Temple Guardian Help Needed

Okay so I just got Sacred 2 yesterday and my friend gave me this build for temple guardian that uses Deathly Spears/Fiery Ember so I think its a very high dmg Area of Effect mage or something with some armor lore so I thought it would be easy but now it doesn't make any sense also I would like to know like play style where to put attribute points and all that stuff for this build and just any other pointers people could give me because I don't really know what I am doing. The problem I cant figure out is it says Skill Choices in order

Level 2 Devout Guardian Focus

Level 3 tactics lore

Level 5 Source warden focus

But for some reason I cant get source warden focus and if I get source warden lore I think it messes up the build so I was wondering what I should do I am really confused any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I were making a Devout Guardian/Source Warden TG I would chose Source Warden Lore and Focus before Devout Guardian Focus and Tactics Lore.

Why? Because most of the Devout Guardian skills are weak in the early game. Especially Deathly Spears. What makes Deathly Spears godly are that it "pulses" multiple times. Not only does this require that you mod it out fully, but is still too weak with only the initial two "pulses". The third "pulse" first comes at CA level 16 and the vital fourth "pulse" (where the skill really starts to be fun) first comes at a whopping CA level 42 a CA level that will not be practical until at very least level 50 or 60.

The two melee skills aren't that hot early on either. Dedicated Blow is only good when it has near-instant regen and Battle Extension is just generally poor.

In contrast Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescense becomes quite useful at about the level 18 mark, granted you are fighting hordes such as kobolds, goblins, swamp undead and the like. This is probably what you should mainly be doing in the early games until Devout Guardian finally picks up.

For the skillplan I would say:

1. Source Warden Lore

2. Armor Lore

3. Source Warden Focus

4. Devout Guardian Focus

5. Tactics Lore

6. Warding Energy Lore

7. Constitution

8. Concentration

9. Combat Discipline

10. Either Toughness or Spell Resistance

Edited by Little Faith

If I were making a Devout Guardian/Source Warden TG I would chose Source Warden Lore and Focus before Devout Guardian Focus and Tactics Lore.

Why? Because most of the Devout Guardian skills are weak in the early game. Especially Deathly Spears. What makes Deathly Spears godly are that it "pulses" multiple times. Not only does this require that you mod it out fully, but is still too weak with only the initial two "pulses". The third "pulse" first comes at CA level 16 and the vital fourth "pulse" (where the skill really starts to be fun) first comes at a whopping CA level 42 a CA level that will not be practical until at very least level 50 or 60.

The two melee skills aren't that hot early on either. Dedicated Blow is only good when it has near-instant regen and Battle Extension is just generally poor.

In contrast Fiery Ember and Icy Evanescense becomes quite useful at about the level 18 mark, granted you are fighting hordes such as kobolds, goblins, swamp undead and the like. This is probably what you should mainly be doing in the early games until Devout Guardian finally picks up.

For the skillplan I would say:

1. Source Warden Lore

2. Armor Lore

3. Source Warden Focus

4. Devout Guardian Focus

5. Tactics Lore

6. Warding Energy Lore

7. Constitution

8. Concentration

9. Combat Discipline

10. Either Toughness or Spell Resistance

Well would fiery ember and icy evansescence be good at higher levels like 50 because I know deathly spears and fiery ember get amazing at high levels b/c my friend he has a very high level of the build I stated and he kills everything,

also what attributes would u suggest I specialize in I heard vitality and willpower were good but wasn't sure?

Hello, Spartan Panda!

As for attributes, with the TG, it is very hard for me not to put all points into Willpower. The main reason is that your energy shield (T-Energy Shroud buff) is based from your Willpower. If you're not using that buff, then go for Vitality and ignore the rest of this post. However, if you are using that buff, then...

Essentially, your shields act like hitpoints in that damage that gets past your resistances will be taken from your shields and hitpoints (50/50 to start). Vitality will add hitpoints to your character, but willpower will give you "virtual" hitpoints by making your energy shield stronger.

The explaination is a bit technical, but you can find modifiers to multiply your shield strength (Max. shield strength +X%), but you cannot find anything that will multiply your hitpoints... essentially giving the edge to Willpower for characters with energy shields (TG and Seraphim) who cannot decide between Vitality and Willpower.

• 4 months later...

Willpower also helps base spell resistance, but Vitality helps HP regen.

I have made a TG utility build with Bs and bargraning but deadly spears are useless in thiskind o f build

u gest need dmg lore so u will choose Tactics lore.

Until level 50 put you're pints in stamina,after stamina and willpower and as skills;

-armour lore,source warden both ,concentration,devout(gest for combat alert) combat discipline ,tactics,dmg lore,warding,constitution...

Keep the source warden at level and combat discipline after u equalize this put points in warding at 85 u must have it mastery,u stop with points at mastry no more needed.Before level 100 make mastery devout and at last before level 130 mastery dmg lore and concentration and u will be king of the map.

ANd after level 100 put points gest in willpower vitality =useless at 127 with my lost fusion build I have 19 k life and 36 k shield my advice don't use derogate at shiled use power.

For more details u can message me

Edited by smetia