Connection loss 10

Hi.^^Im finally back at sacred 2 and I improved my character a lot.

I will go straight to the point.I decided to go and play lan with one friend of mine.

We have the original game and we opent ports at our routers for hamachi.We followed every single

instruction but we still get connection loss 10-.-"

We both run the game on windows prem x64 and both of our game is full updated...

Now with this error we cant play lan and im really piffed off because we spend money to buy the game-.-

If someone knows a solution to fix this error it would be nice.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Hi katia :)

Unfortunately I'm not very technical at all :(

But could you list the exact steps you took or what guide you used? Maybe one of our more technical members can help you out

• 4 weeks later...

Hi katia :)

Unfortunately I'm not very technical at all :(

But could you list the exact steps you took or what guide you used? Maybe one of our more technical members can help you out

Hi sorry for not replying sooner.I was busy with stuffs.

Well I found the solution by myself.It seems that my chest was full of items and that was caused the problem.

So I cleaned my items in the chest and I didn't get any connection loss 10 :)

Well I found the solution by myself.It seems that my chest was full of items and that was caused the problem.

wow, what a fix ^^

And welcome back to the boards Katia!

:)

gogo

wow, what a fix ^^

And welcome back to the boards Katia!

gogo

I'm getting this connection lost (10) error, it happens quite regularly through the day or evening, roughly every hour.

I'm on a broadband cable connection.

I really don't want to lose all the unique items in my players chest, any other ideas?

I wonder how the items in the players chest could have an effect on network connection.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the threadcromancy,

But I am also having this issue on LAN play, even when the LAN server is just me playing by myself (IE my gf who I play with hasn't connected yet) I get a crash to main menu and an Error Connection Lost (10).

Whats most frustrating is that this occurs randomly between 2-15 minutes gameplay so just when I think it's safe to play the game crashes/disconnects.

• Like! 1
  • 8 years later...

I have nottried cleaning the chest but I am having the exact same issue. Now that I am reading this post I notived that this started happeningjust after I added a few items to the "shared" chest. Its not full though. It like 70% full.

Ill try clearing it and see what happens. 

And yeah. Im updating a decade old post.

On 11/6/2011 at 1:20 AM, Vagus said:

But I am also having this issue on LAN play, even when the LAN server is just me playing by myself (IE my gf who I play with hasn't connected yet) I get a crash to main menu and an Error Connection Lost (10).

Whats most frustrating is that this occurs randomly between 2-15 minutes gameplay so just when I think it's safe to play the game crashes/disconnects.

Happy to meet up with you here on the boards Vagus! We're Sacred's little community out here in this corner of the Univers.  

Enjoy the game and mods...

welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

4 hours ago, soymatiasbarrios said:

And yeah. Im updating a decade old post.

We looooooooooooove necromancy! Its exciting, often summons good answers, and every once in a while we get a huge KaBOOM! :bomb:  if the summong is not successful

:lol:

gogo

Well I have tried to clear the chest but it was the same thing. I barely play for a few minutes before getting this error again. :( The game has become unplayable for this.

Is anyone aware if the game logs stuff somewhere?

I found this. Seems related http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Server_Update_2.34.1

I have an idea of why this is going on. I see many peole stating that modofied game files have the tendency to break the game. And I just happen to sync the folder with Google Drive Sync. And previoualy to this, I deleted two old test chars withthe game menu BUT google drive asked if I wanted to delete them from the synced copy. And I said no. I think something like this might have broken my save files.

Ill try to rollback a few saves and delete the syncing app.

Update on 2020-Oct-05:

I have tried rolling back the game to the a previous version and it worked. I was able to play for almost two hours with no issues. But after a while of reaching the swamps again the game started crashing again. This is obviously a problem with the s2gs.exe ( http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Server_Update_2.34.1 ) where it is stated that the game will throw this error more often if any game file are modified. I have not modified any of those files manually.

It has nothing to do with the lan, nor the OS I am using ( Windows 10 ) as this is an old issue that has happened with many other users in different systems, configurations, and OSs. I am now reinstalling the game to test it again. The antivirus sftware seems unrelated as well.

Edited by soymatiasbarrios