What do you want from Sacred 3 ?

cider_steve

Hey...in game calories aren't supposed to count!

:lol:

gogo

there always hope - perhaps develop the game with so many bugs that it get you kicking and screaming? Or make the mouse movement so insensitive that you have to make really wild movements... :butcher:

Thinking about "what I really want" from Sacred 3 herewith my list:

I want $10 paid into my bank account every time I gain a level.

I want 20 different classes each with 20 unique sets.

I want all characters to be able to wear at least 30 amulets and 20 rings ie Plenty-o-bling

I want the game to have insanely good graphics with very low system requirements.

I want customizable CA animations

I want my in-game actions to influence the real world

I want a bunny mount or a tank

:evil:

ROFL, you da man ! :4rofl:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Steve. :)

there always hope - perhaps develop the game with so many bugs that it get you kicking and screaming?

You mean like a final level... !

An Epic bug level, ultimate homage to the franchise...

I like!

:bounce:

gogo

What I want from Sacred 3

Amazing graphics (example call of duty 6+ series) realistic touch but for this fantasy style world.

Catchable mounts and pets giving stats for example hp or only strength or only intel or willpower etc.

(example dofus game)

Flying Mode with your mount (winged pegasus or dragon) and sky and underwater activities, quests.

A camera to get first person view posibility and preferable not an open full screen when in first person.

(example need for speed shift 2 in car with helmet on or call of duty 6+ when u see your mask or explosion

protection it is partly reduced by it.)

Craftable items like armor and weapons and food or drinks and potions like from profession required capabilities

(Example on some parts around Ancara world u must search a specific mineral stone to mine or

some sheep, cow, ogre, orc or angel to get hair or wool or skin)( Example dofus and runescape )

Hey there sop :)

Very interesting thoughts on what you'd like to see! However, we already have a big thread for this which can be found HERE. It makes it easier to consolidate all of our requests in one place. Perhaps a mod can move your post into the appropriate topic :)

there always hope - perhaps develop the game with so many bugs that it get you kicking and screaming?

You mean like a final level... !

An Epic bug level, ultimate homage to the franchise...

I like!

gogo

Heh, not a bad idea at all! A secret final cave that's loaded with bugs like Underworld... all those flies, worms and bees!! :tongue:

Allow console and pc players to play MP together.

Which is expensive...

I do not expect to actually see it, but I can still dream. :)

Or let PC players play with OSX players, or UNIX players... hell... what I'd really love to see is an OSX release! Sux to have to keep booting into the pc just to play Sacred. (Intel Mac)

I'm talking cross-platform... and while your at it, cross-server. Being locked into using a pc to play is just as annoying as being locked into a single server to play.

—— Aesthir

Edited by Aesthir

Or let PC players play with OSX players, or UNIX players... hell... what I'd really love to see is an OSX release! Sux to have to keep booting into the pc just to play Sacred. (Intel Mac)

I'm talking cross-platform... and while your at it, cross-server. Being locked into using a pc to play is just as annoying as being locked into a single server to play.

At least those other flavours of PC would be able to connect to the same server so they'd be able to play with "us". How much does it cost to port to the Mac/Linux/Unix? I can't imagine that there would be much more than a handful (or a few handful) that would want to play Sacred. I do know that Sacred Underworld was ported to Linux, but I've no idea how much it sold.

OK here some idea I've about how Sacred could possibly evolved in its third rendition.

As a general guidance I think that sometime "more is less" should be the mantra for the development of the game.

I'll try to discuss various aspects of the game but here is a titbits about what would be the main change:

An important evolution of the skills system.

A proper "crafting system" which would include 3 aspect: alchemy, blacksmith and Jewelry.

A highly integrated online functionality for trading.

So let starts :)

Campaign:

As I state the focus should be "more is less", so higher quality content vs more content. I like the idea in Sacred that it's possible play as a good and a bad character.On top of it characters have a class specific quest. Sadly whereas enjoyable the story telling lack a sense of epic. I believe that it would be better to pass on the character specific quests to focus on making two completely different main quests. That will be costly, so to make the most of limited development resources it could be a solution instead of create plenty of not that relevant side quests to focus on few relevant one per area and have randomized ones, I will go back soon to this point explaining further how it could be implemented.

I believe that the campaign should be about the conquest of Ancaria. I see many advantages for such a setting.

First, it would help creating a good and an evil campaign. The good and bad character would start in distant locations and the road to conquest would be completely different.

