What do you want from Sacred 3 ?

cider_steve

I was thinking, whilst playing through the original game, about how some of the things would be nice to see in the next edition of the Sacred series.

What I'd love to see would be some secret things like they had in the original, IE :-

The Jason items. What a buzz when you first found the secret path in amongst those trees and walked through to that area...........and then found the machete and mask ! How cool was that ?

A couple of these sort of ideas in S3 would be a very welcome boon to us gamers............especially like me who love to get every ounce out of thier game. You will get folk that love to rush through the game, and I respect that. But I just love to do everything Every side quest, every item etc.

I hope that you guys have some exciting ideas that you would like to share with us all, some wishes and hopes for S3.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Steve. :)

Or like thains axes? It was fun wondering through the forest and stumbling upon those weapons. Things like that or the unknown warrior quest would be great to have in there.

What I would really like though would be the feel that by completing a quest you see the results of what happens, like what they've said will happen in Guild Wars 2. That would really make it feel like you were doing something in the game world...for example not just running around to find the last wolf on your kill counter, but to find a farm and see that its being attacked by a series of wolves and by killing them and saving the farmers you get rewarded whereas leaving them to die has a negative impact. Instead of where you would choose to click on the quest giver and then accept or ignore the quest which creates a few wolves nowhere near the farmers...hardly feels like a pressing situation.

I'd like to NOT see a bugfest upon release. Both Sacred games had the problem, and it would be nice to have a fairly stable release. Personally, I missed the coolness of sets in Sacred where each class had several different sets that could be used for builds. I liked the special damage sets(unresistable damage with a complete set) as well as the different audio for using different types of weapons, combat arts, and spells. At least Sacred 2 had special unique character mounts, so mounts better be in Sacred 3. I agree that hidden stuff and many Easter Eggs really made Sacred 1 a memorable experience.

Edited by DaveO

I think DB hit the nail on the head for me. One thing that would make for a truly interesting game (and offer infinite replay value, IMO) would be to have the sidequests have effects on the gameworld.

Save the farm and get rewarded with a renewable source for food or rest (ie HP potion, or whatever) or let the wolves kill the farmers, and raid the farmhouse... find a Thain's Axe or other 1-time reward. Just a simple example... having quests affect other quests really gets the noodle spinning :agreed:

Hagelstein was always one of my favourite quests in Sacred 2... just because it had this type of effect, an inacessable area and a boss monster but only if you do the quest.

A simple way to implement consequences such as DB was referring to is 'rep'. Just how 'light' are you? Just how 'dark'. Example: if you choose to let the kobold in the tutorial live, that's a 'nice' thing to do, and peops treat you 'nicer'. Or in DB's example if you save a farm, then you have a merchant that pops up that give you a higher chance for special items at the farm.

If you do enough 'nice' stuff, could open quests, give you bonuses of some sort, etc. If you're 'not nice' enough, opens things as well.

Resurrect Sacred:UW. Never ever before or ater existed a more glorious game. LOl so DS should attempt to resist some greed motivated dumbing the "game down" attempts. The biggest threat is something that happened with the Dungeon Siege series. The 3rd part is out but nothing at all remained from the previous games (well except the name).

While sacred 2 was a good game it definitely missed something (a lot of things) that made Sacred:UW what it was. So in Sacred 3 I would like to see Sacred:UW reborn. Sure that wont happen still thats what I would like to see.

I agree Csas :)

I would like more modifiers for spell users. it felt that with more and more patches they tried to balance the game by taking things away from spells without adding anything. Using life leech in the Sacred 2 beta was fun but yes very overpowered. Rather than just take it away they should have made a version of leech just for spell users, maybe a small % chance to leech.

Melee/ranged players had a wide range of modifiers to use that could change a build to mix things up but we spell users had the three mods for the CA and that was pretty much all.

