Good to be a Bostonian

Since I've been alive Boston has been the home of sports heartbreaks. Some of the most devastating championship losses have occurred to our teams in that time. Or the team was simply so bad it never made it to the finals. Except for a few titles by the Celtics (basketball) we hadn't had a title since the early 70's. But since 2000 here's what my teams have accomplished

(Baseball)

Boston Red Sox: 2004 (ended 86 year drought) and 2007

(American Football)

New England Patriots: 2001 (first ever championship), 2003 and 2004

(Basketball)

Boston Celtics: 2008 (first since 1986)

(Hockey)

Boston Bruins: 2011 (first since 1972)

All four major teams have won within the last 7 years. And 7 titles in the last 10 years. After suffering through all my childhood and most of my adult life I can finally really really smile when I think of my teams

That's nice to hear mate.

Where I live we are starved of sporting success.

The only thing we do well in the west of England is rugby union (I'm a Bath fan). After that, our football (or as you like to call it - soccer) is a disaster (I'm a fan of Bristol Rovers, but none of our local rivals have much to shout about), the cricket (Somerset is my team, but we also have Gloucestershire in the west) have had limited success and pretty much everything else is just way behind the rest of the country.

We need one of them Russian billionaires to take over Bristol Rovers and turn them into the new Chelsea, lol ! .............fat chance of that, as most foreigners think that the only city in England is London ! :whip:

Hey Knuckles, don't forget that Boston also do a mean tea party ! :P

Edited by cider_steve

Hey Knuckles, don't forget that Boston also do a mean tea party ! :P

How could I forget :)

Believe it or not, one of my ancestors was actually part of it !

• 3 months later...

I know it's a little late (since the new season is starting in a couple days) but I'm congratulating you on the Bruin's win last season! I was cheering for them even though I'm not specifically a fan. Red Wings fan here, but I wanted the Bruins to win because I felt they deserved it! And now seeing how poor Vancouver's behavior was post-game I'm extra glad Boston took the Cup.

BTW, Chara is awesome.

...Stinky Canadian Teams :tomato: Don't kill me, Gogo!