Gamesave Corrupted

That is the message I got when loading up Sacred 2 for the first time after the PSN issue. No way to save it, I can only delete the save and everything Sacred 2 from my hdd. Arghh. I had a level 78 seraphim and tons of gold slotted gear I bought and store, I love collecting gold slotted gear, oh and that 4 gold slotted officer sabre. Arghhhhh...

I need to get over this. Shucks. Just a couple of questions...

Where on Silver can I grind for gold effectively? I hope to earn gold fast to buy back those gold slotted gear.

Where can I find the officers sabre again? I cannot remember where it dropped the first time I got it.

Dang... I have no motivation to restart the game again. Dang...

Argh! A sad day, indeed, Artbox. :cry:

I think one of the faster ways of building wealth is the Orc cave... if you can handle it. Before that, Southern Atamark region fighting humans and wolves typically nets decent rewards (gold and stuff to sell or scrap).

As for the Officer's Sabre, you will have to pray to Lady Luck, or trade for it. Unique drops are 99% random, so no way to tell what you will get with any given monster/boss/area/whatever.

Hope you find your motivation again! (despite my 'bad news')

Essjayehm covered a lot of what I was going to post this morning, but here it is anyways.

It's a shot in the dark at fixing the issue, but try these two ideas before giving up entirely. There's no guarantee that either idea will work (as I've never tried them before), but it's worth a shot.

1) Upload the file to the Cloud Save folder (which is an option now due to the 1 month of free PS Plus), then copy it back. It may repair the damage because it's uploaded to a server which won't lock your save file.

2) Copy the data to a USB drive and try copying it back. You won't be able to trade anymore (or get trophies) as the file will be considered "locked" (unlike the Cloud Saves method), but it might salvage your current work.

Officer's Sabers are randomly dropped, much like a majority of the items in the game. There are no specific place to go where you'll have a higher chance (theoretically). The only way to increase your chance of finding these would be to equip more "Chance to Find Valuables +X%" or taking the skill "Enhanced Perception".

Alternatively, champion type mobs and bosses have a better loot table, so farming those will increase your chance also. This is why I said "theoretically", as somewhere like the Orc Cave would give a slightly higher chance that wandering the map randomly.

As for gold farming, I agree with Essjayehm. The Orc Cave will drop a lot of loot quickly, and with the infinite respawn, you can farm for hours without stopping.

Good luck with rebuilding. There's still a decent PS3 community active who I'm sure will be willing to help.

Never a problem to help out and not wanting to restart right now is completely understandable.

After seeing this post, I backed up my PS3's hard drive using the Backup Utility. I try to do it once a month, but I've slacked off on it for a while.

It takes 6 hours to back up now (using roughly 160 GB of the 500 GB drive), but it's well worth it. If the save file corrupts, I can reload the whole hard drive from the back-up image and it doesn't lock the save file from trading.

It might be worthwhile to invest into a 1 TB+ drive (Walmart randomly has 1.5 TB drives on sale for $100 CAD around here) to be able to back-up your drive.

DAMN that sucks bro. I have 1 O.S to spare, I think... And if you want to create a new toon, add me up! I was trying to get a new Dryad (since I think I screwed my other one) but didn't had the will to do it. Now, with a partner, I think it will be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

regarding your officer saber.. I will give u a new one if u havnt gotten 1 yet also I think the issue is u wer in a game saved and not knowingly the host ended while u wer saving.. assuming you never noticed and bothered to trade before the ps3 issue after it was resolved you logged in only to find the corruption sorry for you're lose but currently I dont belive there is a solution you will have to make a new char add me in game if u have a mic - godlike32195 be on in week or so

• 2 months later...

Dear all, thanks for your offers. Kinda rude of me not to reply but I was pretty tired at that time, trying to get over the losses.

I am starting up the game again, going to create a Seraphim and try to get her up to where I was. New goal I have, to amass as much gold as I can and hunt for the rarest items. I used to store 2 to 3 stars items but they seem to take up unnecessary time.

Just a question, are there 4 to 5 stars items on PS3 to collect? Been awhile since I touched the game, I sort of forgot what items I had found or bought.

Sacred 2, here I come again... redeux!

Just a question, are there 4 to 5 stars items on PS3 to collect? Been awhile since I touched the game, I sort of forgot what items I had found or bought.

Up to 4 stars, but finding a 4 star that is not a quest drop is almost a miracle.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Console_Information#Major_differences_between_Console_and_PC_versions_-_Items

Up to 4 stars, but finding a 4 star that is not a quest drop is almost a miracle.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Console_Information#Major_differences_between_Console_and_PC_versions_-_Items

Thanks, I forgot 4 stars are the maximum. So 3 and 4 stars items are what I'll be hunting for then, plus any gold slotted items. 4 stars items do drop right? Any good 4 stars items I should be hunting for?

Gotta level up first though, long way to go...

Edited by Artbox

Thanks, I forgot 4 stars are the maximum. So 3 and 4 stars items are what I'll be hunting for then, plus any gold slotted items. 4 stars items do drop right? Any good 4 stars items I should be hunting for?

Gotta level up first though, long way to go...

You dont have long to wait,I have 4 at level 20 all from the Octo boss. Ones I like are Loki's slicer and Slagelamber's relics set,all can be found at level 20.