Changing an item name and icons

I have been doing some slight modding to the game for my sp campaign. Mostly just visial changes of items so I like the way they look. I have been wanting to change the names of a few legendary weapons and I have looked through the scripts folders and locale folders but I cannot find anything that contains the name of the legendary and set items.

I also wanted to change a few icons around. I know I can just rename them but there has to be a file somewhere that instructs what icons go to what items. I want to find that file if anyone knows whats its called. I may be looking in the wrong place.

Any in-game text is stored in the global.res file which is compressed/encrypted so you can't just go in with a text editor & change stuff.

As far as inventory gfx goes, in the Skin.zip file there's an inventory folder (Skin.zip\datazicons\inventory), though I think those are the backgrounds for the inventory slots. So no, I'm not sure where the item inventory gfx are stored.

Any in-game text is stored in the global.res file which is compressed/encrypted so you can't just go in with a text editor & change stuff.

As far as inventory gfx goes, in the Skin.zip file there's an inventory folder (Skin.zip\datazicons\inventory), though I think those are the backgrounds for the inventory slots. So no, I'm not sure where the item inventory gfx are stored.

What do I need to edit that global file? I can open it and view it but it looks like jibberish. Is there a decoder or something?

How did the creators of the cm mod rename all these sets and install the icons for them? You say the way is through the global rez and you can`t edit it, but people have changed and added stuff. What program are they using? I found one tool online, winrezlt but it don`t recognize the sacred global as a rez file since the tool is older then the game.

• 10 months later...

The cm team managed to decrypt the .res file. I wonder if they've considered releasing their knowledge of the process or if perhaps its a little un user friendly.

Auch! I'm needing this! I try visual studio and Delphi but nothing :-(

Message them and ask, I know they gave llama access to their tools when he was modding stuff. I wonder if they would consider posting it as a download here...

How can I contact them? via this forum? I'm trying in the CM subforum...

Message them and ask, I know they gave llama access to their tools when he was modding stuff. I wonder if they would consider posting it as a download here...

You can PM czevak individually if you like, I plan on pmíng him regarding it in the future soon as well.

You can PM czevak individually if you like, I plan on pmíng him regarding it in the future soon as well.

Done. :-)

Waiting...

Thanks!