In the immortal words of Porky Pig...

It's been fun, but I've run completely out of stuff to upload.

Actually.. I could upload some blank level 15 characters - each with a chest full of set items - but that would be kinda silly given all of the sets that came with the game are in the game. And then there's the level 41 characters or level 200 characters that are already available and the various sets are - again - already on line.

I leave you with the final 10 sets - 4 sets that are available to any and all classes and the 6 Mutation sets... Yes, that's right. There's only 6 of them. Ascaron never gave the Dragon Mage any Mutation set love - probably because they had already decided to lock the other 6 mutation sets away and never figured there would be any attempt to unlock them. They didn't give the Dragon Mage any Christmas Set love either for probably the same reason. They probably didn't figure they'd be going belly up either. Eh.. Oh well.

Enjoy!

I think they ran out of time/money while they were doing the expansion, hance the lack of Mutation set, and they'd removed the Xmas isle/quest prior to the release of the expansion...

:(

If Ascaron hadn't done bankrupt, I'm sure we would have seen more sets released.

In any event, you've done a massive job Wolfie, you've uploaded an insane amount of gear!

what about the Scourge of Lordaeron set for the shadow warrior? I havent seen that on here. and thats a set that I would REALLY love to check out. also the power of NIF could be uploaded as well. thanks so much.

-edit-

I have been checking and there is alot of CM patch items that are not available for download. is there a certain reason for that?

Edited by lildozer74

I think they ran out of time/money while they were doing the expansion, hance the lack of Mutation set, and they'd removed the Xmas isle/quest prior to the release of the expansion...

:(

If Ascaron hadn't done bankrupt, I'm sure we would have seen more sets released.

In any event, you've done a massive job Wolfie, you've uploaded an insane amount of gear!

Well... I'm not entirely sure about that. The other mutation sets were locked away - given the number of sockets on them - I'd have to guess they were deemed just a wee bit overpowered and way out of balance. Witness the insanity of my Godess of Shopping posts a while back... I think I had bargaining maxed out on my Seraphim at like 971... I think they were probably designed as an admin only type set - for internal testing.

That's not to say I disagree with your assessment they were running out of cash while they were doing the expansion. There's definitely a feel of stuff that was done half-arsed - stuff that worked brilliantly in Fallen Angel suddenly didn't in Ice and Blood. Heck, even the DRM had issues - requiring manual activation in order to get it registered on Windows 7. And this, mind you, was after installing the 2.65.1 patch. Installing and activating FA still manages to work properly.

And I'm sure had Ascaron managed to not go belly up, then yes, there would have been more patches, sets and other goodies; Ice and Blood would have likely made it into CDV's hands for distribution and who knows - maybe even Sacred 3 would have been in the can by now. Maybe in some parallel universe - that's exactly the case.

And yes, it's been quite a slog... 229 distinct, unique uploads. I think I'll go play now for a while... :D

what about the Scourge of Lordaeron set for the shadow warrior? I havent seen that on here. and thats a set that I would REALLY love to check out. also the power of NIF could be uploaded as well. thanks so much.

-edit-

I have been checking and there is alot of CM patch items that are not available for download. is there a certain reason for that?

Ah.. Sorry.. I don't have either of those items.

You see, there's three different types of items -

1.) Those that came in the original game and were released.

2.) Those that were created by Ascaron and for whatever reason locked away.

3.) Those items that were created after the fact by the talented crew that makes the CM Patch.

While there were lightsabers created in the game, they were bloody difficult to get - they fell into the 1st catagory, bordering on the 2nd. The Power of NIF is a modified version of one of these lightsabers. Prior to the CM Patch guys, there were all manner of lightsabers - mostly of the gray to yellow quality levels. There weren't any unique nor legendary lightsabers.

The Scourge of Lorderon got created by a gent named Dimitri184 who posted some nice pics on Darkmatters. They then got together with LazyTomcat and the set was added to the CM Patch.

Now then, the stuff I've uploaded over the past couple of months falls into the first two catagories. Tonight's Mutation sets were already in the game but were locked away. Parts of the other sets I uploaded were likewise at least partially locked away so only the weapon was able to drop. They are all catagory 2 items.

The items I got were all part of a larger collection created by Megadev. Megadev's Save Game Manager to be exact. Google for the name and you'll find links to their tool. They haven't updated (and quite likely won't ever update) their tool to cover the CM Patch - especially given the CM Patch isn't exactly an official patch issued by Deep Silver.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I still can't believe you got through them all Wolfie. You must be sick of uploading and never wanna see one again :P I'm just wondering about what's left. I guess what we can do is go through personal inventories and see if the community has items they can upload to the dbase. Like... we can run Wanted Ads listing all the pieces left that we are looking to have people contribute...that can probably net us a lot. As the list of what's left gets smaller and smaller, it'll kind of be a treasure hunt for us to complete the upload puzzle.

Thanks Wolfie for this immense effort. Wiki Download buttons are now almost ubiquitous

:bounce:

gogo

awww, lol...that video made me sad heh... its a pretty final musical epitaph. We'll get going soon on those left over pieces, the collection must be completed! I'll take a look through the wiki of what's left, put together a list, and we can advertise for contributions.

:)

gogo

We'll get going soon on those left over pieces, the collection must be completed! I'll take a look through the wiki of what's left, put together a list, and we can advertise for contributions.

yes that would be amazing. I have been watchin this topic forever now. kinda hate to see it end. thanks wolfie for all your hard work.