Guide: How to create a dragon pet companion.

Ahh, forgot about it, here it is:

big0001.jpg

Dragon's FireBall after her older evil brother has a little fun. The fireball will fly across the battlefield and hit whatever on the path, it just a great skill for crowd control.

big0005.jpg

Dragon's Breath : Strongest skill, it kills everything so fast.

big0006.jpg

Dragon's Sneeze? I couldn't get the Dragon's ROAR since it just a big sound-wave attack that half transparent, you just have to see it for yourself.

big0008.jpg

Well, this is only for SP mode. I just love to have a pet dragon and this is like a dream come true, lol.

I tried Temple Guardian's beam attack, it looks good when I shrink the dragon's size to half of this, otherwise the beam will come out from her claw.

Btw, anyone manage to get Holy Wrath sword for Virtues set? I spent a whole day with modified balance.txt and I can find other part in the set numerous times, just not the sword. I am not sure it is even exist, lol.

Edit:

Here is the beam attack with her older evil dragon combine attack. Result? Lots of Roasted Pigs for dinner. Well, some turned into charcoal though T_T

big0003.jpg

Opps, forgot to post skill for this. She just wants a little attention. This is an inspiration from a certain char in the Witcher 2.

entry3 = { "sukkubus_firespray" },

big0004.jpg

Edited by Destructer

I just figure out how to do this easier and already posted the improve method. This will works for any buff skills for any character.

The problem with creating a download files is that it will overwrite spells.txt and creatures.txt files. It is much better to write an instruction so you can just modify it and not worry about anything in future regard updates of those files.

PS: I am trying to create a small party based, there are 3 buffs, so you can summon 3 different characters/creatures. I tried to make Sophia as companion, but she doesn't have any combat animation, so I used a generic Seraphim one.

Edit: The only downloadable file will probably be creatures.txt since it is copy/paste as in the instruction.

The spells.txt will be based on skill specific. I can make it belongs to DM class like familiar or protector skill. However, it is better to use the instruction since you can summon the dragon with pretty much on any buff skills.

Edit2: Just playing around with more models, I am now able to create another seraphim as summon, but unable to change her equipment. Using id 489 in equipsets to get almost full virtues, but unable to change them because I have no idea what the value in there. Anyway, here is a good picture of fireball and double goodness that is Seraphim.

big0011.jpg

big0001.jpg

Combine attack, Range + Rush In Combo ^.^

Edited by Destructer

Sorry for double post, kind of too long with edit, so just want to post more pictures.

I just did the fight with the octopus, really fun fight to watch like watching the movie. Even though I remember clearly how this fight turns out as I farmed this monster lots of time before when I played online, but this godzilla kind of battle make me really excite like I did in Oblivion. Anyway, here is some pictures, enjoy:

Getting a better look.

big0021.jpg

Face to Face stand off.

big0022.jpg

Tickling.

big0020.jpg

VICTORY!

big0016.jpg

Grandpa did a good job, now this place is a new nest for this small family.

big0003.jpg

Edited by Destructer

Wow, that's so cool! YOu're right..its is Godzilla fighting! lol I know that some peeps were trying to have fun with Kerr and bosses...but you've made it more creative by bringing a dragon into it. The pix are awesome.

A video would just be stellar

:)

gogo

Ok, I uploaded the file.

Here is the link:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/288-dragon-pet-companion-for-seraphim/

The creatures.txt is too big and I can't upload the rar file, so just copy/paste it.

For some reason, the dragon's attack is way too weak, maybe I overlooked some modified tokens in my spells.txt, so only 1 small size dragon for now. I initially plan to create 3 skills to summon small (permanent), medium (5 mins) and full-size (2 mins), but I guess you can play around with it for now.

Hehe, yeah. The beam's idea is pretty fun too, you should check it out. I love it when I am in demon's land and here is empty's armor everywhere, I just blast them all.

This dragon model is one of the most well done and beautiful dragon I have seen in my 20 years of gaming. I sometimes wish the dragon in The Witcher is this kind of model.

Now if only some one good with image can edit the color of the dragon, then every classes should have one. I want a golden dragon, remind me so much of Filia from Slayers.

Edited by Destructer

Talk with czewak maybe him whant to integrate this ideea is good for CM patch :thumbsup: and for summon dragon for all character in single and multiplayer will be great :thumbsup:

I doubt you will get the cm team to implement any changes like this. They aren't likely to change the basics of the game. You're best bet for this is to have it add onto the cm patch.

That's why I am more incline to post the instruction on how to do it. Files can be outdated with new update, but if you know how to do this, you can play around with it for your personal enjoyment.

Online playing is good, but I much refer to play offline with mods because I can do whatever I want. Still waiting for Legend of Dragoon's armor and more wings to fly with in Oblivion, lol.

PS: I am trying to create a squad of seraphim with energy hand gun, but it only work on the main seraphim model. However, the problem is I can't put new armors on her. It is really fun to have them go around and kill all the zombie while my main char have the divine spear and use laser beam attack to clear up fun.

EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yep. Looking good really. And what DB said; best leave these as standalones. I'm sure Llma would have some pointers in doing a CM-compatible mod. He's been fiddling with things around in great success.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this, How easy would it be to change the dragon to a human character (example, town guard, bandit, etc)?.

EDIT: I managed to create human companions, Thanks for the guide!

Edited by Jard

Thanks for this, How easy would it be to change the dragon to a human character (example, town guard, bandit, etc)?.

Nice heads up Jard, did you use same method as OP to create the dragon pet?

gogo

Nice heads up Jard, did you use same method as OP to create the dragon pet?

gogo

I couldn't get the id = 3000 part to work, It would create a black box that said empty on it. so I used an existing id = xxxx to get mine to work.

• 3 months later...

I hope this isn't a dead thread. I got frustrated with all the broken quests in KOA and figured I'd run Sacred 2 until Diablo 3 drops. I came across this and followed the directions but, alas, this does not seem to work for me. I'm up to date with every CM patch. Running v2.65.01 Any ideas what could be wrong?

UPDATE: Got it working.

Edited by eversole2nd