Sacred 2 Downloads - Sacred 2 Epic Office Quest Roster

File Name: Sacred 2 Epic Office Quest Roster

File Submitter: wolfie2kX

File Submitted: 03 Jun 2011

File Category: Fallen Angel Tools

And now, for something completely different...

This is a Word document that contains the entire list of the 89 Ascaron employees that are part of the Epic Office Quest in a handy, region by region format.

This handy document makes keeping track of those pesky employees a lot simpler if you're not playing with the CM Patch installed. And even with the CM Patch, it's still useful as the missing employees are quite evident.

To use this, you can either print out a copy on Legal paper (8.5 x 14" -or 215.9 mm x 355.6 mm) and use a pen (or pencil, crayon, sharpie, whatever) to check off each employee as you've found them or, you can simply make a copy of the document and use Alt-Tab to mark them off with an X in Word.

The document contains 4 columns.

1.) The number of employees found

2.) The name of the employee

3.) A quick note as to the location of said employee

4.) A space to make a mark when you've found the employee

The header and footer are even decorated in the Carolinga font - the very same font used by Sacred 2... To install it, you need to find the font file - it will be in either one of four possible locations:

For 32 bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\CDV\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\Locale\en_US

C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\Locale\en_UK

For 64 bit Windows

C:\Program Files(x86)\CDV\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\Locale\en_US

C:\Program Files(x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\Locale\en_UK

Simply find the Carolinga.ttf file and double click on it and then click the Install button at the top of the box.

Click here to download this file

A creative, and very useful tool to offer. Epic office quest has been known to drive players crazy with how huge the quest is :crazy:

Great idea here Wolfie!

:)

gogo

A creative, and very useful tool to offer. Epic office quest has been known to drive players crazy with how huge the quest is :crazy:

Great idea here Wolfie!

gogo

Yeah.. I made this a while back and even mentioned it when I wrote up the EOQ on the wiki. I put a couple of download buttons on the page to make it easy for people to find it from there as well.

I just saw your download button for the quest in the wiki, great! You know...this makes me think how more info from both the sites can be co-joined this way. Like for example, with item modifiers which I'm always seem to being stuck in...I was thinking lately of puttting in links to builds and maybe even downloads that use the item mods as examples to readers.

gogo

Let me begin by saying this is the first thing I have downloaded (excepting the CM patch). I do not want to sound ungrateful, but curiosity demands that I ask, "why legal?". It is not a problem, I just scaled it to 8.5x11 and printed it. I was just wondering.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Let me begin by saying this is the first thing I have downloaded (excepting the CM patch). I do not want to sound ungrateful, but curiosity demands that I ask, "why legal?". It is not a problem, I just scaled it to 8.5x11 and printed it. I was just wondering.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Well...

1.) I use legal paper for other projects so I had it on hand.

2.) It broke down into two pages this way. All the Tyr-Lysia, Artamark and Nor-Plat people fit on one page while the rest fit on page 2. No need to flip pages to find a name.

2a.) Trying to be green here - saving the forests and the like.

3.) I'm getting older, and by golly, I don't wanna read ultra-fine print.

Not a bad idea, I know that when I ran this quest I copied everything into a excel file and checked the boxes as I found them :)

Eh.. Excel works too. I'm more comfortable in Word myself...

Not a bad idea, I know that when I ran this quest I copied everything into a excel file and checked the boxes as I found them :)

Eh.. Excel works too. I'm more comfortable in Word myself...

So am I and I made a similar, if simpler (though not better) list myself back when I last did the Epic Office Quest (OMG, it seems like years ago!). But I never managed to finish as there were a couple of employees I 'found', but couldn't reach.

I have just reinstalled Sacred 2 after a break playing Dragon Age 2 (not room enough for both on my harddrive), an am looking forward to the 'employee hunt' again, but you have got me wondering how the CM patch effects matters?

This handy document makes keeping track of those pesky employees a lot simpler if you're not playing with the CM Patch installed. And even with the CM Patch, it's still useful as the missing employees are quite evident.

Does the CM patch make the quest more difficult, or are you saying that it makes the quest easier in some way? Since I am now playing with the CM patch for the first time.

Edited by podgie_bear

Actually... It kinda makes it easier.

1.) The CM Patch actually lists the employees you've found in the log book so you've got at least a count of the heads you've found you can compare to the paper list.

2.) The EOQ was moved to the class quest folder - which turns the rings around the employees blue. This makes 'em stand out like sore thumbs.

3.) Not quite 100% sure of the latest patch (v 0120) - but it seems a "bug" may have crept into this build. To make a rather complicated issue short, before you start the EOQ, every employee you find has a prequest quest - that's the ! mark over their heads. It's what triggers the inane commentary about checking out the swampbelly toads in the swamp region, how great Dyr Leigh is to visit, or other comment that they can't help you. When you talk to the guy in the office, all of those quests get marked as FAILED. This makes those comments go away and the employees are now able to give you the proper response - that they would like you to bring cookies or candy if you're going to meet up with them at the office. (Maybe that's why Ascaron went belly up? Their dental insurance premiums sucked their bank account dry? Just speculating...)

Anyhow... In the current rev, those prequests do not get marked as failed. The rings remain around the employees making them very easy to find - just go to the spot where the blue rings are. :D Actually... I'm not 100% sure if this is the case. The games I've loaded all exhibit this - but it could just be my installation or something.