Seraphim Set Retex

Made some alterations to the one seraphim set. I thought it came out pretty decent so I saved them as the default textures to replace the originals. If anyones interested in them let me know. I didn`t see anywhere on the forum for uploading mods. I also used different leg armor for the set since I thought the garter belt for leg armor wasn`t a great idea to me.

seraserb.th.jpg

Looks nice. Something different from the original Niokaste's, which I find a bit plain.

Dunno how the download section works, never had anything to put up, really. I'm sure Gogo and others would lend you a hand there. ^^

Cool, I`ll make a few versions. For fallen angel and ice/blood with cm installed. I have a few other retexes of the same set I might put in as variant texture replacers if people are interested. I have a silver and gold set I`m working on that I am might use to replace the var2 files. I am going to polish up the textures though so the detail stands out a bit more and when I`m finished I will upload it.

Cool, I`ll make a few versions. For fallen angel and ice/blood with cm installed. I have a few other retexes of the same set I might put in as variant texture replacers if people are interested. I have a silver and gold set I`m working on that I am might use to replace the var2 files. I am going to polish up the textures though so the detail stands out a bit more and when I`m finished I will upload it.

This is awesome Hammer! Glad you can upload, and even variations! I always hope that a few people making wild mods like this inspire others too. Thanks for putting so much time into this.

:)

gogo

Thanks. I should have these done and packed up for use in a few days. You`ll get the exalted warrior set and three additional texture sets that will replace the default variants. Matching icons will also be included. This is just a texture replacer since I cannot create new sets. I wish I could though then I would create 3 new sets for the variants.

I'll be eagerly waiting. I like some nice text along with working stats for my sets. Maybe you could nudge the CM-crew for some pointers. And truth to be told, creating something entirely new is some serious work.

Just thinking about the all balancing is making my head spin. crazy.gif

I'll be eagerly waiting. I like some nice text along with working stats for my sets. Maybe you could nudge the CM-crew for some pointers. And truth to be told, creating something entirely new is some serious work.

I feel the same way about the sets. I like to wear a matched set of gear that looks good together. I have pictured set finished except the wings. The shield texture is done but for some reason the energy effect covers the entire face of the shield instead of the little parts it normally does. I took away the effect alltogether and made the shield shiny and it looks good but has no t energy fx on it. I tried for hours to figure out what they did and looked at the textures through different veiwers but each time I try to replicate it with a different color, I get the same effect. Soon as you edit the dx texture and save it the fx glow covers the whole shield. Not sure what to do about that. Don`t really bother me it not being there but some people will probably complain about it. I thought it looked goofy to beginwith.

By the end of the week it should be done.

I feel the same way about the sets. I like to wear a matched set of gear that looks good together. I have pictured set finished except the wings. The shield texture is done but for some reason the energy effect covers the entire face of the shield instead of the little parts it normally does. I took away the effect alltogether and made the shield shiny and it looks good but has no t energy fx on it. I tried for hours to figure out what they did and looked at the textures through different veiwers but each time I try to replicate it with a different color, I get the same effect. Soon as you edit the dx texture and save it the fx glow covers the whole shield. Not sure what to do about that. Don`t really bother me it not being there but some people will probably complain about it. I thought it looked goofy to beginwith.

By the end of the week it should be done.

Its to do with the alpha channel of the file...the dds files often have a separate alpha channel image which dictates reflection and the location of the t-energy effect. You can see this below in DXTbmp:

ss-1.png

This is Nikotaste's Sword which has the strip of t-energy running down the blade (the black section on the left of the dds file in the image above is where its located). The alpha channel on upper right of the imageis what controls where you see the t-energy effect effect however. Black means no effect, through to white means complete effect shines through with varying levels inbetween causing levels of effect brightness. I hope thats of some help to you.

You are a lifesaver dragon. I never really messed with importing and exporting alpha chammels. I usually have only worked with textures that didn`t involve that kind of working. Good info though, now the shields and wings are looking good.

