Only 4 slots for Combat Arts for PC version?

Is there any way at all (including any available mods) to increase the number of usable combat arts at one time? The 360 version of this game gives you 12 slots, yes 12 compared to 4. You'd think the PC version with 50 more keys would allow a larger number of Combat Arts and not a smaller number...Please tell me I'm missing something and you can use more than 4 somehow.

Is there any way at all (including any available mods) to increase the number of usable combat arts at one time? The 360 version of this game gives you 12 slots, yes 12 compared to 4. You'd think the PC version with 50 more keys would allow a larger number of Combat Arts and not a smaller number...Please tell me I'm missing something and you can use more than 4 somehow.

Welcome to Darkmatters...

Well.. Yes, you are missing something... When you get up to level 50 or so, you get 5 combat arts available at any time. And with Combat Discipline, you also get up to 3 buffs (when it's mastered). Unfortunately, there are other things that are hotkeyed - your various potion slots, inventory, map, CA screen, weapon slots, skills page, your mount, etc... All in all, while there are more keys, there are already things that are being used by them.

You can also roll combos - more than one CA in one icon, of course.

5 in Ice And Blood perhaps but it's 4 in the standard. No it's not enough, no there is no excuse.

"while there are more keys, there are already things that are being used by them."

Really cause last time I checked there's at least 20 keys open for more hotkeys. Why in the **** would they think it a good idea to give more hotkey slots to potions over skills. Or more hotkeys on consoles as opposed to PCs. That's just stupid.

Whatever I don't want to talk about this anymore I'll just uninstall and move on unless someone's got a mod. Good thing Ascaron went bankrupt, makes me feel slightly better.

Good thing Ascaron went bankrupt, makes me feel slightly better.

This words show only one think:

If a game have not things you want and will never get it, the company is crap and the death is ok. Nice words to the end.

It's better you change your view on the word. Nobody have deserved to lost the job. Ascaron make a good job all the years and a very good community work.

My 2 cents

• Like! 1
Good thing Ascaron went bankrupt, makes me feel slightly better.

This words show only one think:

If a game have not things you want and will never get it, the company is crap and the death is ok. Nice words to the end.

It's better you change your view on the word. Nobody have deserved to lost the job. Ascaron make a good job all the years and a very good community work.

My 2 cents

+1

Your comment is far kinder than I would have come up with. Well put.

Whatever I don't want to talk about this anymore I'll just uninstall and move on unless someone's got a mod. Good thing Ascaron went bankrupt, makes me feel slightly better.

That's a lovely view point, I assume that you've never been made redundant & had to go through the process of finding a new job? It's not fun & I hope that you don't go through it when you do eventually get a job.

• Like! 1

5 in Ice And Blood perhaps but it's 4 in the standard. No it's not enough, no there is no excuse.

"while there are more keys, there are already things that are being used by them."

Really cause last time I checked there's at least 20 keys open for more hotkeys. Why in the **** would they think it a good idea to give more hotkey slots to potions over skills. Or more hotkeys on consoles as opposed to PCs. That's just stupid.

It's actually not the keys that are the issue - it's the player the two versions are aimed at. Almost ALL PC games that come out on PC and Console are harder on PC. It's viewed that PC gamers are a more refined strategic bunch, while console gamers need something a bit simpler.

Plus... it's about 50 times easier to switch out arts with a mouse than it is with a controller.

Oh... and really... no need to go off on people for doing something you don't agree with. It was a design choice - not a stupidity move. Try to walk on a bit more of a kind road in life - you'll find more people are willing to listen to you. You're lucky you said that in this forum... most others would have flamed you into the ground.

update: Was just playing PS3 and I noticed you only have 12 total slots for Weapons, buffs and CAs. So it would seem the PC has more slots total. With 5 slots for CAs 5 for Weapons and 3 for buffs (?). That's 13. Granted they are specific to certain things, but regardless - there isn't much of a difference between the two.

Edited by Ostgar
  • Like! 1

update: Was just playing PS3 and I noticed you only have 12 total slots for Weapons, buffs and CAs. So it would seem the PC has more slots total. With 5 slots for CAs 5 for Weapons and 3 for buffs (?). That's 13. Granted they are specific to certain things, but regardless - there isn't much of a difference between the two.

Personally I would have preferred to be able to have more slots for CAs than weapons if I wanted to, or more for weapons & fewer for buffs, etc. I like the flexibility that the console version offers in that respect, but it wouldn't have been as "neat" on the PC UI (with the weapon/CA slots either side of the compass).

I actually only use 2 slot for my ca`s so I am not even using the rest. I used to want more slots for them thinking I would build up all these awsome skills for them. In the end though it`s pelting strikes and the occasional jump attack just to get over streams. I kinda think the game is too fast paced combat wise to be fiddling with different attacks when battles only last a few seconds anyway.

No game will ever please all the people all the time. And while it's fine to express your dislike or issues with any part of the game, it should be done in a respectful manner. We strive to make this forum a friendly and open place for all to be comfortable posting.

This thread is starting to slide down the slippery slope of negativity that we don't allow here. I'd rather leave it open and have a mature discussion about it and who knows maybe someone will figure out a way to do it.

Really? Besides the OP, I think the rest of those posting here have shown remarkable restraint. If this conversation were being held most anywhere else, the fur and various other unmentionables would have been flying at warp speed.

Given that I don't believe there would be any means to accommodate the OP's request short of decompiling and rewriting Sacred 2's UI, I don't see the point.

Really? Besides the OP, I think the rest of those posting here have shown remarkable restraint. If this conversation were being held most anywhere else, the fur and various other unmentionables would have been flying at warp speed.

I thought the same thing.

As someone with experience on both platforms, I can say that going from the 12 Action Slots on ps3 to the 1 weapon/1 CA/1 buff slots on PC was a bit of a shock, but you quickly gain more. I do not think I have ever played a build that could effectively use more than 5 Combat Arts/combos. If you tried, you would likely be spreading yourself too thinly.

I'm sorry about your disappointment with the lack of game slots.

But we have a great number of members here who are pretty talented with the modding, and perhaps someone here on the boards will be able to help you.

As well, please take it easy on the crowd here Michael. It's never nice when anyone loses their job. Needing money to pay for bills while feeding your family and out of a job is not pleasant.

Enjoy your stay here with our community, welcome to DarkMatters

:)

gogo

I'm sorry about your disappointment with the lack of game slots.

But we have a great number of members here who are pretty talented with the modding, and perhaps someone here on the boards will be able to help you.

As well, please take it easy on the crowd here Michael. It's never nice when anyone loses their job. Needing money to pay for bills while feeding your family and out of a job is not pleasant.

Enjoy your stay here with our community, welcome to DarkMatters

:)

gogo

Love this reply made me laugh out loud = P

It's like trying to buy a game and GameStop and they try to sell you the magazine and you say "Nah - thanks for the offer" with a reply of "Of course - glad you think it's a great deal - let's just add the few bucks for you to have it."

"Really man - I don't need it"

"Of course. I added it for ya"

HEHEH - I know that goes off on a strange tangent - but I think it at least backs up my real life LOL.

Already liking gogo from my short time here... stopping the hate with pure love.

Edited by Ostgar