Advice for a Newbie - Xbox 360?

Hey,

I'm hopefully getting Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel for the Xbox360 tomorrow depending on delivery times lol they've said 2-3days and tomorrow is the 4th day but nevermind :P but anyway I was wondering what kind of tips or guides can you tell me and help me to decide what character to start off with and what things I should keep an eye out for etc etc.

I've personally favoured all Warrior type classes in the majority of games, for the simple fact;

There armor looks amazing 9/10 of the time

They can use all weapons and I love Dual-Weilding beastly axes or swords, and specially swinging a big 2handed axe/sword

But the Inquisitor looks fun and intresting but I havent the slightest idea about them, are they a battle mage? or warlock kinda peoples I have no idea :/ I've played the first Sacred quite alot, I made a Vampiress and then a Gladiator ( I think thats the name) Vampiress was completely new to me and very confusing ;P the Gladiator was smoothe-sailing for me, id appreciate any help u can give me, even if non of those are recommended for starter's or what ever it may be any help or reply's would be great :)

And when I said "guides / tips" I ment something along the lines of ;

"Collect these there good to sell to a vendor"

"Dont forget to save ------ for when you get set items"

"Stick to this build for a starter character (less complicated)"

Etc etc if some of those dont make sence for Sacred 2 I apologize :P but thanks for reading :)

- Doz

Personally I think the Shadow Warrior is the easiest class to start with. I'd also recommend keeping 2 skills equal to your level with point distribution, its best not to spread your points around too much to start. The SW has pets he can summon and a turret he can drop that clears out trash mobs pretty quick when leveled and modded properly.

Inquisitor is pretty cool, he's got a spec line thats similar to sith powers. :) If you take Bargaining on him (and High Elf) you can find lightsabers for sale from the merchants on occasion as well. If you take an Inquisitor I would concentrate on his melee dps from the beginning (weapon skill + tactics lore).

Also remember that while its tempting to eat as many runes as you can, the cooldown time on your CAs is very important. Its great if you have nice big numbers for damage on your abilities, but its no help if you have to wait 55 seconds between uses. Keep your rune consumption low at the start and focus mainly on one line of combat arts to level. Once you get a handle on the cooldown time and have points in the focus skill for that CA line you can slowly consume more runes to boost the damage.

You're right about the armor (and weapons!) looking cool, there's some really nice looking pieces in the game.

Lujate - Yeah, there are lightsabers, but only junk/magic/rare, no unique or legendary.

@ Doz - I will agree with pp2 that the Shadow Warrior is pretty much the easiest to learn the mechanics of melee characters.

The Inquisitor is a "warlock" type character that is tricky to play because he is weak defensively... but has strong spells and isn't too bad with the pointy things either.

High Elves are the "battle-mage" of Fallen Angel... but weak defensively.

Seraphim are all-around good but are strongest in a hybrid/multiple-aspect playstyle.

Dryads are strong defensively, but can be tricky to get the damage up.

Temple Guardians... weak to start, but can "steam-roll" with the best of them in the higher levels.

Wow thanks for alot of tips and help! it's made me Decide shadow warrior for starters :P defo thanks :)

And also still more help would be grateful ;P

Game didnt come today ;[ gonna have to wait till monday... sux this weekend ;[

The lightsabers used to be in the console version anyway. TBH I used them on my first inquisitor and had the game lock up every time I played that toon. I was in contact with the Ascaron community manager and she was passing the info onto the devs but they said they couldn't find an issue. That said I haven't seen a lightsaber in ages at the merchants with my shopper toons so I don't know if they're still around. I assume so since I haven't heard anything about them being removed.

Save your armor set pieces in the vault when they drop, even if they're for another class. Skills to avoid on the console version: Blacksmith, alchemy, divine devotion, pacifism. If you decide to take the staff weapons skill, your damage modifier is INT (pretty sure of that, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Careful when you go to your menu. You cannot pause this game but you can access the menu. Problem is the world is still moving on around you and you will get jumped and perhaps die thinking the game was paused. Your survival bonus is huge in factoring your stats, experience earned, and quality of loot dropped. The longer you stay alive the higher it goes and the more you benefit. Dying will reset this bonus and you'll have to start over. If you wind up dying (and you will die, especially at first) DO NOT try to outsmart the game by shutting off the console or exiting to the dashboard. The game autosaves upon death and trying to escape the survival bonus reset will more than likely result in all your data becoming corrupted.

