Why do you post?

Guest gogoblender

• 4 months later...

Hmm, well I post for 2 different reasons. For gaming, I post because it is so nice to have organized conversations, and you have so much more time to come up with witty replies :D And with forums its much easier to get events organized and such. But I also just like to post for fun, and to let others hear any random ideas I have, see how they like them.

Good insight into the posts, Monster. One of the main reasons I love posting so much on forums, is because of the excellent way of connecting to peeps from all over the world. The time flow is slower, and allowances are made for a much longer period of time to go between posts while allowing for good comprehension to happen. Msn is great for real time, but for thoughtful, wry replies... lol, nothing beats posts, and crafting great answers, while exhausting, is unbelievably rewarding.

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree Gogo its also like Christmas when you see how busy your topic gets. And besides, its a good way to keep in touch with good friends.

but for thoughtful, wry replies... lol, nothing beats posts, and crafting great answers, while exhausting, is unbelievably rewarding.

:P

yep

muttley.gif

stubbs

I have 3 children, 3yrs old, 13 yrs old and ...*cough* 43 yrs old *cough*....

I come here for ADULT conversation *lol*

Well Mom its was bound to happen sooner or later. All that hitting on the head send Lord back to his Childhood. :4rofl: You should now revers the process do some spanking on the behind to send Lord back to his old age. :P

I have 3 children, 3yrs old, 13 yrs old and ...*cough* 43 yrs old *cough*....

I come here for ADULT conversation *lol*

Well Mom its was bound to happen sooner or later. All that hitting on the head send Lord back to his Childhood. :P You should now revers the process do some spanking on the behind to send Lord back to his old age. :)

She hasn't hiwt me once, I'm awaze wike dis. :4rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It depends on which forum I post, but most of the time it's about sharing the same interest and knowledge, learn things and just met other people from other countries.

I'm member of a dozen of forums. Most of them are related to a game, like The Elder Scrolls (I'm member of the official bethesda forums and from some modsites like canadianice & howndog's place, emma's elder scrolls forum and baratheon79's site) , Sacred, The Witcher or just games in general like Xfire. But I'm also member of some tech forums, like gathering of tweakers (from dutch IT site tweakers dot net).

I love the references you listed, Candesco. Thank you for registering and contributing here on the forum. We've been hoping that working on this site with references, wiki and good energy is a good way to keep interest in the game alive, even after all the hardships it's been through, and showing support for a fledgling though interested modding community can help keep a Sacred 2 gaming community going for a while.

We like to think we've been successful in a quiet way, we're not an overly humongous forum, but the posters we do have are pleasant, kind and considerate.

If you're here at DarkMatters, I'm hoping you're happy with the site.

Cheers and once again welcome!

:)

gogo

• 6 months later...

Let me begin by saying (writing) that there are some great responses in this thread!

Talking for myself, I don't see the point in joining a forum if I don't intend to contribute.

By contribute I mean post, it's subjective whether it's useful or not but hopefully it's at least entertaining.

Yes there is a degree of role playing in forums, after all not everyone uses their real name and some do put on personas which are projections.

Nobody uses their actual photo as an avatar, nobody posts their phone numbers, their measurements, their degree of education.

Ultimately, who cares?

We all have one thing in common at least, Sacred 2.

I post to vent, to communicate, to share and to learn.

Everyone has something worthwhile to say in life, even if you don't like what they're saying!

To cut a long answer short, not posting would be like being invited over for dinner and bringing nothing to the table.