The fact that the game would be a conquest could help content creation, I'll explain why. A conquest implies a segmented world, more than what it appear to be in Sacred2. I would use mostly the same world map but grow is size, I would split it in more areas, areas that can be worked on in parallel once the story is known. The story is an advancing battle, I could see quiet some bosses battles but also take fortified place (which would mean taking down defenses towers, barricades, etc.). This is pretty standard set-up it can be entertaining and doesn't take creators to spend hours thinking about it. They should go for a more streamlined, story with more elements linked to the main quest.

So how about side quests? They should be randomized and be offered to you once you conquered (or freed) an area of the land. Each area may have different resources (raw materials) and specialties. Side quests would appeared randomly whether or not you're still in the area, more than often they should be a thread for the land you freed/conquered and its resources, which means that it would impact what merchants offering especially crafting materials and local specialties. You would be constantly informed of such threats during the campaign through messengers, whether or not you decide to act or when would still be your call.

As I say I would make the world bigger (the overall same topology but consistently bigger), that a problem for content creation cost. So on I would use the existing content as a canvas, a Gruyere cheese, the whole would be filled by randomized area. Most games have moved away from this but in an open world as Ascaria and assuming a pretty consistent canvas I see no problem. Randomized forests, randomized desert, plains, mines, mountains tracks or dungeons would not plague imho the world consistency and the artistic direction. While randomized content may looks repetitive, use properly it can also keep things fresh.

On a technical POV, randomized content may not be that good with too much camera freedom (devs may have not expect such an object here or there or such a busy scenery with its associated performance impact). I would go back to more standard camera view (allowing zooms and rotations) but not to see thing too much in the distance (that end in fog or come at a performance cost. ON the other side Ancaria is a beautiful place, I believe that the devs should include many "vantage point" along the non randomized area that give you a good grasp of Ancaria size and beauty, there could be trophy/achievement linked to the discovery of those vantage points. Actually some of those vantage points may sometime turn into something related to the story, whether it is to find a breach in camp defense or possibly to use big weapon against a specific threat, etc. there is a lot of possibilities out of the thing.

-----------------------

The classes:

I would not change the amount of classes available without DLC, six is good along as every class has been given its fair share of attention. 5 could do if the number of possible build is insane, and from commercial POV that let room for DLC to introduce some more characters.

Some days ago I was thinking that 3 aspect was OK but that I would add more CAs and buffs per aspect. I though more about it and I no longer that this is a good idea. Less is more. I notice that in Sacred2 there a lot of CAs and Buffs that are close in effect amount the classes. I don't think that the issue come from some devs lazyness or anything but because it's tough to link three aspects to the back ground of one character and one can only think of that many kind spells or abilities for a class. RPG is nothing new and what is workable within a game is pretty much a known quantity, SO :)

I think that they should tone down the number of aspect to 2. In the same time I would keep 5 CA per aspect, I would keep the 6 mod per CAs, I would not grant extra mod points but you would get mod points a bit quicker. This may sound like a decrease in customization potential but it's not as it would be baked up by a revamped SKILLS system especially weapons :)

------------------------

The Skills:

Here there would be massive changes.

The main idea behind those change is a rework of mastery. It would basically a move from "mastery" as now to "levels of mastery". So instead of achieving mastery @ level 75, player would access grade @ 10/25/45/75/120. Those grades would unlock special abilities and various bonus. Those special abilities and bonus would be especially relevant for the offensive skills as player would be given more choices. I would remove some skills and extend the effect of some other

Here somehow, what I envision for offensive skills. I feel like most people won't agree with the idea but anyway :)

I plan for the bonus and special abilities granted by leveling a given offensive skill to somehow replace weapon based CA all together. Sounds crazy I know. More details are coming about implementation are coming but I'll start with by describing what skills trees would be available. I would change how various weapons are classified from existing classification to the following:

*Two handed fighting: all the two handed weapons including range ones.

*Shield and weapon: standard size single handed weapons, intended to be used with a shield

*dual wielding: light/finesse weapons, as short sword, dagger, throwing stars, pistols etc. intended to be dual wielded.

*Unarmed fight: self explanatory.

those three skills would as for now improve attack value and speed as well s granting bonus or special abilities.

Tactic lore: improve damage and critical plus bonuses.

I know it looks like what is available in other games (DoA for example) but it sounds to me like a reasonable classification, I don't think a that a range player wielding a shield is an aesthetic proposal so I would not offer the option, neither in a tough world I would consider a wielding a single handed without a shield even a tiny one an option. So it could look restrictive but it could be more flexible than it looks all depending on the bonus and special abilities chosen by the player. I can't describe all the options that devs would come with (or if I were given more times) but I'll try to give an explanation about how I would implement this.