I would like more modifiers for spell users. it felt that with more and more patches they tried to balance the game by taking things away from spells without adding anything. Using life leech in the Sacred 2 beta was fun but yes very overpowered. Rather than just take it away they should have made a version of leech just for spell users, maybe a small % chance to leech.

You could cap LL so that Area of Effect attacks/spells don't leech off everything, or return it to being a % of damage done (which would also remove it as the best way of dealing with bosses, which would be a good thing IMO).

I'd liketa see diff kinds of factions w/I the game, where you can ally or alienate diff groups of peop w/I towns. Fri'instance, if you're a bad guy and you've allied w high elves, human towns would treat you poorly, maybe even attack on sight. Some merchants refuse to interact w you, or have higher prices, or if allied give you special prices and access to special items. If you're allied w would open special quests, or allied against would do the same.

I'd liketa see diff kinds of factions w/I the game, where you can ally or alienate diff groups of peop w/I towns. Fri'instance, if you're a bad guy and you've allied w high elves, human towns would treat you poorly, maybe even attack on sight. Some merchants refuse to interact w you, or have higher prices, or if allied give you special prices and access to special items. If you're allied w would open special quests, or allied against would do the same.

Sounds to me like you want it to be Oblivion.

This might be controversial to some, but I won't sit on the fence.......too many splinters !

I'd be open to a mini-game being introduced to the Sacred game. Nothing heavy, just a unique card game or something. Be cool if it could be multi player and you could play for in-game gold.

Games like Final Fantasy and Might & Magic had some nice mini-games, so just a thought.

Steve.

I'd be open to a mini-game being introduced to the Sacred game. Nothing heavy, just a unique card game or something. Be cool if it could be multi player and you could play for in-game gold.

Poker, Partnership Whist?

Something along those lines.

Be very cool if they could come up with a new and unique little game though.

In M&M 7 they invented a really addictive card game which had towers on them ( can't remember exactly, long time ago). You had a card playing area in each of the main citys iirc.

I was only think that a mini game would be a nice way to break up the grinding, and if it were something that players could challenge each other then it could really take off.

I've broken off from playing Sacred 1, because I just remembered something else that I want to see in S3.

I would love a return of a trading opportunity that is similar to the Bravemart scenario.

Apparantly there was something akin to that in the Sacred 2 beta, but was removed by the devs as they considered that it amde the game too easy.

I think that was a big mistake. I really loved...........and still do, the trading skill and being able to shop around for some nice items. Especially getting hold of some nice rings and ammys to socket. I can't see that it's a problem myself. If you have the will to raise this skill and put in the time doing the shopping then what is the problem. It's also nice in mp that you can help out your mates by building a shopper.

I have read some negative oppinions of the trade skill, or at least the 'Bravemart' thing, but to be honest, if you don't like shopping, then you don't need to take the trade skill and can play the game quite happily without it. Why should others be denied the opportunity of maximising this skill.

So, what I am asking for is something similar to Bravemart for S3 please...............if you don't like it, don't use it. At least you have the choice. If it ain't there, then where's the choice ?

I've broken off from playing Sacred 1, because I just remembered something else that I want to see in S3.

I would love a return of a trading opportunity that is similar to the Bravemart scenario.

Apparantly there was something akin to that in the Sacred 2 beta, but was removed by the devs as they considered that it amde the game too easy.

I think that was a big mistake. I really loved...........and still do, the trading skill and being able to shop around for some nice items. Especially getting hold of some nice rings and ammys to socket. I can't see that it's a problem myself. If you have the will to raise this skill and put in the time doing the shopping then what is the problem. It's also nice in mp that you can help out your mates by building a shopper.

I have read some negative oppinions of the trade skill, or at least the 'Bravemart' thing, but to be honest, if you don't like shopping, then you don't need to take the trade skill and can play the game quite happily without it. Why should others be denied the opportunity of maximising this skill.

So, what I am asking for is something similar to Bravemart for S3 please...............if you don't like it, don't use it. At least you have the choice. If it ain't there, then where's the choice ?

