For sure, For sure - Does Damage Lore affect Guardians?

Yes Gogo, it affects all classes. IIRC, in vanilla Sacred 2 it only affected weapon-based CAs (I think), but this was "fixed" in Ice and Blood & it now affects all elemental damage (as it should), regardless of how the player does the damage.

AS long the damage is not damage over time itself already:

Take for example the gust of wind of a dragon mage:

entry0 = {"et_maxangle_cone", 180, 0, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_duration_sec", 250, 0, 0, 8 },

entry2 = {"et_push_distance", 200, 2, 0, 10 },

entry3 = {"et_range_distance", 1000, 0, 0, 4 },

entry4 = {"et_cone_adapt", 30, 0, 0, 5 },

entry5 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 900, 450, 0, 133 },

entry6 = {"et_chance_stun", 334, 2, 1, 133 },

entry7 = {"et_dotdamage_poison", 400, 200, 2, 42 },

entry8 = {"et_maxangle_cone", 60, 0, 3, 8 },

entry9 = {"et_quicken_boost", 250, 0, 4, 8 },

entry10 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 300, 150, 5, 133 },

entry11 = {"et_dotdamage_poison", 400, 200, 6, 42 },

As you can see the direct spell damage is just physical, the poison damage is DoT and won't be affected by damage lore.

Same for the Inquisitors corpse explosion: poison part is DoT, ... high elf frost strike: cold damage is DoT, ...

Thanks guys for the confirmation! This could actually be kind of useful...but not sure if I have enough levels in my toon's projected lifetime for a mastery here for Damage Lore. Still though, for multi hit for leveling, will definitely come in useful, and as bonus will also give the guardians an additional headache.

:)

gogo

Thanks guys for the confirmation! This could actually be kind of useful...but not sure if I have enough levels in my toon's projected lifetime for a mastery here for Damage Lore. Still though, for multi hit for leveling, will definitely come in useful, and as bonus will also give the guardians an additional headache.

:)

gogo

It might clear up something for me, cause I have seen in fighting guardians where the shield goes up, and the guardians take damage, but the shield stays up.

It has happened where I'm using claws against them, and of course the physical damage isn't all that strong.

I was thinking the damage lore is what is damaging it, whereas the shield isn't damaged enough to come down.

• 2 weeks later...

It might clear up something for me, cause I have seen in fighting guardians where the shield goes up, and the guardians take damage, but the shield stays up.

Did you have any of the item mod that reduces the opponent's shield absorption (can't remember what it's called, it's either a reduction to the % absorption warding energy (ie, split between HP & shield energy, the Guardians have 100%, so everything goes to their shield) or the damage reduction of the shield)? Or some life leech (since life leech doesn't require you to do damage to leech, just hit the target)?

I am confident that the Guardians' absorbtion warding energy is less than 100%. Just that the insane amount of HP doesn't move a whole lot when only a small % of damage is getting past the shield.

That -ve opponents abs. warding energy always confused me... to me, it seemed like it was a direct multiplier to your damage output... their shields really drop fast whenever I've used it... which seems wrong because if the damage is going past the shield (directly to HP), then the shield should drop less quickly, as far as my thought on that goes, anyway.

Or should I just have another :pitcher: ?