First all build would start with standard attack. We all noticed that there are "animation routine and that they vary depending on the weapons, logic. How logic it is that some weapons have a "chance to hit other targets?" For me it's not it more the way the guy swing the weapon right? this made me think of this, how about different styles in the animation routine that have actually an impact on game? How animations being like a combo with blows of various intensities? (NB I'm not speaking of button crushing) I envision three styles, 1o1, 1oX and a one defensive. Two handed player would choose between: 1o1 or 1oX, Shielded one, 1o1 or defensive, Dual wielder 1o1 or 1oX. these choices (among others) would be given @level-10 (and the following level of mastery).

The other choices would be:

CA like capabilities: a single opponent attack, a multiple opponents attack, activated defensive stance.

Other passive capability: possibility to DW 1 big weapon (with penalty), possibility to DW 2 big weapons (with penalty), suppress DW penalty with big weapons, boost to attack value, boost to attack speed, or lesser speed to both, possibilities to use some single handed weapon as two handed.

Most of these choices could be taken up to three times providing greater and greater effect.

By the way that doesn't mean that all classes could use all the weapons, usable weapon per classes and offensive skill would be different matter.

Tactic lore, as for now tactic lore would increase damages and critical chances but it would also give player choice following the same progression as the other offensive skills. You would have standard choices as boost to damages, crit or both as well as letting you choose weapon of choices. What would be the benefit of a weapon of choice? It would not bring extra damages or crits but it would allow you to choose to activate on any weapon of this type one of the unlockable properties specific to this type of weapon (example, chance to ignore armor,chance for wounds, chance for stun, etc. ) Once again the player would be able to make the same choices up to three times, in case it took "chance for bleed" chance for bleed will increase faster along with the tactic lore level (he may choose to unlock other modifier on the same weapon, or focus on another weapon, or pass all together on focus and go for max damages or critical. The player may also choose the cleave passive ability (you finish your animation routine on the closest critter instead of restarting it if the critter you started it on dies, would work even for the std animation routine).

That's it for the offensive weapons, I would pass on damage lore and speed lore as well.

Edited by super-avianti

Now to the defensive skills:

I would not change much to the defensive skills aside the removing from shield lore as benefit could get ripped else).

The change to the mastery system would be less drastic too. There would still be grades.

For armors gear may ask for a given level of mastery to unlock some special properties but there would be no passive or active bonuses.

Constitution each of the 5 passive bonus possible would grant 20% of your life regen while in combat. The main effect of the skill would be the same: more hit points, more regen).

I would change Toughness mitigation bonus into a chance of resist some "non spells based detrimental effects" (think being eject from your mount, resist, stun, knockdown, disarm, etc. all which should be a threat to the player more often imho). I would limit the boost to armor to non physical damages but increase the effect.

I'm not sure about how effective are CR and SR primal effects are I've the feeling that most of the benefits of those two is protection from critical. Whereas I take those skills often but measuring their effectiveness is tough for me so I'm not sure if those two should be revamped (or not) to make them more attractive (vs constitution, toughness)

The Combat Art skills:

I would have only a skill per aspect, the lore as it is now.

Ancient magic would pump spell intensity instead of damages. standard mastery.

Combat discipline: it's main effect would be lower the chance on your spell being interrupted (when you get hit while casting) which should be integrated to the game imho. Bonuses granted would be the bonuses from CD and Concentration, more buffs, bigger combo or more chance to resist spell interruption but no damage or regen bonuses.

Concentration would do what "aspect focus" are doing now lowering regen as well allowing for higher CA level, no bonus just standard mastery. It would help to get mod points. I state earlier that mod point should be given a bit faster that's it (a bit like the SW can get more mod points than the other classes while spending the same amount of skill points). Standard mastery

-----------------------------------------

I'm done for the "fighting skills". Overall you would have less Skills to choose from, so I might lower the number of skills that can be selected by the player. I might go for 8 skills. I believe that there would not be less choices.

The way I would see skills balancing would be possible to make a character taking only offensive and defensive skills viable, not the most powerful being out there but viable a bit like a single aspect character focusing on its weapon based aspect (say GI for Ink).

As a note as there would be less Skills that would be worse to be taken for a specific effect and so spending one just one skill point, I would keep the number of skill point granted the same.

Some may wonder why the "generic weapon aspect" (through offensive)? I would answer because I believe it will be easier for developers to develop two proper aspect per character. kind of Area of Effect melee or range CAs would be covered, the same for single opponent CAs. (I will use some examples).

* The shadow warrior is a good example, two of his aspects could be made one without much of a loss if weapon based CAs were left out of the picture. (For information I would keep belligerent vault, ruinous onslaught, killing spree, augmenting guidon, and grim resilience for the buff).

With a SW melee build you still invest in tactic lore and weapon lore.

The restriction to 2 aspects may be lossless, actually it may help devs to better balance classes, to more finely match what an aspect does with its background and the background of the character, etc.

* If I continue with existing characters and take the high elf. I would obviously retain the fire and the ice aspect. The third one is not bad but a support aspect. I believe that the flexibility offered by the "offensive skills set" as I present it would out do the loss for the delphinic arcana aspect. Actually I would make high elf with my system I would change things a bit. I would make both fire and ice aspects even more symetric, out frost flare and ancient fire, enter fire and ice two handed staff (close parents to beefeegee). I would remove cascading shroud (not that's not great) and introduce a Ice demon. I would make them a bit less sucky and at least make them better at gathering aggro. I don't believe that the high elf would be less rich as a class than it is now. You may have potent melee character (either fire or ice), hybrid caster/melee caster either fire or ice, pure caster either fire, ice or both. How fun would it be to have a HE surrounded by to demons fire and ice with the HE wrecking havoc all around.

Devs may have done that with the actual system that's true but I believe that focusing on less will make them come with stronger concepts for the classes and aspects. Focus on two side is easier, either you consider opposite (ice vs fire // buff vs debuff // night vs light) synergy (crowd control & debuff // damage & debuff // plenty of choices) or simply two aspects matching the character personality. Whatever the classes devs may come with I believe that they will pull it better if they consider something more "binary". If I'm right they could actually come with more classes (and original classes) than I actually expect.

I also believe they will do a better job at balancing things out with less on their hand.

There some stuff I would want to add, like introduce electric damages, some weapon modifiers, etc. I will do in another post most likely in the post as the one about "general skills".

Edited by super-avianti
  • 3 weeks later...

More immersion

-Less make up to the characters. I only played as a Seraphim, and her make up has too much contrast, (red nails, shoes with heels), I like her sexy style, but she can combine her clotches with more good pleasure...

-Less heavy metal soundtracks. Everybody likes epic music, but less people likes heavy metal music (to me, neither like or dislike, but after a time it can generate some mental fatigue).

-And please... no references to the current and modern world, that breaks the immersion. (I cannot believe that there were ten minutes of a heavy metal show, but the animation of the game's end was so insipid).

Edited by Valkyr

Personally, I'd love to see a game similar to Sacred 2, but with better graphics, better animations, no bugs (though I don't think Sacred 2 has many at all) and that's really about it. To me, Sacred 2 embodies the best of the best. I mean, honestly, what more can you ask for from this game? More items? More quests? More enemies? More classes? More skills Hell, it already has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds. I mean, just in quests alone you get 600, plus all the secrets to find, easter eggs to uncover, etc. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to finish Sacred 2 and everything that it has to offer because there is simply so much- and that's a good thing. If Sacred 3 was exactly like it, but with improved technical aspects, it would be a no-brainer.

I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to finish Sacred 2 and everything that it has to offer because there is simply so much- and that's a good thing. If Sacred 3 was exactly like it, but with improved technical aspects, it would be a no-brainer.

The amount of content for what we paid, the hundreds (err. thousands ? :oooo:)has always put this franchises's games at top of list for what I've seen. I've never been intersted in the kind of head space offered by monthly subscriptions, but I've always been on the lookout for best value.

Kinda scares and frightens me a bit that some of the strengths of this game, the compelling reason to purchase in it's past, free online closed servers and massive build potential may be "adjusted" for today's economics.

noooooooooooooo

:cry:

gogo

I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to finish Sacred 2 and everything that it has to offer because there is simply so much- and that's a good thing. If Sacred 3 was exactly like it, but with improved technical aspects, it would be a no-brainer.

The amount of content for what we paid, the hundreds (err. thousands ? :oooo:)has always put this franchises's games at top of list for what I've seen. I've never been intersted in the kind of head space offered by monthly subscriptions, but I've always been on the lookout for best value.

Kinda scares and frightens me a bit that some of the strengths of this game, the compelling reason to purchase in it's past, free online closed servers and massive build potential may be "adjusted" for today's economics.

noooooooooooooo

:cry:

gogo

I agree. I never pay a monthly subscription fee for a game- that's just ridiculous. I also think its sad to know that Sacred 3 probably won't be nearly as full-featured as Sacred 2, but if it is, I will not hesitate to purchase it. I just hope they don't ruin what made Sacred 2 so great.

Has there been an official release date for S3 yet, by the way? I've seen "2011-2012" but since then I haven't heard any news on it, I'm starting to wonder. I also hope that they ship on all three platforms, so I can play it on PS3. I doubt they wouldn't though, as Sacred 2 did pretty well on consoles.

Has there been an official release date for S3 yet, by the way? I've seen "2011-2012" but since then I haven't heard any news on it, I'm starting to wonder. I also hope that they ship on all three platforms, so I can play it on PS3. I doubt they wouldn't though, as Sacred 2 did pretty well on consoles.

Nothing official yet, just, as you noted, a probabibility of release years. This is why we keep the activity going in forums and wiki, to show the world that we're waiting for the next game!

gogo

Just thought of another thing: Temple Guardian. Sacred 3 MUST have the Temple Guardian. Just started playing one for the first time today and I'm pretty sad that I waited this long- it's such a cool class. It would be a shame if he didn't return.

Nothing official yet, just, as you noted, a probabibility of release years. This is why we keep the activity going in forums and wiki, to show the world that we're waiting for the next game!

gogo

To be honest it's hard to tell if they have even started development of the game yet. The company developing it is still offering positions on their website for various aspects of the game, although the number of open spots is less than when I last looked.

I also hope that they ship on all three platforms, so I can play it on PS3. I doubt they wouldn't though, as Sacred 2 did pretty well on consoles.

What little info we have is that it will be released on both PC and consoles, although the official release did not mention which consoles. There has been some speculation that the next generation of consoles may be released before S3 and the game may be come out for them rather than the current consoles.

There has been some speculation that the next generation of consoles may be released before S3 and the game may be come out for them rather than the current consoles.

lol

Don't tell me the next gen of consoles is coming out in five years... pleeeeeeeeze don't tell me that!

:oooo:

gogo

What I want from Sacred 3? I still want to play single player with out an internet connection, no/less bugs and all the humour from Sacred 2, I loved all the funny stuffs and thingy-mibobs! other than that, I loved the characters, and the combat arts, skills, armour sets, and everything else!

Delta!

Just an idea I had... Wanted to think out loud I know it won't be in Sacred probably. Makes more sense where I had the idea, titanquest. Ok there are 6 gods in sacred and we can choose godspell?

What about if the actual player has some sort of effect on his character. The player being the manager. Say you have 3 seraphim a shadow warrior and a temple guardian. Those are your five characters. But who is the hidden manager of these characters. YOU. You could be a god. Or you could be something like a planeswalker in magic the gathering.

I am not particular but it would be neat to have some mechanic of powers each controller develops. It doesn't have to be powers just some customizable feature. We wouldn't want to make the users with more play time way more powerful than those with a single character. But there could be some minor incentive.

So YOU are the planeswalker and you have influence over your pantheon of characters. Already we have achievements but I am looking to some customizability like the God Spell. Where each PLAYER (you) forges some kinda identity.

Just thinking outloud.....

Just an idea I had... Wanted to think out loud I know it won't be in Sacred probably. Makes more sense where I had the idea, titanquest. Ok there are 6 gods in sacred and we can choose godspell?

What about if the actual player has some sort of effect on his character. The player being the manager. Say you have 3 seraphim a shadow warrior and a temple guardian. Those are your five characters. But who is the hidden manager of these characters. YOU. You could be a god. Or you could be something like a planeswalker in magic the gathering.

I am not particular but it would be neat to have some mechanic of powers each controller develops. It doesn't have to be powers just some customizable feature. We wouldn't want to make the users with more play time way more powerful than those with a single character. But there could be some minor incentive.

So YOU are the planeswalker and you have influence over your pantheon of characters. Already we have achievements but I am looking to some customizability like the God Spell. Where each PLAYER (you) forges some kinda identity.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here. Don't you already have control over the way your character develops? You get to outfit them with different armors, manage their attributes, decide which skills they use, etc.

Unless you're talking about about the way they look- as in facial features, hair, etc. which I have no opinion on anyway- whether you have set features for characters or the ability to change them is cool either way.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about here. Don't you already have control over the way your character develops? You get to outfit them with different armors, manage their attributes, decide which skills they use, etc.

Unless you're talking about about the way they look- as in facial features, hair, etc. which I have no opinion on anyway- whether you have set features for characters or the ability to change them is cool either way.

What I am saying is that YOU are like a planeswalker or god (I have been playing titan quest) and you have your champions. Each of your champions is influenced by YOUR identity which changes over time:) Get it? Edit: your champions are your toons

Edited by claudius