I would like them to at least keep a bargaining type skill in the game even if we don't get two shoppers next to each other. Although you can still quickly refresh the shops on the start island in multiplayer by teleporting to a location with you map and then pressing f8 to return to the start island before you teleport.

They fundamentally changed the way merchants restocked their inventories in Sacred 2 Steve, so having 2 merchants next to each other wouldn't have made any difference. The only thing that really annoyed me about it in Sacred 2 was that if anyone was AFK on the MP island you couldn't use it for trading since the merchants wouldn't restock.

They fundamentally changed the way merchants restocked their inventories in Sacred 2 Steve, so having 2 merchants next to each other wouldn't have made any difference. The only thing that really annoyed me about it in Sacred 2 was that if anyone was AFK on the MP island you couldn't use it for trading since the merchants wouldn't restock.

Ok mate, thanks for reply. In that case I'd wish they went back to how it was, as S1 did it so well.

I would like to see the ability to network by having the ability to input an IP to connect to a friends game.

Much like what Dungeon Siege 1 had. So people could still play online with friends, but not necessarily be on the companies game server. This would also extend the life of the game for the players when the company decides to shut down the server(s).

I still have friends that I play DS1 with on occasion that way.

In fact I played DS1 until I found out about Sacred 2. I was a little dissapointed that a game of this quality didn't have such a simple feature.

Also;

Seeing that Sacred is a EU developed game, better support for the North American market would be a good thing.

Why is it that the Ice and Blood expansion was never developed and released into that market?

Edited by Stray-Dog

I would like to see the ability to network by having the ability to input an IP to connect to a friends game.

Much like what Dungeon Siege 1 had. So people could still play online with friends, but not necessarily be on the companies game server. This would also extend the life of the game for the players when the company decides to shut down the server(s).

In fact I played DS1 until I found out about Sacred 2. I was a little dissapointed that a game of this quality didn't have such a simple feature.

Well, it did have OpenNet, where whoever starts the game is the server, though it still does go via "their" (DS/Ascaron/etc) servers. As to why, I have no idea, I can only assume that it's related to control & preventing pirates from using it, though given that Sacred has always supported LAN, I'm not sure how accurate that is...

Seeing that Sacred is a EU developed game, better support for the North American market would be a good thing.

Why is it that the Ice and Blood expansion was never developed and released into that market?

Sacred has always had a US publisher (Encore for S1 & CDV for Sacred 2), hopefully S3 will be solely published by DS (who have a US arm) as this would simplify things & lets face it, the previous US publishers haven't done a brilliant job... As to Ice and Blood in the US, that would have been due to a lack of agreement with DS & CDV, complicated by Ascaron going bankrupt. I'm sure that if Ascaron were still a going concern when Ice and Blood were released Ice and Blood would have been published in the US by CDV.

Well, it did have OpenNet, where whoever starts the game is the server, though it still does go via "their" (DS/Ascaron/etc) servers. As to why, I have no idea, I can only assume that it's related to control & preventing pirates from using it, though given that Sacred has always supported LAN, I'm not sure how accurate that is...

Sacred has always had a US publisher (Encore for S1 & CDV for Sacred 2), hopefully S3 will be solely published by DS (who have a US arm) as this would simplify things & lets face it, the previous US publishers haven't done a brilliant job... As to Ice and Blood in the US, that would have been due to a lack of agreement with DS & CDV, complicated by Ascaron going bankrupt. I'm sure that if Ascaron were still a going concern when Ice and Blood were released Ice and Blood would have been published in the US by CDV.

I've contacted CDV and they are only publishers, they don't have any answers regarding tech support as they state from the support tickets I've submitted.

Please let everyone play together on the same parties... no silly allignment ruining it for everyone online.

Sacred 3 should try and remember the positive elements from Sacred that made the game so memorable. Sacred Franchise community members like to share, sing in the servers, and be in the same party for taking out baddies.

:)

gogo