application Version: 2.0.2.0

Application Timestamp: 48c19ef9

Fault Module Name: MMDevAPI.DLL

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b892

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00018d99

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1030

Additional Information 1: a7aa

Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3: a7aa

Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

EDIT: Just updated game to 2.40 and still get excatly the same crash. (It was UK updates I needed, patching was smooth as silk)

But funny as it is, to see all the initial game quotes all the time when you launch the game from windows, id like to get as far as character creation.

Im running Windows 7, fully updated (ive played on Win7 before with no issues)

And rest of my system specs is more than enough to handle the game.

About a month ago I did a format, clean install of windows 7, and ive just installed the game again, but when I launch it, comes up with the screen where it shows your hardware, and makes a joke, like Loading T-Energy, stand by, or whatever. (pre to actual character selection/creation) and then just crasges and goes to desktop again.

Its just basic sacred 2, no updates installed atm, so im not sure what the problem could be, and if I need any updates, someone point me in the right direction pls.

Im from denmark, game bought here (thats europe) so id guess it would be UK thats closest, and the game still has to be in english language.

Here is my error code: (the one from windows)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: sacred2.exe

Application Version: 2.0.2.0

Application Timestamp: 48c19ef9

Fault Module Name: MMDevAPI.DLL

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b892

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00018d99

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1030

Additional Information 1: a7aa

Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3: a7aa

Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

EDIT: Just updated game to 2.40 and still get excatly the same crash. (It was UK updates I needed, patching was smooth as silk)

But funny as it is, to see all the initial game quotes all the time when you launch the game from windows, id like to get as far as character creation.

Im running Windows 7, fully updated (ive played on Win7 before with no issues)

And rest of my system specs is more than enough to handle the game.

Hmmm.. Welp... I don't blame you...

First off, Sacred 2 isn't quite Windows 7 compatible - at least, not until you get the Ice and Blood patch 2.65.1 installed. Now this doesn't mean you can't run Sacred 2 under Windows 7... I had similar issues the first time I ran the US version on Win 7. Here's what I did to fix the problem:

1.) Right-clicked on the shortcut and changed it to run in compatability mode. I set it for XP SP3.

2.) I set it to run as Administrator. Yeah...

It means I had to click on the UAC thing - but at least it worked. You might want to consider getting Ice and Blood if you don't already have it. The 2.65.1 patch does help quite a bit.

Hey thanks for the answer.

Yerh I dont have the expansion Fire and Ice (or whatever its called) and yerh I know its not to Win7 freindly, but ive never had problems before with sacred 2, EVER.. So atm im running 2.43 (running and running !) and ive tried all the compatibility modules windows 7 offers, from 98, to vista SP1/2 and none of them worked. Tried the lot again with admin rights as you said in the shortcut, but nothing.

So if I have to get the expansion I wont get to play it for a while. atm no job so very limited cash income :sigh:

If you have any other suggestions besides trying the expansion, im all for it.

But thank you for replying m8.

Dim out.

Yerh I dont have the expansion Fire and Ice (or whatever its called) and yerh I know its not to Win7 freindly, but ive never had problems before with sacred 2, EVER.. So atm im running 2.43 (running and running !) and ive tried all the compatibility modules windows 7 offers, from 98, to vista SP1/2 and none of them worked. Tried the lot again with admin rights as you said in the shortcut, but nothing.

So if I have to get the expansion I wont get to play it for a while. atm no job so very limited cash income :sigh:

Dim out.

Hmm.... Maybe something is corrupt in the installation...? Have you considered reinstalling Sacred 2..?

Dim out.

Hmm.... Maybe something is corrupt in the installation...? Have you considered reinstalling Sacred 2..?

Ill give re-install a try today, see if that works, if not im just gonna have to face facts, Im not holy, and thats Sacred :tongue:

• 1 year later...

Hey buddies, my dad is having this same issue, over here in the US.

He's tried running it from the shortcut in compatibility mode, as admin, and any other forum suggestions he could find on the forums here, on Tom hardware, and some other gamer forum (he can't remember the name).

After a Windows 7 update, he found that he couldn't get past the green text loading screen; it would get through that, put up the joke, then crash. On trying to get this figured out today, it now won't even start! On trying the uninstall-reinstall idea, "I tried the Revoke ID application-it didn't work either!" He managed to get the revoke screen, but it went straight through it without letting him click anything.

It's updated to 2.43, and this only started happening this year, as I said after a Win7 update.

If anybody's got any additional suggestions for us, please give me a shout! Dad's about ready to just give up and delete everything, but I love Sacred too much to not be able to play it again :(

Thanks,

~Jaggy

Edited by JaguarGal
Id try the reinstall route too Jag, you currently get 4 activations within some timeframe for the game so not having revoked sholdn't be an issue.

Reinstall was a no go. The game wouldn't even start, after reinstalling. Also, on uninstall, there were still some odd files left over, like the textures folder.

My friend in town was able to install it on her machine (also running Win 7), and get into the game, but after about 3 minutes of running it, it crashes.

Someone had mentioned the other day something about processors possibly having an affect on how it runs? Could someone enlighten me on what to do to test this theory, please? o:

Thank you again,

~Jaggy

Edited by JaguarGal

Well, dang. I remember getting Sacred 2 working without Ice and Blood in Windows XP compatibility mode, which ate out some performance. Wouldn't be a problem with good gaming rig, really.

So, I'm quite sure the Gold edition is the salvation, after you've gotten all things confirmed. ^^