Ice & Blood with Steam Fallen Angel?

Question; I purchased the US version from steam, will the work around for the expansion still work for the steam copy? I REALLY want that expansion...

The answer: Maybe. There are some instructions floating about on the Internet on how to do it. BUT (there's always one of those and it's usually quite large)... There's no 100% guarantee that it will work 100% of the time.

The process involves a bunch of tweaking the Windows Registry to fool the installer into thinking it's the UK version. And after you install the expansion, you have to undo those tweaks to the registry so the Steam version works properly. And even then, there's been a few reports that the process didn't quite work.

Either way, it's NOT for the feint of heart. If you're the type who's comfortable dealing with the registry, and you're extremely careful, it could work for you.

The easiest way, however, is to simply get the Sacred Gold edition linked to at the top of the page. This gives you the UK version of Fallen Angel AND the Ice and Blood expansion. I'm not quite sure whereabouts you're from - but if you're from the US, which comes out to somewhere around $40.25 USD. And if you're from Canada, the exchange rate is a bit more favorable at about $39.50 Canadian.

Or, you could get the DVD-copy from here. They actually have some in store. Comes around 32 US$. With free shipping. ^^

I loved play.com...but lately they are difficult with shipping. Juha, are they able to ship games to North America?

:)

gogo

Gogs: Now that you mentioned it, US or Canada isn't on that list of delivery countries. Which I find tad weird, as many Playtrade partners are from either US or Canada. So I kinda thought it would be an automation.

Not too sure about that anymore. What I know for sure is that they won't ship any gadgets, electronics or such outside UK.

Yeah, Sacred 2 is old now, so to get sacred 2 gold in a pack here in North America is kind of a challenge...I even googled it and got a gamersgate link...but when I clicked on purchase, it said I was not allowed to order it from my area o_O

DLGameris pretty quick, and it's a direct download... plus they support SacredWiki's costs!

:bounce:

gogo

:(

BUMMER...see, had I known that I could have downloaded the full gold version last week I would not have this issue. Maybe I'll try to order a copy sometime from ebay or something, as my connection will take hours to download the full game again (took 13 hours last time)

Oh well. I like the vanilla just fine, don't want to have to spend twice on it (I'm broke right now, being in the states...I'm in the fun city of Las Vegas, where no one wants to give a job to anyone!)

One day...for now I'll just not read about the expansion so I don't become jealous of you all!

:(

BUMMER...see, had I known that I could have downloaded the full gold version last week I would not have this issue. Maybe I'll try to order a copy sometime from ebay or something, as my connection will take hours to download the full game again (took 13 hours last time)

Oh well. I like the vanilla just fine, don't want to have to spend twice on it (I'm broke right now, being in the states...I'm in the fun city of Las Vegas, where no one wants to give a job to anyone!)

One day...for now I'll just not read about the expansion so I don't become jealous of you all!

Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to get a copy, I'll cross fingers for you. And Las Vegas? Glitzy! Is this where you are from?

gogo

Lol, editing this post, I was sayin a bunch of hateful things about vegas haha.\

Anyway, I'm not too fond of vegas, not enough culture and it's too much on the party time. Not that it's bad, just that it's not good to do nothing but, and people out here tend to not think anything else it worth the time, you know?

Edited by Omunall
  • 3 months later...

So I'm from the US. Even if I have a US computer, will I still be able to download and play the Sacred 2 gold edition to my computer in order to play the expansion?

Yes, it doesn't matter where your computer is in the world. If you buy and install the gold edition of the game you will be able to play the expansion. If you already have a copy of the US version of S2FA then I would recommend uninstalling that first.

So I'm from the US. Even if I have a US computer, will I still be able to download and play the Sacred 2 gold edition to my computer in order to play the expansion?

Yes, it doesn't matter where your computer is in the world. If you buy and install the gold edition of the game you will be able to play the expansion. If you already have a copy of the US version of S2FA then I would recommend uninstalling that first.

Unbelievable. Followed the 'gold edition' link at the top of the page and bought it that way, so hopefully DarkMatters gets some money from this lurker! =)

Looking forward to it. I've only been a PS3 player, and been trying to get my mitts on this expansion forever. Can't wait to nerd out!

ahha... grandsteve you're so excited. Good! yeah it is a great game, the value of Gold Edition, with all quests, builds, graphics, a mini-mmo plus the add-on^^

gogo

Of COURSE I'm excited! I've become a huge Sacred 2 geek lately, and with college in full swing, I need a good distraction! My girlfriend was shaking her head last night. She just doesn't understand! =)

She will be converted...