My new toy; Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers

Schot

Creative_Wireless_Speker_D100_img2__62782_zoom.jpg images.jpg

Well I just have to post about this lil baby. I saw this in a flyer a few weeks ago and thought it could be a great sound option for the kitchen while cooking and whatnot. It was only yesterday that I finally got around to picking one up and at about 60 bucks this speaker system is a steal. What I love most about it is how simple it is. Just three small buttons on the front for Bluetooth pairing mode with my Itouch and volume buttons although I just set the volume to maximum and then control volume via my Itouch. On the back it has an auxiliary in jack, power adapter jack and on/off switch. But the coolest part is all about battery power. 4 AA batteries is all it takes and runs amazingly well on just that. At first I thought I'd never use batteries because, honestly, how long could batteries possibly last in this? Well... I can tell you now a veeeeeery long time! I'm presently trying to drain them completely and their holding out strong. I ran it for several hours yesterday and today it's been running non stop since 10am. So far about 10 hours at about 70% volume. Even better is that I'm using rechargeables. Shame the power adapter/speakers can't recharge batteries but that's ok, I've got a recharger.

As for the sound it's excellent for a compact speaker box. Excellent highs and lows. Waaaay better than I expected in terms of sound. For me what really makes this a boon is it's ability to be a truly wireless unit. A lot of sound systems that claim to be wireless are often only meaning that sound is transmitted wirelessly but that you'd still have to plug in a power outlet. With this baby I can move it from room to room without even interupting the music or concerning myself with wires.

Really great "sound anywhere" option in my opinion. :music:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-Black/dp/B003N9SR00

It's VERY cool technology. Being able to make an isolated object, a portable thing like this, start radiating loud volume is like magic. When I first saw it I kinda guffawed did the whole eye rolling, here we go with technology thing again...but the single speaker is pretty decent with the quality it's convenience just can't be beat.

:)

gogo

I want one..........to put in the bathroom so I can scare my teenage daughter by saying "stop wasting water in the shower!"hairpull.gif.... from the comfort of my computer room. :D

Edited by stubbie

I want one..........to put in the bathroom so I can scare my teenage daughter by saying "stop wasting water in the shower!"hairpull.gif.... from the comfort of my computer room. :D

oooh, this speaker already has use as a tool of nefarious, caring parents.

Any more?

:devil:

gogo

Hehe...I could use it to freak my sisters... :P