I have the set done but I get an error when I try to upload instructing me to contact an admin. Anyway. heres the finished niokaste set.

big0006.jpg

Beautiful!

And regarding the error message you're getting, when we first got the downloads section, I remember Wolfie saying that he was getting that same error as well, when we troubleshooted, we figgered out it was happening because there is a choice that an uploader makes that does not complete the upload properly, which results in an error message and this happens as the interface can be rather unintuitive.

I'll see if I can track down Wolfie's topic about that, and, as well, send him a pm, to see if he can get to this topic to help.

gogo

I have the set done but I get an error when I try to upload instructing me to contact an admin. Anyway. heres the finished niokaste set.

OK.. As Gogo mentioned, I had a few issues like this when I first started out. The problem was I wasn't in the correct directory. The way the software module works is highly unintuitive. But.. It's what we've got to work with. So... Let's say you want to upload something into the Fallen Angel | Seraphim section. So first, you gotta click on the Downloads section at the very top banner. You'll see the Download Manager page. On the left, you'll see a smaller banner that says Catagories and below it you'll see various options. Click on the Fallen Angel catagory.

The page will change, and you will see additional sub-catagories. If you're uploading a set item, you'll want the Fallen Angel Items sub-catagory.

The page will change again, and you'll see a bunch of sub-sub-catagories. Stuff like "Fallen Angel Seraphim Items" Click on that link. This will open up yet another page change. At this point you should be here.

You can now click the Upload button on the top right side above the files and proceed with an upload. It will ask you for a filename, a screenshot and a more detailed description.

For best results be sure to make the file you're uploading into a ZIP file. For the "screenshot", Gogo and Schot would like it if you used the standard pic for a Fallen Angel chest - the same file used for the other archives in this section. You can include extra pics if you like by uploading additional files. The Filename should be whatever you used for the Zip file. The description should give the full and complete 411 on what's inside and how to use it. Keep it simple and to the point so the lowest common denomniator can figure it out.

hammer, hi, can you give me the link of the category you want to upload to. I will log in as you and then see if I can make the upload myself from your account.

gogo

hammer, hi, can you give me the link of the category you want to upload to. I will log in as you and then see if I can make the upload myself from your account.

gogo

I tried the fallen angel seraphim items link that Wolf linked. I tried his link and a manual one but noether worked.

Hi Hammer

I logged into your account, and was able to make a number of uploads. Do you have Flash enabled in your browser? You need it to make successful uploads.

gogo

Hi Hammer

I logged into your account, and was able to make a number of uploads. Do you have Flash enabled in your browser? You need it to make successful uploads.

gogo

Maybe it`s because I use firefox. My shockwave flash plugin is up to date and I still get the same error. Anyway heres the file http://www.gamefront.com/files/20421257/Niokastes+Retex.zip If you wanna take the file and upload it for me be my guest. I tried uploading in wanrar at first then tried winzip formats and both get rejected. Tried explorer 8 too and get the same error. So who knows.

Edited by Hammerhorde

Hey Hammer!

I just uploaded the file using your account, you can probably edit it (I hope) to add info about the file. This time while I was in the pre-upload screen I took a screenie for you...this is the screen you have to be on to make the upload for this file for Sacred 2 Items/Seraphim:

zlu43b.jpg

Cheers!

gogo

Yeah I`m on the right screen for uploading but when I add my files and and hit submit I keep getting the error. No biggie , I`m sure we wil figure it out sooner or later.

lol, this is the devil. I mean, if I log into your account, I can upload, and I'm using FF... so there is something unknown in play here... mystery :Just_Cuz_21:

Are you able to at least log into the file that I uploaded for you?

And if you still haven't figgered it out, but want to upload more files, no worries, I can do that for you. Just post the link for the file, with any description you wanted to add plus it's title, and we'll get it into the downloads for you.

Cheers!

gogo