Soo...about avatars?

Lol, I hope I didn't come off too harsh :(

I don't do requests or non-commission works for people but every two years, so it's sort of hard to get my motivation going. This particular one I want to do something interesting, to see how far I can go with the drawing, plan it out, and go for it as far as my paitence will allow it. (The only reason I've not posted an update of the image is that I'm out of smokes and very addicted to them...sooo...I'd hate to ruin the image with my anger haha). Trust me, you should like the muzzle when I'm done, it's just flat and has no metallic textures. It's not far off from how the TG actually looks, just more in detail as he now looks like a wolf and not a cartoon claymation character lol.

I do wish the sword was mentioned before, but I'll try and make sure you at least like the axe. I have the shape down but none of the design as of yet, so I'm going through designs for it. How about I at least try to post up a few sketches of the idea for the axe (the blade portions I'm not changing much, but the design, be it decorative on the blade itself, how the blades are mounted ((Which right now it's mounted in the wood which is boring and tasteless)) and thingof that nature) so you can let me know which way you feel is more appropriate for the image.

I hope I don't screw up the lines when I get to the detail stage, sorry it's taking so long :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I hope I didn't come off too harsh :(

Definitely not!

I don't do requests or non-commission works for people but every two years, so it's sort of hard to get my motivation going.

I kinda read into that...

This particular one I want to do something interesting, to see how far I can go with the drawing, plan it out, and go for it as far as my paitence will allow it. (The only reason I've not posted an update of the image is that I'm out of smokes and very addicted to them...sooo...I'd hate to ruin the image with my anger haha). Trust me, you should like the muzzle when I'm done, it's just flat and has no metallic textures. It's not far off from how the TG actually looks, just more in detail as he now looks like a wolf and not a cartoon claymation character lol.

I have complete trust in you, Eric! I would not be disappointed even if you put this project down, for any reason... It's just an avvy ;) Or should I say 'just' :)

I do wish the sword was mentioned before,

I actually envisioned just shoulders and head, so I didn't think about much else than the set I wanted represented.

but I'll try and make sure you at least like the axe. I have the shape down but none of the design as of yet, so I'm going through designs for it. How about I at least try to post up a few sketches of the idea for the axe (the blade portions I'm not changing much, but the design, be it decorative on the blade itself, how the blades are mounted ((Which right now it's mounted in the wood which is boring and tasteless)) and thingof that nature) so you can let me know which way you feel is more appropriate for the image.

Sounds good!

I hope I don't screw up the lines when I get to the detail stage, sorry it's taking so long :(

Deffo no worries... I'm sure when you are finished, I'll be all :wub:

Lol, does it really seem like I never do requests?

Anyway, I like the image from what I managed to put on it last night. I'm trying to find a way of doing a few more interesting things with it, especially with the T-Energy thing that the T-G has going for him. I'm trying to practice with blending before I even touch this particular drawing, in hopes to find out exactly where I'm at with traditional.

Hey,sorry for disappearing and all that in the middle of the work haha.

I'm not sure how often I can get to sitting down with the pencils, and the size of the image is awkward for an avatar so I got a program for my Nintendo DS and tried it out; liked it enough to attempt this picture with it.

The pencils are taking too long and it's friggen hot outside, and inside is sitting around 85-90, so I'm getting sweat on the paper (I know, tmi) but I'm afraid to work on it. This is the start of the image I'm going to try to do digitally, and trust me even though it's on the DS I think I can get something worth a crap outta this.

It's from memory of the drawing, but it's way off...soo...I'm going to have to reference to get it back to the same look.

tg_colors_wip_nintendo_ds_by_art_of_omunall-d3jmtuf.jpg

See, Temple Guardians need to look more like what you've drawn. Snarly vicious. :P

Btw, I've pretty much decided which of your OCs I want to draw, and am already putting something together as we speak. :)

Edited by Aegis

Yeah? Who are you picking?

Anyway, here is an update, trying to shape some things. It's been awhile since I ran one layer for everything lol, trying to figure this out.

tg_wip_nintendo_ds_by_art_of_omunall-d3jmy30.jpg

Sounds great! The two are a pair, andfor meare loads of fun to draw...I just hate drawing the damn spikes...

But again, Mosh is my muse. It's more like a ghost I guess, has no specific form, just features and colors. I tend to make him thing and lanky or huge, but feel free to make him fat, mechanized, etc. Nara looks the same as the other images, but with a mechanical right arm.

I'm still deciding on the OC I'm wanting to pick, and what medium. I'm testing this paint program out and it's actually quite powerful, and pretty accurate. My pencils are more clean, but I like color haha. IF this TG turns out well then I'll know I can do details with it, so I'll end up wanting to play with it more. So far what I've done to it since that last update, it looks good.

What I have now looks way better now that I'm understanding this program, and I do think it can do a lot more than I'm even giving credit for haha.

Lets see how it turns out :)

I guarantee you that I'll be giving you pencils. :D

You know, if there is one that fits your criteria the closest, it would be Fractal. He's male, he's evil, and while I've described him as slim, I have drawn him muscled and bulky the first time, so that could work for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've not been back for a bit, had a lot of things going on. I'm going to try and finish this one up and work on the other, got these two done yesterday/today to practice:

nintendo_ds_contest_entry_by_art_of_omunall-d3snpn7.jpg

8e59b2e1a5cab69232055bc9562f86a7-d3rhkl1.png

Getting used to it so far

The way the light from the DS slightly distorts the arm in the background is fabulous

:)

gogo

http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/details/55512-Darkness_and_Imagination_WC_Entry_by_Omunall.php

If youwant to try and wrap your mind around how I draw it, watch this lol.

I still don't understand how I draw, it's chaotic and I tend to change the image in the middle of nowhere lol

I like the anatomy, especially the muscle tone, I like the choice of colors you used, and as far as your Muse is concerned, it was fun watching you constantly scribble and re-scribble poses, then color in only to change the head in the middle, complete with flat out removing Mosh' jaw in favor of that tongue. :D

Both your DS-obsessed fan-goblin and your latest incarnation of Mosh are great. Just one comment with Mosh. Where are his spikes? o.o

Just watched the vid and I'm at a loss for words. Expected a much different process. But hey I can't draw so what do I know. Simply incredible to watch the progress from start to finish. Great job :thumbsup:

Cool video. I love how the image starts of as a bunch of scribbles and then just develops.

Yeah, I got a huge kick out of this as well.

In the mind of madness!

:crazy:

gogo