Why can't I get into this game?

Did anyone ever have issues getting into this game? I still play Sacred 1 more than I do Sacred 2, mainly because I just can't seem to get rolling. I'm not even sure what it is, mainly I just keep re-starting and playing a different class before I get to level 40 haha. I feel bad because I've logged in about 8 hours into the game since I've owned it this time around...last time I put in a fair amount before the system died (360)

EDIT--

Also seem to be having this issue with every game I own now that I think of it haha. I can't enjoy any of them :(

Edited by Omunall

Well, as a matter of fact, that happened to me in the past. But that was before my current setup and most importantly Blood & Ice and CM-patch.

Now I really like playing it, whenever I have, say 3-4 hours time to play. :P Which is quite scarce nowadays due work and other things...

Did anyone ever have issues getting into this game? I still play Sacred 1 more than I do Sacred 2, mainly because I just can't seem to get rolling. I'm not even sure what it is, mainly I just keep re-starting and playing a different class before I get to level 40 haha. I feel bad because I've logged in about 8 hours into the game since I've owned it this time around...last time I put in a fair amount before the system died (360)

EDIT--

Also seem to be having this issue with every game I own now that I think of it haha. I can't enjoy any of them :(

Sorry to hear that mate.

What other games have you tried ? Also, do you only game on the Xbox 360 ?

Steve.

I couldn't stop playing, lol.

Sometimes having your console/system bite the dust is a good thing? :tomato:

Yeah... shame on me for thinking it.

Currently 'avoiding' getting it (Sacred 2) on PC although when the weather turns cold again, I will have more time to play... and I will probably end up getting it. Been playing the original and it's not sucking me in as much as Fallen Angel did.

EDIT--

I can kinda understand the sentiment. With Sacred 1, there was a more <gasp> engaging plot... There's a plot going on in Sacred 2, but it's not nearly as well defined as it was in Sacred 1. Maybe it's just that the plot for Sacred 1 was a bit simpler, more obvious. You're good. Shaddar's an evil arse, who summoned a Sakkara demon and it's your job to stop them.

In Sacred 2, you could be good or evil, there's some sort of political intrigue thing going on, the people aren't too thrilled with the current status quo. But there's no sense of urgency. Somehow, you just know that nothing is going to happen until you get to the Great Machine at the end and then there's a show down. But the ending kinda sucks - it's a major letdown compared to the epic ending of Sacred 1.

Never the less, if you give it a chance, and try to get into it, it can be compelling - especially on the 2nd run through. By that point, you should be familiar with the plot points and you might find you missed something or things on the first run through.

Well I've beat Sacred 2 plenty of times on the 360 but now I'm purely PC gaming. I have Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Bioshock 1 and 2, Borderlands, Deadspace, Sacred 1 and 2, Never Winter Nights, Spore, X Blades, Devil May Cry 4, Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion, and a few others (Silverfall, Magicka, Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light, and a couple others I can't remember). The problem is that I just can't really sit down with any of them.

Sacred 2 is by far my favorite, but I sat down with my little DS lite last night and had a blast. Perhaps I'm longing for how things used to be? More simple, straight forward gameplay. I miss the difficulty of Megaman, the goofyness of Mario, and there are tons of involving RPG's on the DS that I still love to play. I think it's a problem of time consumption as well...also my multiplayer partner (My wife) had a hard disk failure...so now I'm a bit put off on PC gaming...but the issues with not getting into them has been around for some time. I don't think it's a story issues, it's just the gaming in general.

Man...I hope I've not lost the urge to play! All I want to do is draw fanart, and even that I have no time for :(

I have the similar problem but not crisply same.

When my expectation to games be too high, it would be too weary; otherwise it would be tedious.

I love Oblivion, that's a game can realize my dream which other games crisply can't, but I would need to put so many efforts into it.

First it can switch between first person camera and third.

Then, I pinched out a(捏出了个) girl that makes my heart beat.

I want it have 1:1 time scale as real time life. I want both jump and kick (like Dark Messiah) and the kick had almost been realized by Deadly Reflex mod.

And infinite clothes, landscapes, animations...

But then I be so greedy to want more, I found all the things which can be fetched in the near future can't cater all my yearnings so the best way is to create models, textures, by myself, and even to script, to code. This idea means I need to reparticipate college study three or more times, one for 3-dimensional game programming, the second for 3-dimensional modeling and the third for plane art designing (drawing fancy pictures ;) ), but my work is so busy and I'm so poor I need to earn money, and I had become an adult who has so many duties to undertake, and another thing, the most important, I originally wanted to play a game in my limited spare time rather than being a study manic! :lol:

So I said bye bye to Oblivion several months ago, although temporarily, because that's still a place where my dream could (maybe) realized.

Sacred 2 is such a different game, which does not need me to reparticipate college graduate examination 3+ times, which could solace me immediately when I do not have much time, but a little time to roost my spirit away from the relatively tedious and weary real life. The joy is instant but effective and impressive. But my least wish couldn't be realized in it, my most urgent yearning for it is to have a first person camera control, beating the monsters a million times shouldn't be an annoying tediously repeating I expected from a game, and just the first person camera control can vanish that because I could then look into the fantastic graphics in more details. I could look around the walls, windows and doors when I walk through an alley in a town and I could see how funny a kobold's facial expression could be when he get raged while I beat him, and more... :D

If refered to Sacred 1 I wouldn't want first person camera so much because its graphics aren't so gorgeous (actually because it's 2-dimensional how could it be in first person camera :sweating: ).

But it is because Sacred 2's graphics are so luxuriously charming (in some aspects more vivid than Oblivion's initial release without any mods in my opinion) which makes me feel so pity that it keeps the first person camera's possibility out of reach, sighing :lol:

Edited by talveolus

Tough question. I cannot really say why Sacred 2 appeals to me. With all its bugs and quirks, it should be a non starter. There is something that I cannot put my finger on that keeps drawing me back.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", as the saying goes. I for one, thought Oblivion was lame.