Soo...about avatars?

Would anyone here want me to draw some busts for avatars? I've been sketching full body illustrations the last few days, but all I end up getting is a sketch. I'm just not ready to start drawing on paper full blast again, and I've always done busts (shoulders up) for practice, detail, blends, etc as well as getting back into drawing.

I'm just not sure if anyone would want any sacred busts; if not I'll go about and draw some random stuff lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily done. Unfortunately it will only be pencils (I don't currently have access to anything else...) and it will be a bust of types, though I may do something a bit more visual. The intention isto take some time on it; while I don't ever finish anything, I want it to look nice, so I hope you will end up enjoying it :)

Easily done. Unfortunately it will only be pencils (I don't currently have access to anything else...) and it will be a bust of types, though I may do something a bit more visual. The intention isto take some time on it; while I don't ever finish anything, I want it to look nice, so I hope you will end up enjoying it :)

Definitely no rush, and the only part that really matters is the helm style. I would prefer NO battle extension, as well. It's totally overdone with TG's, IMO.

Easily as well.

I'll do these two and see if anyone else would like something after that. Also can let people see what I'm tryingto do before they ask :)

Very fun busts, these two. Thanks!

Naw, no sculpts for now haha. I don't have enough sculpey to do anything serious with ;)

Pencil busts :)

But yes, I can do sculpts from photos, just it takes me a very long time...I'm no pro at any of the stuff I do lol.

Just an update

I've got the initial idea and sketch down for yours, Scott. The armor set is one of the TG's more brutal sets, so I'm doing the bust of a snarling temple guardian. So far I like it,. though I may end up drawing three of them and post them up to hear opinions on which one would the the best to choose.

wip_temple_guardian_by_art_of_omunall-d3iloas.jpg

First sketch, wondering if I should choose a different style.

Again, just the sketch process for the idea. I like this one the best so far though; he needs laser beam eyes...man...why wasn't he like this in the game:)

Edited by Omunall

Made some revisions, he looked fat and angry and not fierce. Still editing the expression though, need to re-work the back of the dominant eye.

wip_temple_guardian_by_art_of_omunall-d3ilq0r.jpgwip_temple_guardian_by_art_of_omunall-d3ilqrn.jpg

Second one is getting closer to where I'm wanting it to go.

I hope there aren't limitations to posting images?

Edited by Omunall

0a38eed8c914874ce09b52010d5e2d6d-d3ilsx6.jpg

Thanks! I'm still sketching around on it to iron out some of the base lines, but once I get done with it, the lighting and shaping will come about. I will have lots of fun with this :)

This is just an idea of how the avatar will be cropped, and I'm probably going to use one of the frames that Schot made to border it :)

Okay, another update. I am happy with how the design is presented so now I get to sketch out the drawing that I'm going to use. I'm going to have it from the waist up most likely, in something of a pose to give presentation, but also for use in an avatar. It will take a few days on this to find something I like,. but eventually I'll post up a more fleshed out image to show the progress.

That's a terrific image. You've added to the Temple Guardian's impression of threat and power. lol I ususally just see them as Pinnochios, they're not my favorite looking class at all.

:lol:

gogo

0a38eed8c914874ce09b52010d5e2d6d-d3ilsx6.jpg

Thanks! I'm still sketching around on it to iron out some of the base lines, but once I get done with it, the lighting and shaping will come about. I will have lots of fun with this :)

This is just an idea of how the avatar will be cropped, and I'm probably going to use one of the frames that Schot made to border it :)

Very nice. You have a great skill there.

I did art at school ( many years ago ! ) but was not very good at all.

One of the hardest things to draw, in my opinion, is a human skeleton. I tried many times to do a good one for art at school, but without any real success.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.

Steve. :)

I failed art as well haha. I actually learned to draw because of it (I still loath my teacher to this day, and draw beter than he does in more finalized images) Skeletons, human anatomy, car engines, etc. It's all pretty simple once you remember what everything looks like and how it's shaped, so you can move around the images in your mind. It is something you have to believe you will get to, and not something you can do straight out (there is no such artist alive that could always draw well, we all have to learn and sometimes it's going to take decades to get something down)

If you ever want to get back into the drawing, just do it! Thanks for the comments :)

Also, Pinocchio:) He is a cybernetic wolf robot of destruction!

Hahaha

Sorry, Omunall... I don't usually pop in here on weekends... hope I'm not too late ;)

The sketch looks awesome! I'm good with it as-is, but have 2 requests...

The texture on the face looks "scaly" to me... although I don't think much of that texture will be conveyed in an avatar due to the size, so no biggie...

Would you replace the axe with a Serpent's Tounge?

Cheers!

I failed art as well haha. I actually learned to draw because of it (I still loath my teacher to this day, and draw beter than he does in more finalized images) Skeletons, human anatomy, car engines, etc. It's all pretty simple once you remember what everything looks like and how it's shaped, so you can move around the images in your mind. It is something you have to believe you will get to, and not something you can do straight out (there is no such artist alive that could always draw well, we all have to learn and sometimes it's going to take decades to get something down)

If you ever want to get back into the drawing, just do it! Thanks for the comments :)

Also, Pinocchio:) He is a cybernetic wolf robot of destruction!

Hahaha

Thanks for the enthusiasm but you clearly don't know how lazy I am, hahaha ! :yawn:

Would you replace the axe with a Serpent's Tounge?

Cheers!

Great choice. That skin is of my favorites from the game.

Thanks for the enthusiasm but you clearly don't know how lazy I am, hahaha ! :yawn:

Oh yeah?

:whip:

gogo

Gogo's had lots of work getting people to work :P Poor poor schot...have you let him get any sunlight lately?

I will see what I can do far ya Scott. The biggest problem is that once I put lines down on the paper, I can't erase without damaging the paper, so when I get to blending I'll have uneven textures on the paper that can be a pain in the butt to fill lol. The scales are how I intended, once I clean it up there will be wires that make up the look like the metallic muzzle is in a permanent snarl, while the scales are more like metal plates. It should look better once I get the lighting on, nothing ever looks right in flat pencils.

I wish I had known about the sword before, I went over the lines for the axe something harsh...

Yeah I can't do a weapon change that drastic, the lines for the top of the axe went down too deep so I'll have to be able to cover it easier, and it's covering a huge area of the page...

The more I look at it, I worry that taking a sword would leave too much white area on the page. Generally I will pick the weapon before I draw the pose, so with a sword I would have gone a completely different route. I drew him huge here, and without a battle extention, I wanted him to look like when he does use a weapon, he hits hard, but otherwise it's the dedicated blow.

Sorry that I can't change it, if it were just planned to be a sketch then I would have been easily able, but I'm trying to test something for myself and the blend portion can't be interrupted :(

Edited by Omunall

That's all good, dude... I didn't think about a weapon when I asked, so I get what I get ;)

I figured the "scaly" look was just needing some love to look 'better'. I thought maybe you were going for a decaying flesh look (a la undead) but cybernetic texture definitly fits better!

TY for the update :cool: