Is the Inquisitor a good starting character

Omunall

Hello,

Just got the PC version and I'm having trouble deciding on what class to start out with. I'll end up making every one of them at some point, but I have been trying out the Temple Guardian and the Shadow Warrior, both not really working out in either damage, or just being what I feel like playing right now.

The Inquisitor seems like a good choice to begin with, but I'm wondering if he's going to be like the Temple Guardian where he's a pain to begin with, or is the Inquisitor like the High Elf to where she destroys from the start?

He's a mechanics hog, is beautiful to see in action, is always missing hit points, and looks great in a skirt singing Marilyn Munroe (Easter Egg).

I didn't get to play him a lot, as he's Evil and our clan was sticking to mostly Good toons for the majority of the game to be able to party with each other. The build I did do with him was tremendously fun, and I felt I had gotten a fair bit out of him because I "got" the mechanics.

Is he a good starter then? If you're comfy with the game's mechanics, I say go for it!

:)

gogo

I'm looking for a challenge to play to be honest. I've got an understanding for the mechanics, though not end game play. I have never seen outside plat, so I'm always wondering about who to use and what to try and do. The other side of it is I play with my wife, so for the same reasons you are talking about, we aren't really using the Seraphim.

I think I'll have to wait around to make a post again though, because it seems that every time I "test" out a class, I tend to love them from the start. Inquisitor with testa and his buffs is a nice combo imo, but CM's void attack is way too OP for my tastes right now...and yes...I would have to use it...because it's awesome lol. I'm jumping around too much on who to pick to begin with right now, but I think I've figured out who I'm going to use, and it's going to be a nice challenge to find out if I'm able to even make it work (A dryad that uses the first two aspects and not nature weaver, and to still see if VD works for a gameplay mechanic and not an exploited feature since the patch)

Thanks; again, sorry for all the random posts... I've not been sleeping well recently so I'm kind of disoriented haha.

Thanks; again, sorry for all the random posts... I've not been sleeping well recently so I'm kind of disoriented haha.

I think everyone, as much as me, loves to wake up early in the morning (like I have just now :bounce:), to breakfast upon a delicious serving of posts and coffee prepared by a friend (you!), we know , to add to our day and make our often-times slow and grumpy start that much more inspired. Your questions are well-thought out, interesting and new.

Advice?

Keep goin, keep askin!

The road to your great build is fraught with excitement and the unknown. There is no reason to lessen your own enjoyment on the way to ultimate sacred 2 enlightenment.

ommmmmmmmmmmmm

(That was the hum of enlightenment btw...dang, wish we had a Buddha smiley, guess the cow moo will do :P)

:cow_white:

gogo

Lol, well then awesome. It's just that some places tend to have an unspoken rule on post limitations, and I tend to type a lot of paragraphs...so people tend to get all irritated about seeing post after post by one person. I'll still try not to ask a bunch of questions that the wiki doesn't answer, but I will continue to spend my time here haha.

I like this site. My old flavor was a game called phantasy star online which has been running for a very long time, now on private servers made by the players; it sort of stuck around and had a dedicated site as well as a wiki, but nothing like this place and the wiki for this game. The amount of info is astounding@

Hello,

Just got the PC version and I'm having trouble deciding on what class to start out with. I'll end up making every one of them at some point, but I have been trying out the Temple Guardian and the Shadow Warrior, both not really working out in either damage, or just being what I feel like playing right now.

The Inquisitor seems like a good choice to begin with, but I'm wondering if he's going to be like the Temple Guardian where he's a pain to begin with, or is the Inquisitor like the High Elf to where she destroys from the start?

He can be a very high damaging char. even at low levels,you would just need to focus on what type of damage and from what aspect to start with.What ever aspect you go with try to squeeze in damage lore;the secondary damage effects can be very helpful.

Lol, well then awesome. It's just that some places tend to have an unspoken rule on post limitations, and I tend to type a lot of paragraphs...so people tend to get all irritated about seeing post after post by one person. I'll still try not to ask a bunch of questions that the wiki doesn't answer, but I will continue to spend my time here haha.

I like this site. My old flavor was a game called phantasy star online which has been running for a very long time, now on private servers made by the players; it sort of stuck around and had a dedicated site as well as a wiki, but nothing like this place and the wiki for this game. The amount of info is astounding@

If it is not in the wiki, it probably should be, so ask away!

The Inquisitor can be loads of fun to play. I have one that I've just been messing around with on the ps3, intelligence based duel wielding mage staffs and he's capable of handling pretty much any situation (just have to pay close attention to how low I let his health drop).

If you all ready have an understanding of the "mechanics" of the game them go ahead and give him a try. It would be a good way to test how much you have learned about the game. The only real downside to him is not having EP but that is pretty easy to overcome with bargaining as you can still find loads of decent equipment for him with a little shopping.

it sort of stuck around and had a dedicated site as well as a wiki, but nothing like this place and the wiki for this game. The amount of info is astounding@

Sometimes I get a bit astonished with how much info has gone into this wiki, I guess it's telling about how much content went into this game. There's still tons not documented yet, but we are slowly getting along the road. I often hope that when peeps see what the wiki for this game is like, it kinda makes them want to spend more time with this game, because of the thousands of pages for it that have been documented.

:)

gogo

Yeah that's what got me hooked. I got my buddy into the game recently (he's got a 360) but his tv sucks so I'm going to go dig around and find him an HD tv so he can jam on it...I feel bad because I remember not being able to read the skill set on an armor lol.

So how long has this site been around?

• 2 months later...

The Inquisitor can be loads of fun to play. I have one that I've just been messing around with on the ps3, intelligence based duel wielding mage staffs and he's capable of handling pretty much any situation (just have to pay close attention to how low I let his health drop).

If you all ready have an understanding of the "mechanics" of the game them go ahead and give him a try. It would be a good way to test how much you have learned about the game. The only real downside to him is not having EP but that is pretty easy to overcome with bargaining as you can still find loads of decent equipment for him with a little shopping.

Can you post some type of rundown of the build you're describing?

I've been looking at weird builds to try to put together and was thinking of this, not sure how to do it.

Duel Wield, Magic Staffs, Tactics Lore, Gruesome Inquisition, Astute Supremacy (Both), Concentration, Armor Lore, Constitution (with support from others), then for the 10th...

But I'm not sure which way to do it, drop staves and use duel wield only?

I want a staff wielding Sith Lord...

It seems to me that this could be the best of both worlds, with massive damage spell powers (from Int) and still high melee damage with the int buff to duel staves.

Like to be able to add Doppleganger or the Soul one for a third buff later on... wow cool. I want everything...

Edited by Mangren

Can you post some type of rundown of the build you're describing?

I've been looking at weird builds to try to put together and was thinking of this, not sure how to do it.

Duel Wield, Magic Staffs, Tactics Lore, Gruesome Inquisition, Astute Supremacy (Both), Concentration, Armor Lore, Constitution (with support from others), then for the 10th...

But I'm not sure which way to do it, drop staves and use duel wield only?

I want a staff wielding Sith Lord...

It seems to me that this could be the best of both worlds, with massive damage spell powers (from Int) and still high melee damage with the int buff to duel staves.

Like to be able to add Doppleganger or the Soul one for a third buff later on... wow cool. I want everything...

10th skill as Toughness. Pretty standard build... you will have the staff-shooting "bug" with Ruthless Mutilation, but I would steer clear of the Netherworld aspect.

Just one question: Intelligence buff? :Just_Cuz_21: