Elder Scrolls - Sky Rim

I'm very much looking forward to this game, but it will have to be on pc. The new consoles are a bit pricey for me !

Whilst I love the beautiful graphics of this game, I sure hope the gameplay matches the looks, as that is what will make me play for a long time tbh.

Steve. :)

I know what you mean by the gameplay. The second trailer I posted is long, but it's a pretty detailed walk-about for the game unearths a ton of goodies.

lol, and did you see the dragon pick up one of the toons and toss him away?

HOLA!

:oooo:

gogo

lol, and did you see the dragon pick up one of the toons and toss him away?

HOLA!

:oooo:

gogo

They should have put a warning sign on the gate.

" Beware of the dragon"

You wouldn't want to be a postman on that route ! :o

You wouldn't want to be a postman on that route ! :o

lol, my uncle's a postman, I'm gonna tell him ta stay clear of this game!

:4rofl:

gogo

With the Elderscrolls games being so indepth, I wonder how they'll fit all the controls onto the handheld controller ? The keyboard is usually fully loaded as it is !

I gotta be honest. I've always thought, while the elder scrolls series had the most incredible content only second to an MMORPG...this is the first and only game I've ever seen that looks quick, fast... in fact, it looks like it could compete with the sacred franchise.

hmmm, I wonder what their builds are like

:)

gogo

With the Elderscrolls games being so indepth, I wonder how they'll fit all the controls onto the handheld controller ? The keyboard is usually fully loaded as it is !

Controls actually fit fine on a gamepad (if they keep the oblivion layout), d-pad can hold 8 hotkeyed spells/weapons/potions or poisons, left trigger = block while right is attack, right bumper fires currently equipped spell, and one button leads to a menu w/multiple tabs, navigable via triggers, with submenus being selected with the control stick/d-pad. Other than that it's a button for jump, one to interact w/ everything, and one take out/sheath weapon. forget what left bumper/L1 does as I haven't played it in a while lol. All in all I think they did a great job with gamepad layout so far.

Controls actually fit fine on a gamepad (if they keep the oblivion layout), d-pad can hold 8 hotkeyed spells/weapons/potions or poisons, left trigger = block while right is attack, right bumper fires currently equipped spell, and one button leads to a menu w/multiple tabs, navigable via triggers, with submenus being selected with the control stick/d-pad. Other than that it's a button for jump, one to interact w/ everything, and one take out/sheath weapon. forget what left bumper/L1 does as I haven't played it in a while lol. All in all I think they did a great job with gamepad layout so far.

Thanks for explaining that.

I guess you have to be pretty dexterous and end up with thumbs like the Hulk, lol !

Looks awesome, cant wait for release day :)

Controls on oblivion for console were fine, so I assume they'll keep them more or less the same for this. Although navigating through the inventory / quest logs was a bit of a faf.

will have to get a new PC for running this though my old laptop just not gonna cut it. Plus I want to be able to create my own mods for it, which I really missed from morrowind after switching to console for oblivion.

Sigh... Oblivion. I played on the PS3 for quite a while, finishing the game with both a level 10 and a level X (forget how high I took the one JOAT). Good game, but with serious flaws, IMO.

I wanted to like it so much, I think I sunk 800 or 1000 hours into it. :whistle:

But, at the end of the day, I just couldn't get over the targeting system for the spells (biggest complaint is lack of 'homing' on missle spells) and the levelling up system really sucked as well. Maybe some of the expansions / dlc / mods fixed some of that, but I was on console; I think my biggest accomplishment with the game was to push my Luck to 100 :tongue:

This game looks like it could easily be as much of a time sink as Sacred is. This is absolutely a stand-alone, right? If it is, their design must have been on roids, we're talking a lot of content, with a whole new combat system.

gogo

As much as I love the Elder Scroll games, I will not be buying this one. With Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian/Bethsoft started usin Steam for their DRM. And I positively REFUSE to put Steam on my system. As far as I'm concerned, it's nobodies darn business what I do on my PC and Steam, IMO, is just corporate sponsored spyware.

As much as I love the Elder Scroll games, I will not be buying this one. With Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian/Bethsoft started usin Steam for their DRM. And I positively REFUSE to put Steam on my system. As far as I'm concerned, it's nobodies darn business what I do on my PC and Steam, IMO, is just corporate sponsored spyware.

Oh no, that's terrible news. I won't want to have to deal with Steam again............that's a real toughie as I love Elderscrolls so much, geez.

Is it a definite that Skyrim will be on Steam ?

The other thing that bugs me is that whilst if you go to a shop and pick up a game you can read the box and see for yourself whether you have to use some one like Steam, online companies don't tell you so you don't know about having to use Steam until the postman delivers your game !

Steve.

Is it a definite that Skyrim will be on Steam ?

I would like confirmation on this as well...is Skyrim ONLY coming out on Steam?

:blink:

gogo

Looks good indeed. But I'm still going to go with mostly PC. Not gonna get a console 'cause of couple of games.

Also from what I've gathered it should come as a dvd too, so no Steam exclusive pains or anything. At least it's on pre-order in Play.com

Also from what I've gathered it should come as a dvd too, so no Steam exclusive pains or anything. At least it's on pre-order in Play.com

Good news, at least with confirmation on it being on play.com, that means hard copies will be had

gogo

It doesn't matter if you buy a hard copy of a game, if you have to then activate it on Steam.

That's what's worrying me.

I'm more than happy to buy an niced boxed version of the game, especially if it comes with a super-duper cloth map 'n' all, but I won't want to go near Steam just to be 'allowed' to play the game I've BOUGHT ! * throws toys outta the pram * :viking: