Coffee on my keyboard - halp!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... my new cool, cool, first ever wireless keyboard (which I got for Christmas)had (lol, course it wasn't my fault! :P) coffee spilled over it. There was just milk in the coffee, so I guess the damage isn't as bad as it could be, but a few hours later, the numeral buttons along the top are gummy, and I'm not sure how to fix this.

Has anyone ever cleaned up a keyboard properly, is there any hope?

:cry:

gogo

Oops, that's a bit of bad luck there Gogo.

You can see why I love my paper kitchen towels so much ?

Hope the damage isn't permenant and you can get back to sticky free gaming.

Good luck,

Steve.

Just get a button layout visible and pick up the keys one by one and clean with your fave stuff.

Have done that few times for dust out & and leftovers. :P With some DIY-spirit you should be okay. ;)

Normally I would say buy a 5 euro keyboard and wash and dry the wet one for a week. It allways depends where and if integrated circuits are in the keyboard.

Since my wife is a doc and we have 5 kids, our keyboards are normally washable, able to be desinfected with chemicals, ...

Would you place a pizza on a toilet seat and then eat it? Tests showed that keyboards have more germs than a toilet seat, So by spending a bit more money you can buy a washable., okay it may not have all the gaming gimmicks, but at least it is healthy and quite robust. Our oldest washable keyboard is now 9 years old.

Normally I would say buy a 5 euro keyboard and wash and dry the wet one for a week. It allways depends where and if integrated circuits are in the keyboard.

Since my wife is a doc and we have 5 kids, our keyboards are normally washable, able to be desinfected with chemicals, ...

Would you place a pizza on a toilet seat and then eat it? Tests showed that keyboards have more germs than a toilet seat, So by spending a bit more money you can buy a washable., okay it may not have all the gaming gimmicks, but at least it is healthy and quite robust. Our oldest washable keyboard is now 9 years old.

Eeeeew, too much info'................I'll never look at a pizza the same again !

Let us know how you get on Gogo.

Steve.

As a teenager I was more into Nietzsche too: Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker - What is not killing me makes me only stronger. So I never cared much about cleaning a keyboard, or washing apples I picked from a tree, ...

Things change once you have kids.

My favourite quote from Nietzsche is: Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum. Without music life would be mistake.

About that las quote, I couldn't agree with you more, chattius! It's almost like the air that I breath, to underline the significance of music for me. Well, maybe a bit exaggrated, but you'll get the point.

And as a batchelor, that's quite my motto too. Would be a different story if I had any kids around, but as things stand, I'll go with the less clean style. (should really dust out some time soon...)

Oh, and hopefully you'll get your keyboard sorted out, Gogo. Gotta be thankful I've only ever gotten some crust and dust in my keyboard. :P

Oh, and hopefully you'll get your keyboard sorted out, Gogo. Gotta be thankful I've only ever gotten some crust and dust in my keyboard. :P

Cookie crumbs are a common visitor to my keyboard !

Steve. :)