Online open or experience code?

I bought the UK gold version through this site and stalled and patched everything up and installed the cm patch. I was pretty sure with the cm installed you could play openet. I can connect and get into the lobby but I cannot create a game. I am using my old fallen angel char and made sure I patched to 4.43 before I installed blood on ice and patched that up to date.

If I cannot however join or create any net games with the cm installed, is there a code you can enter in the console like to make the game think it has more players in it? I remember playing D2 years ago and in single player you could type /players8 to make the game think it had 8 players so all the mobs would be stronger ansd more experience. Do we have any sort of command for this? Or maybe possibly an addition to the cm patch, to increase the stock games single player diff to 8 player?

Open net should work, alot of people (myself included) have had issues on making games on the open servers however. It seems last time I installed the game I could, but this time I can't. So, forwarding the correct ports can help, I can't remember them off the top of my head unfortunately, 7011 maybe?

Theres no command to fake the addition on players to the game though. You could always try running through the campaing quickly and jumoing to the next difficulty for that increase in difficulty.

Yeah it was the 7011 port error. Not sure what to do to fix it. Maybe because I`m in the US and I bought the uk version so I could get the blood on ice expansion.

It's likely a router issue. You need to make sure your router is forwarding port 7011 to your system and is not blocked. Check your router's documentation on how to get that done.

Yeah, as wolfie said, it will be the router. Check http://portforward.com/ for help if you can't find anything in your router documents, it will probably be able to help you.

I don`t have a router but rather a usb modem. The family I am staying with has verizon wireless internet and I just connected to the familys internet. They only have the verizon modem, no router either. So I am not really sure what to do since I don`t know much about that kind of stuff.

Yeah, as wolfie said, it will be the router. Check http://portforward.com/ for help if you can't find anything in your router documents, it will probably be able to help you.

I don`t have a router but rather a usb modem. The family I am staying with has verizon wireless internet and I just connected to the familys internet. They only have the verizon modem, no router either. So I am not really sure what to do since I don`t know much about that kind of stuff.

Hmm.. And how many computers do they have in the house that connect to the Internet by way of this setup at one time?

There are some lines in the balance.txt that you could tweak to provide the added XP & monster stats (HP, armour, attack & defence I think, not sure about damage) that additional players in MP bring. You could check the Balance.txt thread in the modding forum, I think that lists the lines.

They have 3-4 pc`s hooked up for internet. 2 are always connected the main house pc and mine. And 2 laptops that they just plug into the modem when they want to use the net.

Then you almost certainly have a router, although your modern may serve that role.

They have 3-4 pc`s hooked up for internet. 2 are always connected the main house pc and mine. And 2 laptops that they just plug into the modem when they want to use the net.

Then you almost certainly have a router, although your modern may serve that role.

It's likely a router/modem combo unit. There should be info on how to get into the thing and make sure the port is open either in the manual or online...

Not sure what else to do. Sacred 2 is the only game out of like 20 I have installed that I cannot to a game with. Before I got this UK version I was playing fallen angel on closed net and had no issues. Don`t really understand how internet stuff works and all this ip talk is like talking greek to an irishman. I`ll just play single player.

Not sure what else to do. Sacred 2 is the only game out of like 20 I have installed that I cannot to a game with. Before I got this UK version I was playing fallen angel on closed net and had no issues. Don`t really understand how internet stuff works and all this ip talk is like talking greek to an irishman. I`ll just play single player.

Read the model off the router/modem - it'll be on the back/base or if you're lucky right on the front. Once you know what it's called go to www.portforward.com as mentioned earlier, scroll down and you'll see a list of manufacturers followed by sub-lists of their router models. Find yours in that list and click it - they'll give you an Idiots Guide to portforwarding specifically tailored to the router you're using. Better still - once you've picked your model from the list it gives you a list of games they've already set-up guides for. If Sacred is in there, even easer. It's pretty straightforward if you follow their guide.

Read the model off the router/modem - it'll be on the back/base or if you're lucky right on the front. Once you know what it's called go to www.portforward.com as mentioned earlier, scroll down and you'll see a list of manufacturers followed by sub-lists of their router models. Find yours in that list and click it - they'll give you an Idiots Guide to portforwarding specifically tailored to the router you're using. Better still - once you've picked your model from the list it gives you a list of games they've already set-up guides for. If Sacred is in there, even easer. It's pretty straightforward if you follow their guide.

You can also speak with the Verizon Guys to help you to configure it.

I usta do that when I worked for TMobile coupla years ago; rather I pointed to how to open and close ports either through the software router stuff or through programs to do so for you.

If you're not a geek person it is usually best to have a trusted program open up certain ports or person to do it, cause peops that know more about it often use crazy ports that are dedicated to certain programs (in antiquity really) to backdoor your puter.

We had this dicussion awhile back.... I just found the thread and read thru it. Start with this to get an Open net server going.

From

locolagarto

I finally was able to create an Open net server.

1. I deleted all of my "rules" in the windows firewall for Sacred client and Sacred server.

2. I turned the Windows firewall off.

3. I created a rule in my Routers firewall to allow port 7011 for TCP and UPD for my Computer

I think the key here was the rule for both TCP and UPD for port 7011. I originally only had TCP and that didn't work.

Edited by Furian67

I myself don`t know enough internet connections to get this working. I will try contacting verizon like the one guy said and see if they can do it for me. For me to adjust router setting and all I would have to use the owners pc since I am just connected to them from a wireless modem. It`s better to let a professional handle it since I don`t want to cause any problems for the people I live with.

I myself don`t know enough internet connections to get this working. I will try contacting verizon like the one guy said and see if they can do it for me. For me to adjust router setting and all I would have to use the owners pc since I am just connected to them from a wireless modem. It`s better to let a professional handle it since I don`t want to cause any problems for the people I live with.

Sounds like a good idea :thumbsup: