Just a little 'test' vs dkay. Char's level is 105, platinum.

I'm very bored with him (he's overpowered) and gonna export him into a singleplayer save for a long (it seems) time :)

holy crap that's amazing! I'd never be able to play such a character. way too risky for me. I mean, I do realize WIDD combined with pain and life leech (you ARE using them, aren't you?) is awesome, but I don't think I'd be able to manage it well. in my hands, it would probably be a monumental screw-up. :P

p.s.: nice, love cage the elephant. :P

holy crap that's amazing! I'd never be able to play such a character. way too risky for me. I mean, I do realize WIDD combined with pain and life leech (you ARE using them, aren't you?) is awesome, but I don't think I'd be able to manage it well. in my hands, it would probably be a monumental screw-up. :P

p.s.: nice, love cage the elephant. :P

Actually I'm not using life-leech :)

I rely purely on defense rating (boosted by stoneskin, flameskin, agility, parrying and a few items), ranged block from fireskin, block spells from items and shield wall. And if something is getting close, flameskin+whirlwind combo one-hits it :) But I do make backups of my characters to preserve SB. Since I'm playing over Hamachi, there can be lag, hostile players (a very rare encounter) or just some high-level characters ran by and all mobs in the area suddenly became somewhat around level 160-180. But this is not necessary if you're cautious enough. This toon died only two times (and was successfully 'rolled back' even though I had to level up through a few lvls again): the first time it was huge lag thanks to orla + dream netting combo worn by party member in the VoT :) The second one was when fireskin (main defensive spell) worn off when I was mobbed, I couldn't even cast my uber-spiral to win some time :(

Sooo many questions, so little time... OK just one thing I HAVE to know...

How did you get to such a low HP-level without dying? Is that "Each hit drains own life energy"? But it doesn't reduce you lower than 1?

I haven't really delved into WIDD yet, still getting the jist of the mechanics and whatnot for now.

Great vid! Big fan of Widd here from the old days in the Sacred HC servers with Schot running around with his red line builds and scaring everyone in the party :oooo:

Those original game mechanics were just amazing. Thanks for this great video, ololcat, wonderful blast from the past.

:thumbsup:

gogo

How did you get to such a low HP-level without dying? Is that "Each hit drains own life energy"? But it doesn't reduce you lower than 1?

Yes, that's it (and really good thing that it can't kill your character, it just leaves his HP at 1, very risky though).

You can notice that I switch into fourth slot (there's a club with 'self-damage' ring socketed into it) in the beginning and then switching back to fifth slot (book of wisdom + ulukai's mask).

Great vid! Big fan of Widd here from the old days in the Sacred HC servers with Schot running around with his red line builds and scaring everyone in the party :oooo:

Well yeah, same here :) When I'm playing in party and there are BMs or WEs, they're always trying to heal me :D

Well yeah, same here :) When I'm playing in party and there are BMs or WEs, they're always trying to heal me :D

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. possible to upload a copy of the build?

Well, I planned to get him to 216 to upload, but..

Okay, I'll upload it now and re-upload (if possible) once he'll hit the level cap :)

I want to get a friend of mine to play fire widd daemon, so he could cast Infernal Power on me. Also, it would be nice to have a dwarf with high-level battle rage (of course if he's able to cast it on allies).

Just imagine that build being boosted by level 510 daemon's IP combo (it would be something around +2500% fire damage). A dwarf's lv 510 rage combo could add almost 1300 of WIDD :sweating: That's what I call damage :D

how much WIDD did you have on that character by the way?

480%

Edit: I uploaded the toon, so you can try him yourself :)

Edited by ololcat
  • 5 months later...

Update: he's now level 118.

Here's the vid, showing him slaying two versions of dkay dragon; first one is "vanilla", the second is from "Veteran Mod" - new hardcore mod for those who find the game way too easy :P

Beautiful work!

lol, pacman music. I forgot how just more exciting and fast original sacred is than sacred 2. Almost like arcade action game.

Did you ever try using voodoo doll with this kind of build? Schot loved Widding with fire and byleths set to get burning bone and Widd together.

I'll see if I can pull up some videos of his widd byleths, course, he'd love it when his screen went red which would happen often with most everyone screaming out asking if he was okay cuz his life meter kept jumping up and down so erratically on the servers!

:lol:

gogo

Thanks, gogo. The tune is actually from Super Mario Bros :)

Regarding Byleth set, I tried to replace pieces of good old Amarri with Byleth and Blackstaff (for fire and magic damage boost), but increase in "raw" spell damage wasn't big enough to justify loosing "Secret Damage".

And why would I want to cause DoT when almost everybody in vanilla Sacred dies in one hit? :)

Edited by ololcat

I think he was trying to get it so that one tick of dot could drop an enemy?

I just dug this up that he re added to sacredwiki youtube:

Burning down the valley of tears

:)

gogo

Nice!

I think, I've got an idea for a crazy burning bone + purgatory build (without WIDD, I guess, I've had enough of it; at least, for now) :)

Edited by ololcat