I need a 56k modem sound effect

stubbie

Hey guys,

My wife is doing a project for her scrapbooking class and she wants to show part of it using the computer for the presentation.

She needs a mp3 or a similar sound format of the old 56k modem dialup sound effect for one section of the presentation where she is showing our family using our old computer. :blush2:

I have tried to find something on the net but all the free ones are of very poor quality.

Even the ones you have to pay for are not much better or they require you to spend lots of money to download a whole bunch of sound effects.

I was wondering if anyone might have that sound on a file that they could share with me. Or perhaps know of a good site I could get it from?

Hey guys,

My wife is doing a project for her scrapbooking class and she wants to show part of it using the computer for the presentation.

She needs a mp3 or a similar sound format of the old 56k modem dialup sound effect for one section of the presentation where she is showing our family using our old computer. :blush2:

I have tried to find something on the net but all the free ones are of very poor quality.

Even the ones you have to pay for are not much better or they require you to spend lots of money to download a whole bunch of sound effects.

I was wondering if anyone might have that sound on a file that they could share with me. Or perhaps know of a good site I could get it from?

Seriously... That's one bit of noise I really would rather not hear ever again..!

I did find a couple of sound bytes that should fit the bill and are annoying enough to drive everyone mad.. :D

Noize.zip

Enjoy at your own risk..!

Stubbie, did you find the effect? lol I remember this post going up so early this morning, I'm now curious as to how your search turned out for you and the missus.

:)

gogo

gogo, I just now came home from work and downloaded wolfie's file.

yayyy :yay: the one in the download called jason 2005 is just what my wife needs. :)

Gosh it really brings back bad (but nostalgic) memories of trying to connect to the net and hearing that sound over and over and over again.computer_mash_by_jibodeah-d37yo0p.gif

I am so spoiled these days with 24/7 cable access. :cool:

Thanks greatly for the help guys. :hugs:

yayyy :yay: the one in the download called jason 2005 is just what my wife needs. :)

Gosh it really brings back bad (but nostalgic) memories of trying to connect to the net and hearing that sound over and over and over again.computer_mash_by_jibodeah-d37yo0p.gif

Yer Welcome..!

Of course, you'd figger the MOST annoying one would be the one picked... :Just_Cuz_21:

Edited by wolfie2kX

Good job with that link Wolfie ^^

I know I got nuts without net access at home, glad there's a happy ending to your adventure!

gogo

Good job with that link Wolfie ^^

It wasn't that much effort... 5 minutes with Bing and viola.. 1/2 a dozen sound files with that wretched screeching.

Btw... For the moment, I'm switching to Bing. At least they vet their results somewhat while Google just dumps them willy-nilly on you. Sometimes that can be a good thing, and sometimes it can lead to trouble. Many of their image results these days are poisoned with fake anti-malware crap. Stuff most everyone can do without. Know what I mean?

I know I got nuts without net access at home, glad there's a happy ending to your adventure!

gogo

I think most of us here have the same sort of thing... I just don't see how you could play Sacred 2 online without it...