New +1 Google Button - Click it if you like the page

I am seeing this new button at the top of the forum. It is a "+1" with mouseover text of "Click here to publicly +1 this". It just appeared today unannounced, so I am naturally suspicious.

Did I miss the memo on this one?

From what I understand it's a little like the Facebook 'like' button but for google....though I'm sure gogo or Schot will explain it soon.

heh, eeeee, oops sorry lol. This software just appeared in our email from Google, and we have been scrabbling around late last night trying to find a place for a meaningful approach to our community for this button. What we think it means is that if people +1 pages that they like or the main one at the first page of this forum, it adds to search engine helping for people finding information on DarkMatters, or Sacred or anything that's being covered in a post.

So...if you like something, just +1 it, and it adds to it getting ranked better by google.

:)

gogo

p.s. we're still trying to figger out where the buttons is gonna fit best and where peeps feel like they'd want to reach for it if they liked an article or something... it could be jumping around for a bit lol

p.s.s. Lujate, I added some more info to your topic title, we may as well use your topic for the info thread for DarkMatters for this.

I think I've read that if you +1 it the total number of +1's get shown in google search results and so you can kinda of get an idea of whether other people recomment said site.

Edit: Having said that I see nothing like for google search results for this site...although this is the text description for out site:

Sacred game and Dungeon Siege 3. Guides, builds, maps, downloads, wiki.

DS3 huh...?

DS3 huh...?

hahaha ooooh ... I was working with the Search Engine boxes for the site, I didn't know if we're going to be looking at Guild wars 2 or Dungeon Siege 3 as extra game, but DS3 is coming out in july, its looking like a good choice!

:bounce:

gogo