Don't ignore relics. They not only beef up your armor resistances but thats the best way to get points in your general skills without actually having to put points into them. Also pay attention to the mobs you're fighting in the different regions, generally you'll need to focus on 2 of the 4 resist types (aside from physical) per area. Adjust your relics accordingly. For what its worth I carry 12 relics on me at all times, 3 of each type. That way I can switch on the fly.

Other than that nothing comes to mind, just kick back and enjoy one of the greatest and most underappreciated games out there. See you in 1,000 hours. :)

Edited by pp2

Good stuff, pp2. I got some more tips for starting out, mostly because my PS3 died many times while I was hacking away at Sacred 2... and I did many, many, new profiles trying 'hardcore' type of challenges.

* Save your runes... they can be traded at the runemaster for runes you need. Since you probably won't need to eat more than 1 into each CA at the start, just save the rest until you know which ones you want to make.

* Start in Bronze difficulty until you have collected about 20 light health potions, then move to Silver difficulty. If you would rather stay in Bronze, I suggest skipping most/all sidequests (grey markers) and just do the main quest (gold markers) and maybe your "class quest" (blue markers).

* I usually modify my buffs first, then my "attacking" Combat Arts, then "defensive" or duration-based Combat Arts. Not a hard and fast rule, just a good rule of thumb.

* To start, I keep my weapon on the A button... but eventually I take it off the main pad and set it up on RT+A. Buffs I always put on my LT - setup, so as long as I don't hit LT I cannot deactivate my buffs by accident in the middle of battle.

* If you're online, I think the DLC with the carrier imp is available, but you may have to pay (not sure, not online myself). I would've loved to have this so I would suggest you get it if you can.... access to your stash in the field is probaly WONDERFUL. I think ;)

* Clicking the left stick will show magical hiding places, openable chests/barrels, enemy information and items on the ground. VERY handy.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... for now :devil:

Good stuff, pp2. I got some more tips for starting out, mostly because my PS3 died many times while I was hacking away at Sacred 2... and I did many, many, new profiles trying 'hardcore' type of challenges.

* Save your runes... they can be traded at the runemaster for runes you need. Since you probably won't need to eat more than 1 into each CA at the start, just save the rest until you know which ones you want to make.

* Start in Bronze difficulty until you have collected about 20 light health potions, then move to Silver difficulty. If you would rather stay in Bronze, I suggest skipping most/all sidequests (grey markers) and just do the main quest (gold markers) and maybe your "class quest" (blue markers).

* I usually modify my buffs first, then my "attacking" Combat Arts, then "defensive" or duration-based Combat Arts. Not a hard and fast rule, just a good rule of thumb.

* To start, I keep my weapon on the A button... but eventually I take it off the main pad and set it up on RT+A. Buffs I always put on my LT - setup, so as long as I don't hit LT I cannot deactivate my buffs by accident in the middle of battle.

* If you're online, I think the DLC with the carrier imp is available, but you may have to pay (not sure, not online myself). I would've loved to have this so I would suggest you get it if you can.... access to your stash in the field is probaly WONDERFUL. I think ;)

* Clicking the left stick will show magical hiding places, openable chests/barrels, enemy information and items on the ground. VERY handy.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... for now :devil:

Wow thanks for that, ALOT of useful tips there ima keep in the memory bank for when I get the game ;P I hope it comes soon ;/ but yeah awesome tips thanks alot! :) keep 'em comin keep 'em comin :P

If you can find a SPAM-able CA, put your weapon on the back page with your buffs and put that CA under your primary button. That way you can just hold that button down and get continuous CA/conventional attacks.

It's all good I got Sacred 2 now ! :D finally be able to put all your help into play :)

Got my game, finished work, now I get to enjoy my weekend ;P

It's all good I got Sacred 2 now ! :D finally be able to put all your help into play :)

Got my game, finished work, now I get to enjoy my weekend ;P

Enjoy it man, I know you will. Then feel free to scratch your head at the meh reviews it received.

Played it for couple of hours, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CAMERA VIEWS ;[ theres nothing wrong with it, on Console just turn the camra style to static and its like oblivion u can zoom in/out as close or far as u like, people making out that the camra is fixed at really CLOSE or really DISTANT.. what bull ;P

The games good started on Silver, attempted my first quest with a companion taking him for quite the stroll.. was mad wasted too many health potions on him lol and then I died because I was paying attention to his health rarther than mine lol.. his dropped too fast :/ but yeah im gonna try it again :D